An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Workout Thread

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

When I go on it, it really is all about the scenery.  I don't start to feel it until the return trip, because I'm too busy looking at streams and wildlife.  As compared to my normal cemetery walks, which are just 5km, but feel like they take forever sometimes.

Yeah it really all depends on your boredom levels. 

I have had to switch up my exercise route a few times just because I got bored of the scenery. After you see if for a couple weeks it gets old...and when I am bored while running it feels harder.

A fun website to track distances and map out new paths to walk is www.mapmyrun.com

If you ever want to find a new route and track the distance, this site is really great!

Thursday right before the retreat I ran 4 miles in 35 minutes and 52 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So psyched I ran once and played volleyball duing the weekend too.  I will work out today.

I ran a 6.7 mile race.  I had never been in pain like that going into it either.  57 minutes I'm told.  

Sorry that seemed kind of pert from me. I was having a convo with Mom about the status of my shoulder problems.  I just took Aleve and am still in lots of pain.  I am flattered; that is on the faster side :trophy: .  I moved a large heavy St. Joseph statue today at work up high on a ladder and had it been another statue of anything else I think I woulda been hospitalized and the statue smashed to tiny bits.  But there are always more amazing people out there.  My Mom is doing a mmarathon the day of my zombie 5k!  Go Mom!  

Started using weights.  hmmph.  4 miles in 35 minutes and 51 seconds this time.  Dodgeball and indoor softball next month.  My shoulders are a disaster.  

Worked out yesterday the Hershel Walker routine plus the weight work.  Did 4 miles running ok but not as good as recent awesomeness.  37 minutes and 27 seconds.  

My friend and I are now running for 30 minute straight! It was a personal goal for her so I am very glad she made it!

Its also a new mile stone for me as well...longest Ive ever run!

4 mile run yesterday 37 27.  Wieghts and Hershel Walker routine.  Still too hot to go on my run right now.  Prolly later.  Maybe skip that part and do everything else.  The zombie 5k is only Oct 5th!  I feel like I am getting depressed.