An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bg's Random Ramblings And Thoughts 3

BG45

Sorry!  It's all clear!  Thanks be to God! :)  Thank you all so much for the prayers!!  

We did Relay for Life tonight, kinda sunburned, but for a good cause.

VERY glad it went well.   It might help you (and your mom) to know that everyone in the colon support group said that the hardest time was AFTER all the treatment was over... and all you had to look forward to was the pass/fail test of the colonoscopies.

Glad she is clear, and glad you can stop worrying. :)

Awk?   I hadn't noticed.  YOU ARE ANCIENT.... but still a ways behind me....  but you move faster, so you may catch up yet....

Awk?   I hadn't noticed.  YOU ARE ANCIENT.... but still a ways behind me....  but you move faster, so you may catch up yet....

What the heck, did you just say awk??? Pleeeeease stop hanging out with Tony so much!!!! :hehe: ;)  :saint2:

Well... don't leave me alone!   Actually I was thinking of it in terms of a startled bird:    Awk?

Thanks everyone, it was a good birthday! :)  Sorry I didn't get on here yesterday to say thanks...

Spent today with my old roomie hammering out part of a publication we're trying to do.  We got a lot done, but after six hours, threw in the towel for the day :P

Got messaged on FB by someone I've chatted with on AMS for 8 months saying she's decided I'm not the one, but telling me how awesome I am as a friend.  They've yet to restore e-mails there, so if they don't, I'm back to square one.

I almost forgot, today is the 69th anniversary of the D-Day landings.  My grandfather never spoke to me about them while he was alive, but my grandmother (when she was alive) and my mother and aunt have all mentioned he had nightmares where he'd wake up screaming from the memories at least once a week for the rest of his life from it.

One thing I didn't know about until a few years ago was Eisenhower's other speech, the one he never gave and was so stressed when he wrote it, he put July instead of June.  However, courtesy of the Art of Manliness, a photo of it:

dday.jpg

Thank goodness he never had to give that speech, and that the Allied troops were successful in the invasion. Soldiers would hit the beaches not from a handful of countries, but from the great multitude of those opposing Hitler and support would be found within France and across Europe from various resistance groups from across the continent. Even today, when we know so much about what went on before, during, and after D-Day, there is so much which we will probably never know, of the great heroism of those who fought on for their countries under the rule of Hitler.

Winged Knight;5165746 said: