An Old School Catholic Message Board

Questions About Catholics Smoking Marijuana

Gabriela

Winchester

Apparently, being raped in a cage is morally superior to being baked in your basement.

question for every person(looking at you havok) who asserts that you cant legalize marijuana, otherwise you would end up legalizing all these other dangerous drugs like PCP?

Why cant that go in the other direction? How can we have dangerous drugs like alcohol and tobacco, and over the counter medicines be legal, when the comparitively much less dangerous marijuana is illegal?

Anyone remotely informed on the topic knows that marijuana is much less harmful than those. And yet these other dangerous drugs are legal? kind of a loophole eh? If college kids cant smoke weed and eat cheetoes in their basement, how about instead they get to drink alcohol, throw up, pass out, get alcohol poisoning, and drive drunk? sounds like a good trade off to me.

There is no way to say alcohol is less harmful than weed without revealing yourself to be a complete fool. Hell, even the consequences of quitting alcohol addiction is worse than many hard drugs. Many alcoholics have dropped dead from stopping drinking, even with heroin you are most likely to just be incredibly sick for a while.

So, if weed shouldnt be legal, why is alcohol? If you are a paramedic, and smart enough to have gone to school for your certification, instead of finding it in a box of cheerios, you should know the consequences of having legal alcohol in society.

that about sums it up...well put...

question for every person(looking at you havok) who asserts that you cant legalize marijuana, otherwise you would end up legalizing all these other dangerous drugs like PCP?

Why cant that go in the other direction? How can we have dangerous drugs like alcohol and tobacco, and over the counter medicines be legal, when the comparitively much less dangerous marijuana is illegal?

Anyone remotely informed on the topic knows that marijuana is much less harmful than those. And yet these other dangerous drugs are legal? kind of a loophole eh? If college kids cant smoke weed and eat cheetoes in their basement, how about instead they get to drink alcohol, throw up, pass out, get alcohol poisoning, and drive drunk? sounds like a good trade off to me.

There is no way to say alcohol is less harmful than weed without revealing yourself to be a complete fool. Hell, even the consequences of quitting alcohol addiction is worse than many hard drugs. Many alcoholics have dropped dead from stopping drinking, even with heroin you are most likely to just be incredibly sick for a while.

So, if weed shouldnt be legal, why is alcohol? If you are a paramedic, and smart enough to have gone to school for your certification, instead of finding it in a box of cheerios, you should know the consequences of having legal alcohol in society.

:bananarap:

havok579257

Having a marriage permission slip issuing entity is a novelty, and I don't remotely support it. Civil marriage isn't a sacrament, and our cowardly bishops currently will not permit priests to witness a marriage without a permission slip from the State. You might support such subordination to the most murderous entity in human history, but I do not.

No one has the authority to deny someone from undertaking such a contract. I am free to not recognize it. I am not free to use codified thuggery to enforce that denial of recognition.

http://www.tomwoods.com/blog/government-plays-social-conservatives-like-a-fiddle/

this just shows me what kind of catholic you are.  attacking our bishops and calling them cowardly.  honestly you are no different then the catholics who attack our bishops for not allowing gay marriage and contraception.  you feel like you know better than the church and your easy answer is to attack our priests, bishops, pope because obviously you know better then them.

Winchester

this just shows me what kind of catholic you are.  attacking our bishops and calling them cowardly.  honestly you are no different then the catholics who attack our bishops for not allowing gay marriage and contraception.  you feel like you know better than the church and your easy answer is to attack our priests, bishops, pope because obviously you know better then them.

If I were no different from them, I would advocate that we extend the sacrament to include gay marriage, and that we should permit contraception.

See, I don't have to agree with bishops that the novelty of getting permission from the government before bestowing a sacrament is a good thing. Click the link, learn a little history. It won't kill you.

CatholicsAreKewl

Click the link, learn a little history. It won't kill you.

It's a trap, havok. Don't do it.

havok579257

If I were no different from them, I would advocate that we extend the sacrament to include gay marriage, and that we should permit contraception.

See, I don't have to agree with bishops that the novelty of getting permission from the government before bestowing a sacrament is a good thing. Click the link, learn a little history. It won't kill you.

disagreeing with them is one thing.  calling them out publically as cowards is something completely different.

Winchester

disagreeing with them is one thing.  calling them out publically as cowards is something completely different.

Yes, it is. Maybe I'm wrong, and it's not cowardice, just foolishness. I am not sure what motivates their submission to the State, but it's unbecoming of the princes of the Church to submit.

Chestertonian

944191_393307254120844_2140606983_n.jpg

Remember the time Jesus told the crowd to stone the croutons out of the adulteress?

Are you a Ron Paul supporter?

Winchester

Are you a Ron Paul supporter?

I like a lot of what he has to say, and I was a delegate at the state level, but the GOP was too afraid the homosxshuls would push through their agenda, and them illegal aliens would take over the US and kill all the eagles.

Chestertonian

I like a lot of what he has to say, and I was a delegate at the state level, but the GOP was too afraid the homosxshuls would push through their agenda, and them illegal aliens would take over the US and kill all the eagles.

Looks like Rand Paul is considering running in 2016. I really hope he does.

Winchester

Looks like Rand Paul is considering running in 2016. I really hope he does.

The other day he lost me when he said to evangelicals that he'd continue the drug war. He's better than most, though.

havok579257

Yes, it is. Maybe I'm wrong, and it's not cowardice, just foolishness. I am not sure what motivates their submission to the State, but it's unbecoming of the princes of the Church to submit.

its also unbecoming to publicly attack our bishops.  again its one thing to disagree with them but its completely another thing to attack them.  since you have such an issue with our bishops, did you ever talk to them about your problems with this?  Did you privately speak to them about this first or just publically attack them first?  honest question hopefully I will get an honest answer- have you personally met with the bishops or bishop to voice your issues with them or not?