An Old School Catholic Message Board

Questions About Catholics Smoking Marijuana

Gabriela

Winchester

oh my bad, I guess I never knew people on pcp were non violent.  man I guess all those people I dealt with on pcp were all non violent people who were doing nothing wrong.  gotcha

Some people on PCP become violent. At that point, their actions are violent. Mere use of PCP is not violence. This isn't rocket science. Do try to keep up.

You want to attack people because they might do something. Fine. I will wait until they do something. In my 15 years, I've dealt with several people on PCP, and they haven't become violent.

Winchester

And this conversation reveals exactly why I have zero respect for government certifications.

havok579257

Some people on PCP become violent. At that point, their actions are violent. Mere use of PCP is not violence. This isn't rocket science. Do try to keep up.

You want to attack people because they might do something. Fine. I will wait until they do something. In my 15 years, I've dealt with several people on PCP, and they haven't become violent.

the vast majority of people on pcp become violent.  there is not a positive outcome involving pcp.  I understand your a big fan of making everything in the world legal.  although at some point, society's safety out rules.  when something or someone injures other people almost every time it is used and has no positives it should not be legal.  when citizens are hurt routinely from something it should not be legal.  sorry human life trumps freedom to do whatever you want.  life is way more sacred than someone's right to do pcp legally. 

havok579257

And this conversation reveals exactly why I have zero respect for government certifications.

and yet you work/worked for the government.  kind of funny the thing you rail against you work.

CatholicsAreKewl

have you ever dealt with someone on pcp?  this is a serious question?  do you understand the danger someone on pcp present to the public at large?  do you know of any positive outcome of smoking pcp? 

I honestly would like to know this because this is my issue with people who want to legalize all drugs.  Its they seem to have absolutely no grasp about what they are advocating.  None at all. 

Just to give you one example, I dealt with someone on pcp once who attacked his grandfather and brothers. by the time I got there the grandfather and brother were injured, the house was in shambles and it took numerous police officers, firefighters on scene to restrain the pt.  then in the hospital it took numerous security guards, and me to restrain the guy.  Not to mention the fantastic blood he was spitting all over the walls. 

this is just one instance of someone on pcp.  I can give you a lifetimes worth of examples in just the short 5 years I have worked in the field.  there is not a single positive outcome from using pcp.  only negative outcomes occur.  yet your advocating making it legal.  does this make any sense at all?

Havok, if I wanted to get pcp, I easily could. You make it seem as if availability is relevant. If the government legalized poison, would you take it?

Winchester

and yet you work/worked for the government.  kind of funny the thing you rail against you work.

Yeah. In place of respect for certs, I respect performance. Kind of funny, that.

The thing I rail against will continue whether I work for it, or not.

Winchester

the vast majority of people on pcp become violent.  there is not a positive outcome involving pcp.  I understand your a big fan of making everything in the world legal.  although at some point, society's safety out rules.  when something or someone injures other people almost every time it is used and has no positives it should not be legal.  when citizens are hurt routinely from something it should not be legal.  sorry human life trumps freedom to do whatever you want.  life is way more sacred than someone's right to do pcp legally. 

What's the percentage?

Those who actually become violent can be dealt with. I'm not going to attack someone because they're doing something that may make them violent. Yes, human life trumps being able to do whatever you want. That's my position. Your position is that the right to prior restraint exists.

Are you saying that other drugs should be legalized?

TheLordsSouljah

It just really really bothers me how in some states it IS illegal. Why would it be illegal? While it's nothing like abortion, isn't this going down the same sort of argument?

havok579257

I have to wonder how you come by the right to deny this. Thou shalt imprison sinners? Is that a thing? You do realize polygamy is a crime that is enforced by men with guns, right?

well you should ask our church.  cause unless I missed something our church is against gay marriage and against making it legal.  which means they think gay marriage should be illegal. so I will continue to stand by the church and its stance on the issue and you can stand where ever you want.  hopefully its behind the church like me. 

havok579257

Havok, if I wanted to get pcp, I easily could. You make it seem as if availability is relevant. If the government legalized poison, would you take it?

honesty this is a stupid argument.  you can get an abortion easily also even if it were illegal.  should we just keep that legal since people are going to do it one way or the other.  maybe we should listen to the abortionist who say its safer and better controlled if we keep it legal.

havok579257

Yeah. In place of respect for certs, I respect performance. Kind of funny, that.

The thing I rail against will continue whether I work for it, or not.

kind of funny that the thing you rail against you have no problem doing their dirty work(as you would say) and receiving money for.  cause I know in our profession their are instances you have to do stuff you on here rail about that should not allowed.  if you had such strong convictions you wouldn't work for the thing you rail against to no end.  makes me wonder how strong your convictions really are.

Winchester

well you should ask our church.  cause unless I missed something our church is against gay marriage and against making it legal.  which means they think gay marriage should be illegal. so I will continue to stand by the church and its stance on the issue and you can stand where ever you want.  hopefully its behind the church like me. 

Having a marriage permission slip issuing entity is a novelty, and I don't remotely support it. Civil marriage isn't a sacrament, and our cowardly bishops currently will not permit priests to witness a marriage without a permission slip from the State. You might support such subordination to the most murderous entity in human history, but I do not.

No one has the authority to deny someone from undertaking such a contract. I am free to not recognize it. I am not free to use codified thuggery to enforce that denial of recognition.

http://www.tomwoods.com/blog/government-plays-social-conservatives-like-a-fiddle/

Edited by Winchester

Winchester

kind of funny that the thing you rail against you have no problem doing their dirty work(as you would say) and receiving money for.  cause I know in our profession their are instances you have to do stuff you on here rail about that should not allowed.  if you had such strong convictions you wouldn't work for the thing you rail against to no end.  makes me wonder how strong your convictions really are.

Then believe I don't have strong convictions.

You've shown very little understanding of my position. Not long ago, you were under the delusion that I believed people deciding to not sell stuff to me was a violation of my rights. I doubt you have any more understanding of the job than you do of my moral positions.

havok579257

What's the percentage?

Those who actually become violent can be dealt with. I'm not going to attack someone because they're doing something that may make them violent. Yes, human life trumps being able to do whatever you want. That's my position. Your position is that the right to prior restraint exists.

Are you saying that other drugs should be legalized?

I would say nearly everyone at "some point" when their on pcp will become violent.  maybe not initially with fire or police but in the ambulance to the hospital or the hours in the hospital er they will.  its why a lot of people will as a preventative measure restrain people in ambulances who are on pcp.  cause there is a big chance they will become violent.  now I am sure you are absolutely against this.  although I guess I just don't see it the same way for a 110lb female medic by her self in the back of a moving ambulance with a 300lb pcp person.  I am fine if they want to restrain this person even though at the time they have not been violent.  you probably think this is absurd.  although what chance does a 100lb female have against a 300lb pcp person who can't feel pain(even bullet)?

my position is the same as the catechism.  that if its a mind altering drug that is not used strictly for medical reasons it is wrong.  it should be illegal.  pcp users have physically hurt and killed many people just in America.  to me if something is deemed dangerous and has "no" positive effects from it, it should be illegal.  I am against any person or country having nuclear bombs because there is nothing positive that can come from it.  so unless you have legit studies that show pcp has any positive value to it, then your never going to convince me it should be made legal.  to many people get hurt on a daily basis from pcp users.    

havok579257

Having a marriage permission slip issuing entity is a novelty, and I don't remotely support it. Civil marriage isn't a sacrament, and our cowardly bishops currently will not permit priests to witness a marriage without a permission slip from the State. You might support such subordination to the most murderous entity in human history, but I do not.

No one has the authority to deny someone from undertaking such a contract. I am free to not recognize it. I am not free to use codified thuggery to enforce that denial of recognition.

http://www.tomwoods.com/blog/government-plays-social-conservatives-like-a-fiddle/

well I don't think our church and our pope consider it thuggery since they support countries keeping it illegal.  unless I missed something and please tell me if I have but I don't think our church has ever came out in support of your position on gay marriage.  the pope has never supported it.  if I remember correctly didn't pope Francis rail against his country making it legal. 

so I have no problem standing beside the stance of our church.  they think it should be "illegal".  I think my stance, which is their stance is a pretty good one.