An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vaccinate And Why They Are Bad

elizabeth09

Archaeology cat

......then we wouldn't be here debating this, as the entire human race would have been decimated by disease long before now.

pro or anti vaccines, that doesn't make much sense. Vaccines are rather modern. There were attempts at inoculation (against smallpox) in the 17th century, but widespread effective vaccines are much more recent.

PhuturePriest

Proper English and why it's not bad:

1) People can understand you

2) It makes you look more intelligent

3) People respect you more as a troll

He's not serious. He's a troll. But on a serious biblical note, we do have this.

I'm a chick, not a dude.

Sirach was written way before Big Pharma came around to give doctor$ trips to the Carribean. Comparing Sirach to modern day doctor$ is really.....well just really? lol

You are fools and can't cross the bridge this "troll" lives under....you probably wouldn't survive being homeless. You could not live like St. Francis.

Btw, I don't remember Jesus telling us to get our cholesterol checked.

Are you having open heart surgery so you can save the world or make more money for mammon?

Jesus called many people fools in His own satirical way. duh.

Vaccines are profitable. Doctor$ prey on your fear of death and illness. Jesus said not to worry about these things. Did He not cure people and raise them from death?

Jesus also never said it was cool for you to breath.  Maybe you should stop.  

Jesus also never said it was cool for you to breath.  Maybe you should stop.  

I thought there were more geniuses on this site.

g2g. I hear the nicotine calling me....

havok579257

I'm a chick, not a dude.

Sirach was written way before Big Pharma came around to give doctor$ trips to the Carribean. Comparing Sirach to modern day doctor$ is really.....well just really? lol

You are fools and can't cross the bridge this "troll" lives under....you probably wouldn't survive being homeless. You could not live like St. Francis.

Are you having open heart surgery so you can save the world or make more money for mammon?

Jesus called many people fools in His own satirical way. duh.

Vaccines are profitable. Doctor$ prey on your fear of death and illness. Jesus said not to worry about these things. Did He not cure people and raise them from death?

so you think God is limited by time?  you don't think when God inspired sirach to be written he didn't know everything second of every day until the end of the earth? 

your just being a troll now.  you just coming on here to try and provoke catholics.  not very christian of you. 

elizabeth09

I`m not playing God.  It just seem to me that every time a child dies from a vaccines, it seem that I got off for free.

fides' Jack

Vaccines work very very well actually, and the only time they will start to fail is when people stop getting them. With more habitat (humans) for pathogens to infect opens up a window for possible mutations and ability to spread.

Very well doesn't mean perfectly.  Nothing is perfect, including vaccines.  There will always be that 1/1000000 persons who it actually hurts more than it helps.  Nobody should be forced to get vaccinated.

elizabeth09

I agree with you about forcing someone to get vaccinated, and vaccines are not perfect.  I have a story, and I think its high time someone tell their story now.  Just remember, you may not get hurt from vaccines, but you children might get hurt from them.

Very well doesn't mean perfectly.  Nothing is perfect, including vaccines.  There will always be that 1/1000000 persons who it actually hurts more than it helps.  Nobody should be forced to get vaccinated.

Very true however the only complications ever recorded that are proven to be associated with vaccines are allergic reactions or superficial aggravation at the injection site.

The only time a vaccine doesnt work is when a persons particular immune system does not respond appropriately by the production of antibodies or when a particular pathogen (like the flu) has SO many strains and opportunities to mutate that the vaccine might not catch them all.

But in nearly all cases there is only one target for a vaccine which very effectily wipes out the intended pathogen.

And I dont think you fully understand the harm a population will go through when large numbers of people begin to refuse vaccination. The vaccine debate isnt even a debate. It is a large group of worried parents who have been exploited by scary stories.

You will be at higher risk of harm by denying a vaccination than by getting them. The evidence is overwhelming. :idontknow:

fides' Jack

Interestingly, the 1998 report linking autism to MMR has been discredited, but now, 15 years later, the debate is popping up again.

In Italy last year, a judge ruled that the evidence clearly showed that the MMR vaccine was to blame for one kid's autism.

In areas like this, I prefer to do my own research.  I can't find conclusive evidence either way, but I can determine conclusively that all around the world medical professionals are adamant about stomping down this "rumor" about autism caused by MMR.  That in itself is enough to give me pause.  

The book is not yet closed on the subject.