An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Workout Thread

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

"Pain is just weakness leaving the body."

I've walked about 2 miles today, a little more than usual, and done 40  dumbbell bicep curls (at 15lbs), 90 dumbbell raises (at 15lbs), and two 30 second Planks today.

"Without the pain there is no gain," however if your body isn't functioning like it should due to pain: you need to give it a rest.  Don't injure yourself, just be uncomfortable during the workout.   Like in your spiritual life push yourself out of your comfort zone and your comfort zone will expand and you'll be stronger.  It's typical when you try a new type of workout that you'll be sore the next morning or even longer, but stick with it even if the following week or is pathetic.  We will applaud you here!!!  It's rewarding in countless ways!

"Pain is just weakness leaving the body."

I've walked about 2 miles today, a little more than usual, and done 40  dumbbell bicep curls (at 15lbs), 90 dumbbell raises (at 15lbs), and two 30 second Planks today.

Woot woot!

I ought to do some more weight training...I want to focus on my legs so that they are stronger for running.

Right now I have been running 5ks consistently however I the next thing to work on is increasing my pace.

Indoor softball opening night lost 3 to 19.  Ouch.  made a beautiful play at the plate playing catcher.  I was a little shaken up but the other guy was much worse off and I'm not just saying that.  I essentially clotheslined him.  Got an inning at SS.  As I told the guys in field I don't think that'll be a defensive formation we'll see a lot of this year lol.  We gave up something like 9 runs that inning.  At the plate first time up I got absolutely robbed of a ground rule double.  Then got a Fielders Choice and then I got a single.  Was moved over to 2nd with impressive baserunning but was thrown out at third.  I guess there are 8 or 9 teams in the league this season and 5 make the playoffs.  Dodgball Thursday.  So I'm  battings .333 for this particular season so far.  Which for slow pitch softball is not good but it's the beginning of a new season.  

Woot woot!

I ought to do some more weight training...I want to focus on my legs so that they are stronger for running.

Right now I have been running 5ks consistently however I the next thing to work on is increasing my pace.

Woot 5ks!!  Usually I walk those.  The weights are just easy because of office hours.  I have six, one each morning and afternoon MWF, so I'll lift some before, during, and after them.

Feet a bit sore, just walked 10 miles in 3 hours, 15minutes.

Dodgeball yesterday.  First off not long before the game before I left the house I stubbed my toe so bad I thought it was broken.  I can't run on it :-( .  It's not broken.  It's black and hugely swollen though.  Secondly last week I thought we played the best team other then us but they split some of there players with this team.  Double overtime.  We lost.  Terrible sportsmanship on there part.  Terrible reffing.  Buzz left after the second game due to anger problems.  Buzz is an ex minor league baseball pitcher without a match of talent in our division and he abandoned us.  The team refused to let me sit.  I'm too valuable out there:  typically one of the last to go down.  I got the last down in a win against them in one game. (The whole night is a match comprised of games I guess you could say. It's a little confusing.)  In the last overtime I was our second to last person standing and was taken out with an illegal move.  There players had a case of "The magic balls", a couple guys in particular, where it could hit them but the ref would say it hit the ball that they were holding.  There best player stepped out of bounds multiple times a game routinely.  Not to mention all the times they got hit and stayed in cause the refs were looking at us and not them.  We were really good sports overall.  I mean some of the players are hopeless sportmanshipwise even on our team but the number of them is small.  In being a terrific sport I hope to promote it being a two way street someday.  That will be a loooong uphill battle though that I may never see acommplished.  In the aftermath of the game I was pretty upset.  Punching a refrigerator (Both my fist and the fridge are fine) and vomiting, just a little.  That's not uncommon in intense sporting matchups for me whether it be Martial Arts, American Football, softball/baseball, and now apparently dodgeball.   I look forward to indoor softball on Monday.  

Freestryder is fixed! I used it today.  You don't walk or run on the thing, you hike.  In 25 minutes I hiked 5652 feet in the air!

Indoor softball yesterday, I proved again to be starting catcher material.  Our team is awful we lost 7-16 and they were very sportsmanlike and generous with calls.  I played catcher and LF.  I went 2 for 4 with a Run at the plate.  Coach said he is moving me up in the lineup but as a result he can't make me starting catcher to be fair to the other players on the team.  Makes sense.  If I was in his shoes I would probably do similar.  The other team was exceedingly talented.

In Lily White New Hampshire when you see any black guy with cornrows who doesn't show obvious signs of down syndrome, you ask yourself is he Frank Thomas or Willie Mays? And this guy played first base for them and did it reeeeeally well.  He was a lefty too.  No seriously growing up, "You knew a black kid??? Me too!  No Waaay!"  Was he like black as the ace of spades or washed?  Soooo cool!"  No offence intended in the least, were just not exposed to that sort of thing up here very much, but the black player on there team was very talented and a super nice guy.  In fact the first novena I ever prayed was for a co worker lady of African decent with domestic problems.  

dodgeball we won 15 to 1.  Biggest smokeshow ever.  My elbow was throbbing with pain but I did stupendous!  never has an opposing team cheered so hard and sincere as when they go me out. which happened only a couple times.  In fact the one game we lost I was our last person standing.  I was like 2 players people said.  Now to go for a run!

Under 33 minutes and 50 seconds on a 4 mile run.  Where are my workout buddies!?!  My PM gym rats!  Indoor softball at 6:15 tonight.  

Worst night at the plate ever.  As a team we got it together on D though.  Our 3B had a tough inning and I had a small botch at the plate but it was a close game until our 3B fell apart and nobody was remotely upset with them.  We were asked if we wanted to forfeit and we gave em a game.  Still I went 0 for 6 with a GIDP and an RBI.  Not cool.  Team doing it's best though:  Sweet!  Let's keep it up.  I gotta be starting catcher now.  

YOUR WORKOUT BUDDIES ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Ive been MIA. I try to run 3 times a week but the last two weeks have been a bit crazy and now Im sick. Ill probably still try to go running but I may take it easy so that I get over this horrible cold faster.

Dodgeball last night great sportsmanship for this league all around.  So much fun like that.  So psyched.  Real classy.  Some people can't be changed but we love them anyways.  I did well.  I caught the ball for the first time this season.  Have had many throw outs but a catch is a risky move.  Score was close but not too close for comfort, I don't know it.  We won though.  My friend from grammar school I played with had an off night because he reffed the game before.  So that helped the other team.  They couldn't sit anybody because of numbers.  I have had one small turn on the bench all year.  Tis a sign the team really appreciates me!  Now more raking.  

YOUR WORKOUT BUDDIES ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Ive been MIA. I try to run 3 times a week but the last two weeks have been a bit crazy and now Im sick. Ill probably still try to go running but I may take it easy so that I get over this horrible cold faster.

Glad I am not alone in here!  Hope you feel better already!  Sometimes the best thing for a had cold is a good run.  Then make yourself some extra spicy tacos!  Clear out the system.  Just a thought.  Prayers!  

I went running last night with my friend...woke up this morning and I feel  more sick. :(

It was probably a bad idea hahaha oh well its not so bad.