An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bg's Random Ramblings And Thoughts 3

BG45

TheresaThoma

Wow! You have been super busy. Remember to take some time for yourself very very soon. Prayers for your friend and your doctor appointment

Hi all.  Thanks, missed you all too! :)  Best friend's still pretty in the dumps, though honestly, he's still taking things far better than I am.  Had the doc appointment today, and had a "Thank you Lord Jesus, now please look the other way, I want to kill this doctor" moment.  It turns out I have a bit of fat on my liver, that's all...it's probably from being overweight, seeing as how I drink maybe five times a year at most.  My enzymes, whatever they're called, are in the low 40s, the normal is in the 30s, the "dangerous" level is 120-150.

BG, I wish I had made book on that was what this was going to be.  I did voice that belief to a friend with whom I prayed... and I am glad I was right!

Some of these doctors....  :rolleyes:

CC, sadly I think I'm both lol.

AL, thanks!  And yeah, a few others apparently voiced their opinions to people as well, that it would be this way.  Mom's old college roommate, for instance, told her it was probably just a money grubbing move (and she's a physician's assistant).

• 2 weeks later...

Big Heads, Big Hearts?  We could be like Big Brothers, Big Sisters? 

Anyhow, sorry to not be around everyone.  It's been a long "Development Week".  Monday began with the grim budget address that lasted 3 hours, introduced all the new faculty, and then an absolutely non-riveting 3 hours of "none of our insurance plans are actually that good, so choose which one doesn't hurt the most" complete with over 100 PowerPoint Slides. :P  Tuesday was a series of meetings:  College of Liberal Arts, Department of Social Sciences, Criminal Justice Program, Graduate Faculty, Graduate Council.  Wednesday was another series of meetings on outcome assessments which lasted from 8am to 4pm.  Thursday, in theory, was our "work on your stuff" day, but got roped into advising workshops all day.  Friday was convocation (where they managed to do TWO prayers without ever mentioning God, "Creator Spirit" and "Almighty that is Good and All Around Us" made it in though), followed by a meet and greet with our new students for the various programs (also probably the only time many of those kids have ever heard the words "if you come to English you don't have to listen to the Navy and Criminologists joke about horrible things"), followed by a Welcome Weekend Picnic which wasn't mandatory, but it was in your best interest to show up with the Deans, Provost, and President there. :P  After that I had to schedule a guy for a full academic plan for financial aid purposes, he's coming in on Monday because I just wasn't ready/capable of doing one at 6pm on Friday night, and then had Mass. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed a lot of those meetings and love my colleagues, but good gravy...lol.

So how's every else's week been going?

Tis intense, BG.   Glad you are settling in in your new digs, however.  Are you enjoying your new place???

Big Hearts, Big Heads, Big Souls!   :)  WE LOVE YOU BOTH!!!!! 

If you get new shoes, perhaps even Big Feet!!!!!  Glad you are doing the Walk Across America, too!!!!

Big Heads, Big Hearts?  We could be like Big Brothers, Big Sisters? 

Anyhow, sorry to not be around everyone.  It's been a long "Development Week".  Monday began with the grim budget address that lasted 3 hours, introduced all the new faculty, and then an absolutely non-riveting 3 hours of "none of our insurance plans are actually that good, so choose which one doesn't hurt the most" complete with over 100 PowerPoint Slides. :P  Tuesday was a series of meetings:  College of Liberal Arts, Department of Social Sciences, Criminal Justice Program, Graduate Faculty, Graduate Council.  Wednesday was another series of meetings on outcome assessments which lasted from 8am to 4pm.  Thursday, in theory, was our "work on your stuff" day, but got roped into advising workshops all day.  Friday was convocation (where they managed to do TWO prayers without ever mentioning God, "Creator Spirit" and "Almighty that is Good and All Around Us" made it in though), followed by a meet and greet with our new students for the various programs (also probably the only time many of those kids have ever heard the words "if you come to English you don't have to listen to the Navy and Criminologists joke about horrible things"), followed by a Welcome Weekend Picnic which wasn't mandatory, but it was in your best interest to show up with the Deans, Provost, and President there. :P  After that I had to schedule a guy for a full academic plan for financial aid purposes, he's coming in on Monday because I just wasn't ready/capable of doing one at 6pm on Friday night, and then had Mass. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed a lot of those meetings and love my colleagues, but good gravy...lol.

So how's every else's week been going?

Less busy than that! Dang, what a week. 

He'll be fine when he gets some of my copies of these japanese first edition pokemon cards for like 20 bucks at a thrift store. :3

TheresaThoma

Well my week just got a curveball in it. I'm moving to a completely different state on Sat and then figuring out what to do from there.

TheresaThoma

The decision was made that it would be best for me to leave where I am working at (i was burning out). Fortunately I have a super awesome friend who said yes when I called in the middle of the day to ask if I could move in with her for at least a month or two by the end of the week.
So I have a train ticket and I'm leaving on Sat. I'm sad and a little scared but I know the Lord has wonderful things planned for me. (I've had things change suddenly on me before and every time it has been because God had something better planned.) Also this new location is only 4 hours from the Sisters...