An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Workout Thread

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

Ran the zombie 5k.  48 out of 239.  over 42 and a half minutes.  I was 9th in my overall wave of runners.  So all in all I did much worse than last year, but hey I could have sat on the couch and I shouldn't complain too much some people didn't finish.  There was 1 time under a half an hour.  And my brains were munched.  They upped the anti on the obstacles.  like you had to crawl through the mud this time.  I called one particular obstacle "The ankle injury waiting to happen."  And both my ankles are always like glass so fortunate to get through that.  They left the fake barbwire out...  but the bridge it was attached as well.  Overall I woulda liked to have had the bridge better .  I was told there was gonna be a fire obstacle.  No such thing.  Much less zombies.  I survived much longer but it was a bottleneck with people around it was a mud pit and they were teen/tweenage girls, so no fancy stuff you pull in the woods on college age guy zombie while taunting him.  You get 3 brain flags to start the very first zombie took one of mine lol. and I lost one crawling in the mud due to the sheer friction of it, but grabbed it before it was too late.  So with 2 flags left there are flags hidden thoughout the course and I had those 3 when those twerps got me which is close to the end.  Just the mountain after that to do.  Much less zombies this year.  The zombies were ridonk in number last year and didn't tend to play by the rules.  Sand dunes were back, tires, things to climb through and more.  They had a undead cheerleading squad.  Never gotten attention like that from cheerleaders lol.  good fun and I have word that my mom has successfully finished her marathon!!!!!!!!!!!!  26.2 miles.  Wow.  I did 6.7 once lol.  

That is intense! 

I dont know if Ill ever have the ambition to run a marathon...I feel like I would go insane being in my own head for that long.

I Zumba danced for 3 hours.

It's not funny when you slip on your own pool of sweat..

rotfl

Youre my new favorite person!

Ive done Zumba a few times and its pretty fun! It just sucks having to PAY for the classes...especially when you feel like an uncoordinated jellyfish trying to dance.

Played with the dog and fid the weight thingys my mom has been having me do yesterday.  Dodgeball tomorrow against our arch rivals!

My work has been organizing 5k runs every month for employees to participate in and earn points for $$$$ back on insurance. I ran one yesterday with my friend and it was fun!

Dodgeball is back we won 7-2.  I am still a force to be reckoned with.  My throws need a ton more accuracy, some things never change apparently.  Like that and rolling out of bed the fastest and most flexible person in the league.  I think the league is much lower on numbers this season.  We played our arch nemesis the defending champs too, so beating them was nice.  I am sore no doubt.  Bye week next Thursday.  

Going to turn it up a notch after a dissappointing year in speed doing this http://nh.rtbrelay.com/  With a good friend I teach CCD with and my mom and her coworkers.  doing a half marathon in the spring and maybe http://superheroscramble.com/  that last one would be the hardest.  I would need more than running work for that.  And a seriously badarss costume.  I intend to run today.  Maybe some other stuff too.  

Today I ran 4 miles in 35 minutes and 28 seconds.  felt good.  Did a little weight work too.  

IT Bands been acting up so I can't run. I hurt my knee on my last run because of it and now (after already taking a long break cuz I was sick) I have to wait til my knee heals up. Uuuugh, really tired of these hold ups. I wanna run!

Pain lets us know something is wrong. I worked out, and then I had pain. Thus I know that working out is wrong.