An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vaccinate And Why They Are Bad

elizabeth09

fides' Jack

Very true however the only complications ever recorded that are proven to be associated with vaccines[...]

This is my problem, right here.  Nothing is proven.

I understand the risks - measles, mumps and rubella can cause death.  Got it.  But we honestly don't know just how far reaching any (if any) complications exist from the vaccine.  Could be small, might be big.  The system is so bent on smashing any argument or evidence to the contrary that we just don't have any real statistics right now.

It's impossible for a judge to rule that a vaccine caused autism, because the causes of autism are not known (although the bulk of medical evidence suggests that it has a strong genetic component, and it's widely accepted in the scientific community that autistic people are in fact born with autism). If a judge really did declare a vaccine to have caused autism, then he has broken with the medical establishment and also gone well beyond his competence and role as a judge. Legal training doesn't really equip you with great knowledge on the etiology of neurodevelopmental disorders.

I am autistic (Asperger's Syndrome). I have good friends who are a lot more profoundly autistic than I am, including a woman who is mostly non-verbal and couldn't speak a single word until she was fifteen. People like us have always existed, in the same numbers that we do now. What has changed is diagnosis. In the not-too-distant past my non-verbal autistic friend would have been labelled as 'mentally retarded' and shoved in some institution for life. There was not much interest in looking closely at people's problems and learning how they actually thought and perceived the world - 'retardation' was the catchall term for everything, and if you couldn't function in society, you were put away in some building or (if you were lucky) cared for by relatives until you died. People like me were treated as either harmless eccentrics (if mildly affected) or suffering some sort of mental illness (if more severely so). Now there is better understanding of autism and other conditions, which is reflected in the increased rate of diagnosis.

Medical professionals are adamant about stomping down this rumour of an autism/MMR connection because it could very easily lead to a resurgence in childhood measles, mumps, and rubella. Those diseases aren't fun. Children can die from them, or be left with serious consequences. The conspiracy theories are dangerous.

elizabeth09

Very true however the only complications ever recorded that are proven to be associated with vaccines are allergic reactions or superficial aggravation at the injection site.

The only time a vaccine doesnt work is when a persons particular immune system does not respond appropriately by the production of antibodies or when a particular pathogen (like the flu) has SO many strains and opportunities to mutate that the vaccine might not catch them all.

But in nearly all cases there is only one target for a vaccine which very effectily wipes out the intended pathogen.

And I dont think you fully understand the harm a population will go through when large numbers of people begin to refuse vaccination. The vaccine debate isnt even a debate. It is a large group of worried parents who have been exploited by scary stories.

You will be at higher risk of harm by denying a vaccination than by getting them. The evidence is overwhelming. :idontknow:

I think that doctor are told what to say and when to say it.  Question:  I had the chicken poxes when I was a youth with three of my siblings.  Why are children are really sick today, then ever before?  And don`t say "I don`t know"

Interestingly, the 1998 report linking autism to MMR has been discredited, but now, 15 years later, the debate is popping up again.

In Italy last year, a judge ruled that the evidence clearly showed that the MMR vaccine was to blame for one kid's autism.

In areas like this, I prefer to do my own research.  I can't find conclusive evidence either way, but I can determine conclusively that all around the world medical professionals are adamant about stomping down this "rumor" about autism caused by MMR.  That in itself is enough to give me pause.  

The book is not yet closed on the subject.

The book is very much closed. Evidence has overwhelmingly shown that there is no link between the MMR vaccine and autism. A judge making a decision like that is far beyond the scope of his authority or knowledge. Japan has banned the MMR vaccine, and yet autism rates are still increasing. In 1998, the year the Wakefield paper was published, there were 56 cases of measles. In 2008, there were 1348. 

In 2011, 158000 cases of measles were fatal worldwide. In 1980, before measles vaccination, that number was 2.6 million deaths a year. It is asymptomatic for nearly two weeks after infection, during which time more people could be infected since it is highly contagious. Mumps is also highly contagious and can lead to meningitis, miscarriage, and other infections. Rubella also has a long incubation period, allowing for quick infection of others before the individual even realises they're sick. It can also cause miscarriage and stillbirth. As I've already said, these vaccines are not for treating the sniffles. They are for treating serious diseases that people have become complacent about because, thanks to vaccination, they no longer ravage the population in epidemics. 

GregorMendel

Interestingly, the 1998 report linking autism to MMR has been discredited, but now, 15 years later, the debate is popping up again.

In Italy last year, a judge ruled that the evidence clearly showed that the MMR vaccine was to blame for one kid's autism.

In areas like this, I prefer to do my own research.  I can't find conclusive evidence either way, but I can determine conclusively that all around the world medical professionals are adamant about stomping down this "rumor" about autism caused by MMR.  That in itself is enough to give me pause.  

The book is not yet closed on the subject.

Last October, an Italian court also ruled that six scientists were guilty of manslaughter for failing to predict and warn citizens of an impending earthquake and sentenced to six years in prison.

I suggest you pick another country as an example for testing scientific evidence in the court of public opinion.

There was a man in Italy who was an advocate against vaccinations.

His son either died or was crippled from them. I can't remember his name....

We have to remember that God takes care of all things. He has the power over everything.

I had pediatrician tell me she wouldn't give her kid the meningitis vaccine, then I said don't give it to mine.

But when i took my then 15yr old to a family doctor, they said that they were doing another booster for whooping cough

because it was becoming an epidemic again. I told her not to give it to my son, but the nurse gave it to him with his tetnus shot.

I followed this story of a woman in Detroit. It was horrifying. Here's a page that explains it well, even though i am not a liberal:

http://the-classic-liberal.com/maryann-godboldo-parental-rights/

I wish the Church would do more than preach pro-life and spend more time and money on the children being harmed by the medical indu$try.

But don't expect people to listen to you. The majority follows the medical indu$try and not Jesus the Holy Physician.

homeschoolmom

We have to remember that God takes care of all things. He has the power over everything.

So.... are you suggested that we don't ever have to do anything about anything?

Now lots of infants are given that acid reflux medication for colic and such. 

That is just going to cause more problems in the long run.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/babies-receive-acid-reflux-meds-doc/story?id=14926271#.UVCdMRecGSo

Many women choose not to breast feed too. I guess their implants won't let them. Nothing is natural anymore.

They've taken God out of everything.

Maybe the CHurch could do a campaign on breast feeding....

The world's going to hell in a rice bowl. 

So.... are you suggested that we don't ever have to do anything about anything?

We are supposed to profess The Gospel and Seek the Truth. 

As Catholics we are supposed to help the poor and the oppressed.

We as supposed to go for sainthood, not go for the gold.

We don't control the cosmos do we? 

fides' Jack

Last October, an Italian court also ruled that six scientists were guilty of manslaughter for failing to predict and warn citizens of an impending earthquake and sentenced to six years in prison.

I suggest you pick another country as an example for testing scientific evidence in the court of public opinion.

Um - ad hominem.

GregorMendel

I'm a chick, not a dude.

Sirach was written way before Big Pharma came around to give doctor$ trips to the Carribean. Comparing Sirach to modern day doctor$ is really.....well just really? lol

You are fools and can't cross the bridge this "troll" lives under....you probably wouldn't survive being homeless. You could not live like St. Francis.

Btw, I don't remember Jesus telling us to get our cholesterol checked.

Are you having open heart surgery so you can save the world or make more money for mammon?

Jesus called many people fools in His own satirical way. duh.

Vaccines are profitable. Doctor$ prey on your fear of death and illness. Jesus said not to worry about these things. Did He not cure people and raise them from death?

In what world are you living in that physicians are being given caribbean vacations for administering vaccines? As a medical student, I would love to live in that world, but fortunately for the responsible practices of ethical medical professionals (btw, when was the last time a physician, not a nurse or PA, administered a vaccine to you?), such temptations are highly illegal and interactions with pharmaceutical representatives, at least on the individual physician level, are highly regulated.

Furthermore, your spelling of 'doctor' with a dollar sign in this context is not only incredibly insulting, it is hilariously inaccurate. Regarding my question of who physically administered your last vaccine, if it was indeed a primary care (FP, IM, etc.) physician, such individuals represent the lowest paid physicians in the country, those consciously chose a medical specialty dedicated to the care of all the sick, regardless of ability to pay, in return for the lowest salary and the highest non-surgical occupational demands; A dermatologist is not going to give you a flu shot. In the current economy, any physician willing to devote themselves and their career to the treatment of the general public, especially  the poorest and most at-risk among us, are deserving of our respect. I believe you need to seriously reconsider how one could live a life inspired by St. Francis if you consider such individuals worthy of such contempt and disrespect.

I think that doctor are told what to say and when to say it.  Question:  I had the chicken poxes when I was a youth with three of my siblings.  Why are children are really sick today, then ever before?  And don`t say "I don`t know"

This just doesnt make any sense.

It's impossible for a judge to rule that a vaccine caused autism, because the causes of autism are not known (although the bulk of medical evidence suggests that it has a strong genetic component, and it's widely accepted in the scientific community that autistic people are in fact born with autism). If a judge really did declare a vaccine to have caused autism, then he has broken with the medical establishment and also gone well beyond his competence and role as a judge. Legal training doesn't really equip you with great knowledge on the etiology of neurodevelopmental disorders.

I am autistic (Asperger's Syndrome). I have good friends who are a lot more profoundly autistic than I am, including a woman who is mostly non-verbal and couldn't speak a single word until she was fifteen. People like us have always existed, in the same numbers that we do now. What has changed is diagnosis. In the not-too-distant past my non-verbal autistic friend would have been labelled as 'mentally retarded' and shoved in some institution for life. There was not much interest in looking closely at people's problems and learning how they actually thought and perceived the world - 'retardation' was the catchall term for everything, and if you couldn't function in society, you were put away in some building or (if you were lucky) cared for by relatives until you died. People like me were treated as either harmless eccentrics (if mildly affected) or suffering some sort of mental illness (if more severely so). Now there is better understanding of autism and other conditions, which is reflected in the increased rate of diagnosis.

Medical professionals are adamant about stomping down this rumour of an autism/MMR connection because it could very easily lead to a resurgence in childhood measles, mumps, and rubella. Those diseases aren't fun. Children can die from them, or be left with serious consequences. The conspiracy theories are dangerous.

Thank you for sharing this. You are 100% accurate. 

There was a man in Italy who was an advocate against vaccinations.

His son either died or was crippled from them. I can't remember his name....

I had pediatrician tell me she wouldn't give her kid the meningitis vaccine, then I said don't give it to mine.

But when i took my then 15yr old to a family doctor, they said that they were doing another booster for whooping cough

because it was becoming an epidemic again. I told her not to give it to my son, but the nurse gave it to him with his tetnus shot.

I followed this story of a woman in Detroit. It was horrifying. Here's a page that explains it well, even though i am not a liberal:

http://the-classic-liberal.com/maryann-godboldo-parental-rights/

I wish the Church would do more than preach pro-life and spend more time and money on the children being harmed by the medical indu$try.

But don't expect people to listen to you. The majority follows the medical indu$try and not Jesus the Holy Physician.

Still no substantial evidence to back up any link what so ever.

In what world are you living in that physicians are being given caribbean vacations for administering vaccines? As a medical student, I would love to live in that world, but fortunately for the responsible practices of ethical medical professionals (btw, when was the last time a physician, not a nurse or PA, administered a vaccine to you?), such temptations are highly illegal and interactions with pharmaceutical representatives, at least on the individual physician level, are highly regulated.

Furthermore, your spelling of 'doctor' with a dollar sign in this context is not only incredibly insulting, it is hilariously inaccurate. Regarding my question of who physically administered your last vaccine, if it was indeed a primary care (FP, IM, etc.) physician, such individuals represent the lowest paid physicians in the country, those consciously chose a medical specialty dedicated to the care of all the sick, regardless of ability to pay, in return for the lowest salary and the highest non-surgical occupational demands; A dermatologist is not going to give you a flu shot. In the current economy, any physician willing to devote themselves and their career to the treatment of the general public, especially  the poorest and most at-risk among us, are deserving of our respect. I believe you need to seriously reconsider how one could live a life inspired by St. Francis if you consider such individuals worthy of such contempt and disrespect.

This just doesnt make any sense.

Thank you for sharing this. You are 100% accurate. 

Ok Dr. Killpatient.

You are right because you already have the med student ego. Blindness is not always loss of sight.

What about pharmaceutical reps or plastic knee and hip reps? Funny how they are so good looking, just like Ken and Barbie dolls.

I guess you are a student and don't get invited to those fancy dinners or have ever been to a conference where it's a drug rep carnival.

Awwww. The poor GP's. Do they only make minimum wage?

Google Dr. Earl Bradley a pediatrician in Delaware. See what that man did to children. 

I hope you become a real doctor. A doctor who is honest and who seeks the Truth. Better start now. Be like Damian and Cosmos. Do it for free. 

Go to http://www.propublica.org/

I wonder who Job went to for his condition......

Nihil Obstat

I tell you what: if making money was the only thing I was interested in, med school is one of the last places on earth I would go. :hehe: The return on investment is simply insufficient given the risk.