An Old School Catholic Message Board

Inappropriate Posts On Phatmass

dUSt

I wish I had seen the deleted thread. It sounds like it was interesting.

not half as interesting as people are making it out to be.

Thank you for being a good example LilRed.

i just thought it was funny, considering your past behavior on these phorums as well. 

okay, uggggghhhhhh. i got sucked back into this thread after i said i was done. uggggghhhhhhh. okay. for realsies. i'm done in this thread. for real. i swear. i promise. 

Winchester

okay, uggggghhhhhh. i got sucked back into this thread after i said i was done. uggggghhhhhhh. okay. for realsies. i'm done in this thread. for real. i swear. i promise. 

We feel you should stay in here, though.

yeah everyone better agree with me, I took time out of my busy procrastinate-for-exams schedule to write that little ode to the back alley :P

I think we should make a whitehouse.gov petition to bring the back alley back.

not half as interesting as people are making it out to be.

Well that's true of every thread at Phatmass.

i just thought it was funny, considering your past behavior on these phorums as well. 

I find it interesting that you hold so tightly grudges that you cant see the truth in what I am trying to say.

yeah everyone better agree with me, I took time out of my busy procrastinate-for-exams schedule to write that little ode to the back alley :P

I think we should make a whitehouse.gov petition to bring the back alley back.

There really aren't that many high quality debates at Phatmass anymore. All we tend to get now are debates about whether spitting food out is as bad as masturbation.

There really aren't that many high quality debates at Phatmass anymore. All we tend to get now are debates about whether spitting food out is as bad as masturbation.

Perhaps "cleaning house" to eliminate problematic members—as dUSt sort of kind of implied—would make a "fresh start"? Together with a revived Back Alley and some clearly stated and posted-all-over rules?

You know things are bad when you actually miss Budge's debate threads.

She came back?

Perhaps "cleaning house" to eliminate problematic members—as dUSt sort of kind of implied—would make a "fresh start"? Together with a revived Back Alley and some clearly stated and posted-all-over rules?

what's not being applied is common sense. "inside jokes" no matter the content are rude to talk about on a public phorum. Isn't this what wound up happening last time there was a "chat" incident, it was all about a certain clique getting started and spoiling things for everyone else?

Phatmass has far more lurkers than members, and of course they're not going to know what the carp you're talking about when you post something from "inside." They're going to interpret everything at face value.

Duh.

So I think a lot of this can be avoided in the future by keeping in mind that this is a public form devoted to religious purposes, not a bar. If you want to have adults-only conversation you should have that conversation somewhere where there are only like-minded adults.

Again. Duh.

ToJesusMyHeart

what's not being applied is common sense. "inside jokes" no matter the content are rude to talk about on a public phorum. Isn't this what wound up happening last time there was a "chat" incident, it was all about a certain clique getting started and spoiling things for everyone else?

Phatmass has far more lurkers than members, and of course they're not going to know what the carp you're talking about when you post something from "inside." They're going to interpret everything at face value.

Duh.

So I think a lot of this can be avoided in the future by keeping in mind that this is a public form devoted to religious purposes, not a bar. If you want to have adults-only conversation you should have that conversation somewhere where there are only like-minded adults.

Again. Duh.

Out of props, but props.