An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bg's Random Ramblings And Thoughts 3

BG45

LOL.  So much for "unlimited".  Your prayers apparently come closer to unlimited than those unlimited lines!  I'm kind of amazed really; don't they think people talk on the phone still?  Mom probably talks almost as much as you, but her contract stipulates free mobile to mobile calling and then 1000 minutes to landlines per month.  But the reactions are priceless there, and it's great that the phone company person actually gave you some stuff to pray for!  It had to be interesting to be on their end of things...hopefully raised up their whole day!

Weird thing was... when I started researching it on the internet, I was not alone... check this out:

This may or may NOT be the same provider -- because I have been hearing of it with a BUNCH of them.   But it is an interesting article...

http://www.outofsightministries.com/unlimitedlongdistance.html

AND  I hope it continues to work well for them... because that is what they said to me the FIRST month...it was only after the phone provider had threatened to pull the phone (and thus the package that included the internet and tv!!!) that I resolved it by putting in a second phone.  One of which is almost NEVER USED.  Sheesh.

BTW... when you call, they will INSIST the offer is 'unlimited minutes!', and the poor souls who are on the phones don't know the details... until you have them check with a supervisor.  And some of them got pretty upset when they found out the truth, I might add!!!!  AND, I might add, is how I got my interesting list of prayer requests... because I kept bumping my prayer request offer up the feeding chain.  (will admit to having fun with this.... :) )

:pray: :harhar:   :nono:  :shutup:  :pray:

But... eventually almost any provider you check on will admit -- with Perry Mason cross-examining them -- that 'Unlimited' really means 2000 or 3000 mins a month.  

Now I can live with that... but don't call it unlimited!  Tell me that after a certain amount of time, I need to buy a chunk of additional minutes or a second line.

But the scary thing is that they really DO keep saying it!!!!   Check out these two -- same kinds of policies - we offer unlimited, but it really ISN'T unlimited...

https://www.ringvoz.com/en/plans/virtual-number/76-english/terms-and-conditions/721-terms-and-conditions-page-469.html

http://voip.about.com/od/servicesandsolutions/g/FairUsagePolicyGlossary.htm

:rap: Grrrrrrr...

Edited by AnneLine

TheresaThoma

AL that is priceless!
And LOTH via skype is awesome though I personally prefer Google Hangouts

:)

I know, I know but we just used what we had available to get away from the BIG HORRIBLE PROVIDER MONSTER!  

We might move to a google hangout at some point.  In the meantime, it works....

Ah yes ... unlimited not being unlimited.  Don't cell phone companies do that with their "unlimited" mobile data?  When you get to a certain limit they "throttle" you.

Ah yes ... unlimited not being unlimited.  Don't cell phone companies do that with their "unlimited" mobile data?  When you get to a certain limit they "throttle" you.

They do, but in fairness to them, it only happens when someone is using excessive amounts of data, at least that's my impression. Like only when you're using 5x the typical amount. Granted that's not unlimited, but it seems crazy the amount of data some people use. 

They do, but in fairness to them, it only happens when someone is using excessive amounts of data, at least that's my impression. Like only when you're using 5x the typical amount. Granted that's not unlimited, but it seems crazy the amount of data some people use. 

Working in tech and social media, I can tell you right now that the average American shouldn't even have internet for all they make use of it. Seriously, it doesn't matter if 5gb is more than what the average American uses, when the average American only uses the internet to check email, go on Facebook, and watch the occasional cat video.

Some of us actually use the network for, you know, things you'd actually need a network for, as opposed to a television. :P

brandelynmarie

Last year when I was recovering from my surgery, I was stuck in bed for a week with only my cell phone & pain meds to keep me company. :) Needless to say, I watched alot of cat videos :kitten: & played alot of games on my phone. A month later I get my bill & it was huge! So I toddle down to my local big cell phone company store to check it out. I ended up talking to the manager who in turn showed me a bar chart of my past six months of usage. July was triple the other months! He turns to look at me, totally stunned & says, "What on earth were you doing in July?? You are my hero!" :blush: The fact that I impressed a techie guy made my day :hehe2:

TheresaThoma

I use it for work too. In fact my phone has become almost my "mobile office". I found I can get a lot done (mostly emails sent and answered) in waiting rooms.

You know ... maybe I need to invest in a dumb phone and a network enabled tablet?  That way I can be quite intentional on what I do when (vs. being constantly tempted by the non-dumb phone)