An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Workout Thread

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

personal best for this year under 35 minutes for 4 mile run!  Zombie 5k on the 5th.  Dodgeball season start on the 3rd.  and we need more females or we might not have a indoor softball league :-(  

I did weights and ran today even with a cold.  4 miles in 39 minutes isn't very good for me but I know the cold I have is definitely a factor.  

Amen on time, and yay CCC for running despite the cold! :)

I tried to plank (the exercise, not the fad) and my abs are informing me I overdid it.  Also did a few hundred dumbbell bench press reps.

I have a goal, to be able to run a 5k by next October, (the place where I will be working at does a 5k to raise funds and I would love to be able to run in it.)  I'm trying to figure out a few good routes that are around 5k. It looks like one way to my Church or round trip to the local library.

I'm starting out slowly, right now I am mixing walking and running, 5 minute warm up walk, then twenty minutes of walking/running, then 5 minutes cool down. I figure once I can run for the whole 20 minutes then I will start pushing distance.

I have a goal, to be able to run a 5k by next October, (the place where I will be working at does a 5k to raise funds and I would love to be able to run in it.)  I'm trying to figure out a few good routes that are around 5k. It looks like one way to my Church or round trip to the local library.

I'm starting out slowly, right now I am mixing walking and running, 5 minute warm up walk, then twenty minutes of walking/running, then 5 minutes cool down. I figure once I can run for the whole 20 minutes then I will start pushing distance.

Awesome!!! I started out the exact same way. My friend and I decided to train for a 5k back in april and we are almost there! We took it pretty slow but we are enjoying it.

We started off with alternating walking and running and we use the app 5k Runner!! It made it super easy and it keeps track of time for you so you dont have to!

Also, to find a route that is about 5k (3.2 miles) try going to www.mapmyrun.com. Its basically google maps but you can trace out a path around your home and it will tell you how many miles it is.

CrossCut, maybe it is dorky me, but I have tried that Mapmyroute program before, and it has to be one of the STUPIDEST mapping programs I have even seen. Just tried it again... and had the same if not a WORSE experience than in the past. I have yet to have been able to generate a single route on it.  The map WILL NOT set still, it slips and slides.  I try to get it centered and it double and quadruple counts sections of the route... Basically, in my experience it is unusable.

I know roughly what the mileage on the route is (and I walk rather than run, old lady that I am!) and wear a pedometer, but it wold be handy to just be able to share the route.

Got any ideas? 

because they got rid of the last one.  

tuesday

4mile run in 34 minutes and 37 seconds, 29 pushups in three sets on knuckles, with the highest set being 13.  and Planked unitl my arms gave out.  

Run faster.  

I ran 2 miles in 12 minutes and 31 seconds.  Mom said that was really good.  did the weights and stretching after.  Dodgeball Thursday is postponed.  

Last outdoor softball game of the year.  Felt good, was told I looked good, didn't keep stats but I lead off and it was a tie.  Zombie 5k on Sunday!

Earlier this week I ran 4 miles in 36 and a half minutes. and i ran 2 miles in 13 minutes today.  Wrist may be borderline injured from softball yesterday though.  Pray I don't brake dishes tonight on my shift due to that :-(  

I have been off my game a little recently but I ran for 35 minutes today! Woot

Edited by CrossCuT