An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bg's Random Ramblings And Thoughts 3

BG45

Working in tech and social media, I can tell you right now that the average American shouldn't even have internet for all they make use of it. Seriously, it doesn't matter if 5gb is more than what the average American uses, when the average American only uses the internet to check email, go on Facebook, and watch the occasional cat video.

Some of us actually use the network for, you know, things you'd actually need a network for, as opposed to a television. :P

Oh waaaahhhh. :P

He should not have said unkind things about the Internet connection guy... he is black listed now......   :(

sorry-no-internet-today-1-1024x679.jpg

:alone:

Forever looking for excuses to use that emoticon. LOL

Edited by MissyP89

Dude is gonna be soooooo ticked off when he finally gets back here from having the wait so long for internet...

Dude is gonna be soooooo ticked off when he finally gets back here from having the wait so long for internet...

Wait he doesn't have internet? Whoops. 

Nah not ticked off at all, glad to see pholks were having fun!  Sorry it's been a busy past few weeks.  Short story version:

1) Moved.

2) Went back up there to clean apartment.

3) Unpacked everything over the course of 4 days in new place.

4) Had to fight new complex's office already, because water was leaking from my upstairs neighbor's bathroom down into mine via the light fixtures (good way to set fire to the building).

5) Struggled with cable company to get everything hooked up.

6) Finished moving into my office.

7) Best friend's wife left him...been doing a mega amount of driving in to another town to comfort him.

8) #7 happened after she tried to commit suicide, she met his 'replacement' in the psych ward.

9) Prepping classes.

10) Dissertating.

11) Doc ordered I do an abdominal ultrasound last Thursday due to heightened liver enzymes.  Today they called me back to say I need to go in tomorrow to discuss the results...would be lying if I said I wasn't worried.

12) Got pulled over for the first time in my life by the cops.  I had new plates courtesy of the DMV, the cop said he saw the green of my old sticker on my plate holder, but a black sticker on the plate and followed me and then pulled me over after running my plates and they weren't in the system.  Cleared up that I didn't steal the car after giving him the temp registration from the DMV and my receipt for the new plate.

So how's everyone doing?

Nah not ticked off at all, glad to see pholks were having fun!  Sorry it's been a busy past few weeks.  Short story version:

1) Moved.

2) Went back up there to clean apartment.

3) Unpacked everything over the course of 4 days in new place.

4) Had to fight new complex's office already, because water was leaking from my upstairs neighbor's bathroom down into mine via the light fixtures (good way to set fire to the building).

5) Struggled with cable company to get everything hooked up.

6) Finished moving into my office.

7) Best friend's wife left him...been doing a mega amount of driving in to another town to comfort him.

8) #7 happened after she tried to commit suicide, she met his 'replacement' in the psych ward.

9) Prepping classes.

10) Dissertating.

11) Doc ordered I do an abdominal ultrasound last Thursday due to heightened liver enzymes.  Today they called me back to say I need to go in tomorrow to discuss the results...would be lying if I said I wasn't worried.

12) Got pulled over for the first time in my life by the cops.  I had new plates courtesy of the DMV, the cop said he saw the green of my old sticker on my plate holder, but a black sticker on the plate and followed me and then pulled me over after running my plates and they weren't in the system.  Cleared up that I didn't steal the car after giving him the temp registration from the DMV and my receipt for the new plate.

So how's everyone doing?

7 & 8) Wow that is rough!!! :( Prayers for your friend!

Prayers for you too for meeting with your doctor. Not sure why they would want you to come in...in my experience, regardless of the results, the doctor or their assistant always told me the results over the phone. Ive had good and bad news over the phone so maybe your office just does things differently.

Until I got to 7 & 8 & read 11, I was gonna tease you about, so it's not like you have been busy or anything.   But I will behave myself.  :swat:

Prayers for your friend and his wife... that is so hard.

And for you with the doctor.   

I'd pull you over.. I am sure you MUST be dangerous.  ;)

Praying for you!!!!  Good to see you back!

Oh wow, sounds like you've had a busy couple of weeks! I'll keep your friend in my prayers, and you too, especially that doctors visit.