An Old School Catholic Message Board

Questions About Catholics Smoking Marijuana

Gabriela

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Smoking a little bit of marijuana is the same as drinking a little bit of alcohol...and a big lol if you don't think alcohol is mind altering...Both alcohol and marijuana can be used in moderation...to say otherwise isn't being sincere...

Marijuana is far more potent by weight, you can successfully have far more alcohol than marijuana without serious side effects, particularly mental and emotional illnesses. And i agree with what some others are saying that st paul says "drunkardness is evil." marijuana falls in the class of drunkardness/mind altering even though blackouts are rare it is still drunk/an altered mind state and is very strong, and again to make my point clear should only be used medically for serious ailments.

Dude I like you Table so no disrespect but you're wrong...Drinking a bunch of alcohol and the side effects are much worse comapred to smoking a bunch of marijuana...Granted you shouldn't be doing a lot of either....But I have a friend who is dead now because they drank a bunch of alcohol one night and wrecked the car and died....He also used to smoke a lot of weed...When he smoked a lot of weed and drove he pry was going 5 miles under the speed limit...alcohol 60 miles over...Don't drive when you're not completly sober is the mature and logical thing to do....But really my friend don't tell me marijuana is more dangerous with the side effects then alcohol...Its not true....

Edited by Guest

I used to smoke all the time and know people who smoked all the time and even smoke all the time now...The people who smoke all the time are chill people...They're not doing crazy things...Compared to someone who drinks all the time and is a drunk....Which is worse is not even comparable...Alcohol is way more mind altering then marijuana....Now if you want to talk moderation both are fine...I know from experience...I can drink 3 beers and have a nice relaxing buzz just like I can smoke a little bowl of marijuana and have a nice relaxing buzz...You don't smoke a little bowl of marijuana and think you're superman and jump off a roof or something...That's not how marijuana works...Some of you act as if one hit of marijuana makes you "drunk". Thats not the case...

Edited by Guest

I'm al also happy to say now a days I spend my days completly sober. That's the best drug for me. Being sober, working my butt off, and going to the gym. Thank you God for your help. You're Great.

Edited by Guest

havok579257

Dude I like you Table so no disrespect but you're wrong...Drinking a bunch of alcohol and the side effects are much worse comapred to smoking a bunch of marijuana...Granted you shouldn't be doing a lot of either....But I have a friend who is dead now because they drank a bunch of alcohol one night and wrecked the car and died....He also used to smoke a lot of weed...When he smoked a lot of weed and drove he pry was going 5 miles under the speed limit...alcohol 60 miles over...Don't drive when you're not completly sober is the mature and logical thing to do....But really my friend don't tell me marijuana is more dangerous with the side effects then alcohol...Its not true....

One person does not fact make. Marijuana is not a harmless drug.

havok579257

Smoking a little bit of marijuana is the same as drinking a little bit of alcohol...and a big lol if you don't think alcohol is mind altering...Both alcohol and marijuana can be used in moderation...to say otherwise isn't being sincere...

Actually smoking a little bit of marijuana is not the same as drinking a little. Although since your the one making all these claims I would like to see all the facts and studies you have to back up your claims.

I never said marijuana is harmless...But if you want to say which drug causes more harm...alcohol or marijuana (reminder they are both DRUGS)....its alcohol hands down...not even close...and like I said I don't even smoke anymore...

Edited by Guest

havok579257

I never said marijuana is harmless...But if you want to say which drug causes more harm...alcohol or marijuana (reminder they are both DRUGS)....its alcohol hands down...not even close...and like I said I don't even smoke anymore...

facts please, that marijuana is less harmful to a "person" than alcohol.

Well I think drunk driving deaths is a valid example....Anyhow not even really into this debate so its all good...You won't convince me though using marijuana in small amounts is a sin and using alcohol in small amounts isn't...But I don't even really care about marijuana and don't even use it so its whatever...Godbless everyone and stay sober...Peace...

Edited by Guest

Winchester

Havok how many times as a paramedic have you been called for a cannabis overdose?

It causes tummy aches, sometimes. Of course, making it illegal has encouraged an increase in potency, and the development of other, more powerful drugs. But let's pretend prohibition works.

CatholicsAreKewl

Havok how many times as a paramedic have you been called for a cannabis overdose?

As Winchester has noted, as long as it's illegal, there's a drive to make the drug more potent. The consumer also oftentimes has no idea what's in it. There are cases of people smoking weed laced with PCP without realizing it. I know at least two people this has happened to.

Edited by CatholicsAreKewl

Winchester

Then there's wet. Which makes them get naked. It's never someone you'd want to see naked.

Edited by Winchester