An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vaccinate And Why They Are Bad

elizabeth09

IcePrincessKRS

Also, it was the one whooping cough, or whatever and I have asthma and I ALWAYS have terrible coughs when I get sick and I do wonder if there was a connection. Then again, people born under my astrological sign are prone to diseases of the lungs. :|

DTP. My brother had a reaction to the same one. (Pertussis = whooping cough.) After that he received the D&T separate and wasn't administered the pertussis vax.

missionseeker

DTP. My brother had a reaction to the same one. (Pertussis = whooping cough.) After that he received the D&T separate and wasn't administered the pertussis vax.

yes. that one. Tbh, idk if that's what they did for me or not. Or if I just didn't get anymore.

No more so than antibiotics are bad because some may react badly (I don't think anyone would say abx are bad).

I think you're oversimplifying the issue. I would certainly say that antibiotics can be bad. In the US these days, they mostly are used in a bad way, in ways that cause more problems than they solve. Neither vaccinations nor antibiotics are intrinsically good. What we do with them makes them so or not. It is possible to abuse antibiotics just as it possible to abuse vaccines. Or anything else, for that matter. In my opinion, most drugs these days prescribed by GPs (in America) are prescribed abusively. I'm not talking about painkillers and things prescribed to addicts, but things like antibiotics prescribed to people "just to be sure", because "it's better to be safe than sorry"—at least until you've prescribed so many antibiotics nationwide that you suddenly find out you've been feeding the antibiotic-resistant super-strains of God knows what your entire medical career.

Not good.

http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/120824-pepsico-will-not-use-aborted-fetal-cell-lines-for-flavor-enhancers/

I am skeptical of anything Lifesitenews says, as the pitch of all their writing is fanatical. At least here they provide third-party documentation. But did you actually read the letter from Pepsi? It doesn't say that they used fetal cells and ceased doing so. It simply says "we don't".

?

IcePrincessKRS

you're so much nicer than I am. 

I was looking for it anyway because I couldn't remember which companies had cut ties with Senomyx and which were still working with them. lol Campbells and Pepsi definitely did. Nestle apparently hasn't, not sure about Kraft.

IcePrincessKRS

I am skeptical of anything Lifesitenews says, as the pitch of all their writing is fanatical. At least here they provide third-party documentation. But did you actually read the letter from Pepsi? It doesn't say that they used fetal cells and ceased doing so. It simply says "we don't".

?

Yes, I did read it. The original source for the letter is the same one that StMichael posted with his link for vaccine ingredients.

missionseeker

I doubt kraft did because 

I was looking for it anyway because I couldn't remember which companies had cut ties with Senomyx and which were still working with them. lol Campbells and Pepsi definitely did. Nestle apparently hasn't, not sure about Kraft.

Nestle is an evil company anyway. I doubt Kraft did (and this is just conjecture) because, if I remember correctly, they're in cahoots with monsanto. 

A number of extremely serious and lethal illness have now been eliminated or significantly reduced because of vaccinations.

In the Victorian era, tuberculosis was rampant in the UK. People were losing their lives to consumption by the thousands. The TB vaccine changed that.

MMR? The anti-vaccine crowd talk about these illnesses as if they're just natural childhood ailments that don't require intervention. Those diseases can kill, or leave children with significant sensory impairments - blindness, deafness. It boggles my mind that one pseudo-scientific study by a doctor who has since been forbidden to practise medicine has got parents too scared to immunise their kids against those illnesses. They should look at what the child mortality rate was like before the onset of widespread immunisation. Or just look at a country in the developing world where parents sometimes walk for literally days in order to get their kids to a clinic for vaccinations.

Some people will have adverse reactions to jabs. Some people have bad reactions to all sorts of medicines. That's inevitable. But on the whole I think we're better off with them.

GeorgiiMichael

Except all that stuff we won't find out causes developmental disability until 100 years from now.

Scientists and doctors are constantly unloading things on us that they insist do no harm. Wait just a little while, and voila, waddayaknow, they do harm. "We didn't know..." No, they didn't. But they were so arrogant in insisting that they did.

The question for any given individual isn't so much whether vaccines do harm or don't—in this, we can only know what we know, and wait till we know more. The real question is: Does the potential risk of taking the vaccine outweigh the potential risk of getting whatever disease it prevents? In societies where most of those diseases are no longer prevalent, it does. Should there be future outbreaks, it wouldn't. But until the next outbreak, I think we should all just say 'no' to vaccines.

That's a load of bull. We've been using vaccinations for 100 years already, and we've been artificially inoculating (building up immunity without actually coming down with the disease) for hundreds of years before that.