An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bg's Random Ramblings And Thoughts 3

BG45

TheresaThoma

So now the hunt is on for a job and potentially a cheap car. So that I can pay off my loans (the best I can hope for is a partial education award but may get nothing). But the Lord knows what He is doing,

Much apologies again for disappearing...another busy week and week to come.  Did 30/43 diss. comments so far this week, was sick for half of it but still teaching, been running around like a chicken with head cut off.  Oh and my "90 minute" sexual stuff training for work took 3.5 hours of common sense.  "True or False, consent is an ongoing process that can be withdrawn at any point prior to the completion of a sexual activity".  I scored a 95% on the post-test, needed 80 to pass, and think I flubbed on some of the actual percentages questions heh.  What worries me is "you did better than (vast number) of your peers at your location" at the end.

---

Truthfinder, thanks!!  By the time I realized I wasn't one, I was almost already back to being one lol.

AL,  thanks too!  Enjoying the new place overall...just so busy.  Hoping after this next week to settle down some.  Selah and I are going on a trip (different cabins :P ) this Sunday/Monday, been dissertating, etc.

Amppax, glad your week is going less busy man.  I'm sure they still have you running around all over there though, knowing Steubie! :)

Selah <3  I got Japanese cards for you too!!   And something else you'll like...

TheresaThoma...I'm VERY LATE to seeing your posts, but I'm so sorry...it's the day before your move, but you definitely have my prayers!  And hopes for the job and potentially cheap car, wherever it is you end up.  

--

Okay, going home...maybe FB until 10pm.  Then wake up at 6am, back here to the office to dissertate, then much needed Confession....and Mass.  Then hopefully home to sleep at my parents' so I can trade mom cars, go pick up Selah bright and early Sunday morning (7, so I'll leave at like 5:15), then head up to the camp we're visiting, spend through Monday afternoon there, she gets to meet my parents, aunt, and uncle on the way back to her place when we stop at the family picnic, then I head back up to my apartment, hit the pillow, wake up at 6am on Tuesday, go in for office hours, teach theory, and try to make sense of insurance/retirement/etc.

Job search is going ok. I got a video interview with one airline for a flight attendant position. Now I just have to wait to see if they will contact me. I also have an appointment/interview tomorrow with a staffing agency so we will see how that goes.

There are lots of job postings out there it is just hard to find ones that I qualify for/want to do. The hard part is that I know all it takes is my resume getting to one right person to get a job. 

Ok I guess everyone ran away. 

I'm trying to be patient with my job search but with VERY limited savings it is hard. 

HOWEVER there is good news on the car front. My mom has agreed to buy me a car (yay!) So now I am entering into the vast maze of car buying, insurance registration etc

Another busy week here...and sorry it's hard on the job front. :(  Glad you're getting a car though!!  (And eww on that insurance fun.)  How did the two interviews go?

I have a car now (and insurance!). I did the video interview but no word back on that one. The staffing agency went ok. I'm actually working with a second staffing agency now. They have three open positions. Two will be interviewing this coming week so fingers crossed, I only did the interview with the staffing agency on Friday though. I did all the paperwork and testing so everything will be there on Monday morning.

Aaaand this whole job search thing is really trying my patience. I'm more of a get things done type of person, ie I feel better if I am actually doing something. I feel rather useless just sitting around waiting for people to get back to me. I did get an offer of a couple days of work but since I had an interview I had to turn it down.

I've done one first round interview for two positions (they are in the same department so they did the screening interview at the same time), I sent my follow up letter and now I am just waiting. Which means I am obsessively checking my email and phone....

To make things more difficult my body has decided that 7:30 is a lovely time to wake up which means that every morning I go through an hour and a half of stressing before there is even the remotest chance of hearing anything.

In the meantime I do all the dishes and try to keep my space neat in the apartment. I figure cooking and cleaning are little ways I can help out because I can't help pay the rent.

Prayers TT :(  I know that feeling quite well, heh.  On the job front.  And you sound like a great friend when it comes to apartment sharing wise; I've had people stay with me before who didn't help at all, let alone obsess over how they can help since they can't afford to help pay the rent.    

Will pray for you at Mass!

--

Super busy here.  About to submit my first draft of the final chapter of the diss!  Got 4 classes running semi-smoothly.  On 3 committees and I think a thesis soon; this one prof I had back in the day who made me capable of public speaking stopped by to laugh the other day at the sight of me helping a grad student on how to draft his first abstract for a conference.

Hi, everyone,

Just a quick check-in.   My MIL "C" has had a rough few days... and it is almost certain now she will be dying within the week... most likely earlier.  I am staying at her Sister's house, where "C" has been being cared for for the last 2 years.   Those who have journeyed on this thread may remember some of the tales from a few years ago.  For someone diagnosed with terminal cancer, she has had a LONG journey!   But it is finally about to take her home to God.

The wondrous and miraculous thing is that we FINALLY got her anoined by a priest on Sunday evening.  Will write more of this when I have a bit more time.   But thank you to EVERYONE for your prayers for her and our family over the last 2 years.   They have borne -- and continue to bear -- great fruit.  She is reconciled with God and ready for the journey, and the family is finally accepting what is happening.... even Mr. AL.   It is a gift of the Lord and we are grateful.  Thank you so much to all of you who have prayed so hard.....

Will connect as I can -- my internet is pretty limited right now.   But God is good.

It is a privilege to be able to vigil for her... between Mr Al, me, his sister and aunt, we pretty much have someone with her 24/7.   May we all be so lucky.  And I am praying for her and I know you are as well.... it means a lot.

Thanks.

AL.

I'll be praying for you AL! 

I'm currently in a "holding pattern" for a second interview. The company has assured the recruiter that I am definitely getting a second round. It is just a matter of when they have time to do the second round interviews....

AAAGGGHH, TT that has to be FRUSTRATING.  Prayers...

And things go much the same here.  We made pre-need funeral arrangements today... and I am waiting & praying by C's bedside.... one benefit we have all been having is the family is starting to not fight each other all the time.

So.... yup, God knows the best stuff for timing.....

May check back in later....

Blessings

AL

And we are still where we were 24 hours or so ago.   Still praying and inter-netting and reading by her bed... spelling other family members.   It is a privilege to do this vigil.... but tomorrow is the day Mr.AL and my sister-in-law have to go back to work.... which leaves me as the sole vigiler pretty soon.  Needless to say, won't be able to do 24 hours/day... but will do what I can for her....

Prayers gratefully accepted.  We KNOW she has to go in the next week or so... she simply can't last too much longer.   She isn't eating or drinking at this point (although both are available if she wants them... but she is past that....)