An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bg's Random Ramblings And Thoughts 3

BG45

Thanks you two.  And yeah, they made their own bed on that one and sometimes 'tough love' is needed.  One of them contacted me later, the one who has never even attended class, and wanted to make up the entire semester in 4 days.  I told him I knew it wasn't what he wanted to hear, but that wasn't realistic.

TheresaThoma

Ouch. That is hard but these are Freshman right? If so it is better they learn this now rather than on, say, their senior thesis!

Erm...actually that one was a Junior. o.o

And sorry all, I've not been on.  It's been a busy time since Commencement 8 days ago!  Doc visits, Commencement (still nothing back on Diss. Revisions from my chair!!!), a date with Selah, apartment hunting, doing HR stuff with my new university, etc.  (The HR stuff is...fun.  Nobody told Payroll that HR had sent me my information to fill out, nor that the Provost had extended the job offer.)

Thanks AL!  Got canceled due to doc having an emergency. :(  Reschedule sometime in June.  Prison was fun today at least!

I know you do prison ministry, but that sure sounded funny, BG.  Don't make it a habit of enjoying prison....  :p

Oh I don't intend to! :P

It's just that at one point, my arm was at my side and suddenly I felt a lick on my fingers.  Carefully I glanced to the side, where I saw...it was the service dog being trained by one of the inmates.

TheresaThoma

Aww that is cute about the dog (but kinda naughty of him!).

Prayers about the heart thing, those types of things can be really scary. On the plus side they didn't freak out and tell you that you needed heart surgery right then and there so that is something to be grateful for.

Yuck on the pay roll stuff, I hope that gets straightened around quickly!

Yeah, BG, I'd still stay on it to be sure, but maybe it is just a pulled muscle or something?  If the doc had been super-worried, I don't think they would have shoved you off a few weeks (at least I would HOPE they wouldn't!)

Remember about 18 mos ago when my Mother-in-Law, "C" was so sick and we were all pretty sure she wasn't going to make it till Christmas?  

You maybe remember I wrote almost every day in your Random thread about going to visit her, that some of your prayers helped me get through a tough summer and fall... and then how journeying to be with her on Christmas eve made me feel in solidarity with the Holy Family in Bethlehem, uprooted and scared and unsure where to go in a strange, new situation?

Well.... "C" is still with us, and last Friday she celebrated her 80th Birthday!    The family is still dealing with family stuff, but she and I have gotten to be better friends, and she actually volunteered that 'I have the best family anyone could hope for!' which was a wonderful ending to her birthday celebration.

Thank you everyone for your prayers for her... please do pray, because at least in theory she sill has a Stage 4 cancer diagnosis and should have been dead a year ago.....  so yes, prayers still needed!

TheresaThoma

Wow AL that is amazing. Further proof that despite what doctors say God will call us home on His timing!

Oh I don't intend to! :P

It's just that at one point, my arm was at my side and suddenly I felt a lick on my fingers.  Carefully I glanced to the side, where I saw...it was the service dog being trained by one of the inmates.

Better a dog than an inmate. :| :| :|

Yeah, BG, I'd still stay on it to be sure, but maybe it is just a pulled muscle or something?  If the doc had been super-worried, I don't think they would have shoved you off a few weeks (at least I would HOPE they wouldn't!)

Remember about 18 mos ago when my Mother-in-Law, "C" was so sick and we were all pretty sure she wasn't going to make it till Christmas?  

You maybe remember I wrote almost every day in your Random thread about going to visit her, that some of your prayers helped me get through a tough summer and fall... and then how journeying to be with her on Christmas eve made me feel in solidarity with the Holy Family in Bethlehem, uprooted and scared and unsure where to go in a strange, new situation?

Well.... "C" is still with us, and last Friday she celebrated her 80th Birthday!    The family is still dealing with family stuff, but she and I have gotten to be better friends, and she actually volunteered that 'I have the best family anyone could hope for!' which was a wonderful ending to her birthday celebration.

Thank you everyone for your prayers for her... please do pray, because at least in theory she sill has a Stage 4 cancer diagnosis and should have been dead a year ago.....  so yes, prayers still needed!

Wow AL that is amazing. Further proof that despite what doctors say God will call us home on His timing!

Yup.    She's a difficult-to-love but good woman... and I guess God wants her to spend a bit more time getting ready... or maybe our family needs that... .Prayers always gratefully accepted.

BG I tried to link to your previous thread and got a dead link.  You have any idea how to / whether you can find it?  Was it nuked in the great nuke-out a year or so ago?????????

TheresaThoma

(sorry BG for hijacking your thread)

However I was thinking of you today. I recently started running again and I was thinking of all the walking and stuff you do.