An Old School Catholic Message Board

Music Thread

Anastasia13

Chestertonian

I met this guy twice! Used to have a picture of him and I together, then my phone broke. :(

Don't care for his politics, but he's definitely got talent.:)

Anastasia13

Don't care for his politics, but he's definitely got talent. :)

He is a liberal and I am doubtful of his faith (if he has any), but you bet he has talent!

Just remember, you really should vote Republican. ;)

Edited by Light and Truth

Anastasia13

Always liked this video.

http://youtu.be/kXYiU_JCYtU

He is a liberal and I am doubtful of his faith (if he has any), but you bet he has talent!

Just remember, you really should vote Republican. ;)

Do you really think any of these politicians have faith? I know the abortion issue is extremely important, but the Republican Party isn't going to do anything about it. Further, the Republican Party supports many things that I consider to be anti-Catholic.

CatholicsAreKewl

Jeff, I might have to disagree with you on this. I'm sure some of them have faith.... they use it to make them feel better about all the evil they did to get to where they're at now. 

Anastasia13

Do you really think any of these politicians have faith? I know the abortion issue is extremely important, but the Republican Party isn't going to do anything about it. Further, the Republican Party supports many things that I consider to be anti-Catholic.

I have personally met a two candidates for state legislature, one who is a youth pastor and another was a pastor who left full-time ministry to make a difference in people's lives the other way-this one may not have been totally pro-life, but I could see that his faith was part of what motivated him. Another politician I know, who tried to move from state legislature to federal is a man whose Catholic church I am familiar with and who I know has done some good in office-although I cannot recall researching his voting on abortion, I can tell you about his pro-human rights voting record that sought a better approach to human trafficking than a bill that was up for vote and was even was personally responsible for activities that increased employment where it was desperately needed and protected small business and the disabled together.

These things take care of people and protect them. It is in some way living out faith. Few have perfect faith, but that does not mean they are without faith. I believe it is important to look at the whole of how their work affects life as a whole-poverty and education also affect illness, unplanned pregnancy, and crime, and those all affect the preserving or disregarding of life.  When I say something about parties that is not a statement of faith, it is more often than not, half with a detached cynical, sarcastic perspective, and half true. The half that is true is that politics can give us a way to be a voice in the darkness and to care for widows and orphans, to try to feed the hungry and clothe the naked. These are often acts of faith. The other half is that Roy Zimmerman, liberal entertainer from a liberal area and presumably atheist, did a short series of songs using stereotypes about Republicans and called them, "Vote Republican" version #.

Edited by Light and Truth

Anastasia13

get your politics out of the music thread or thou shalt be burnt at the stake.

http://youtu.be/6Ejga4kJUts

while we're at it why don't we ban linkin park. Did you know that real rhymes with feel? In case you ever forget, then you can listen to LP.