An Old School Catholic Message Board

Summer Reading Competition

Byzantine

Oh, and when I got home, the first thing I read was the Anne of Green gables books.... I'm not sure how many pages, as it was off of a kindle collection. Should we just say a thousand?

How many is that?

Okay, here are my rough book counts. I'll compare my list with AnneLine's later and hopefully I'll have just counted wrong. Just looking back a little, I can see that there are some places where I definitely messed up.

I've read/finished Wisdom, We Still Hold These Truths, and Luke. By my count I'm at 28, but it looks like AnneLine's count is probably more accurate.

Cartermia, 167

DTA, 75

Chrysophylax, 62

Catholicterp, 55

Byz, 28

AnneLine, 14

Arfink, 13

Christina T, 13

Ardil, 11

BG45, 11

Emily, 9

Doc Bomb, 8

LT, 8

Theresa, 8

Ampax, 7

LWS, 7

Ploomf, 6

FP, 5

Spem, 5

Trisha, 5

Crusader, 3

Btw DTA, that was really cool!

Sheesh!   DTA, we will have to call you our DARK HORSE ninja from now on!!!! :ninja:

The rest of you can still pull some fast ones on the number of book counts.  There are lots of short books, there are lots of books of the Bible that are WAITING to be read.  Feeling LONELY in fact, looking for someone to read them.  You can do an act of CHARITY toward them.... and if you say a prayer for their authors, you may even make a friend.... and a powerful friend if the author is in purgatory.  So get busy.  We have almost a week!!!!!

Byz, the monkeys and I will make sure my excel chart is adding properly... .but if you find discrepancies let me know and we can knock heads together.

I had planned to read this afternoon, but made the mistake of taking my book to bed with me... and I just woke up!  :paperbag: not :bible: is my name right now.

BUT... that means the Llibrary Llama can read ALL NIGHT... so be scared... be very scared.....

Deus te Amat

I just got back from the library. :evil:

Byz -- I read the Anne series before the thread started, so we're not counting them. Thanks!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nSKkwzwdW4[/media]

Hey I don't think we have to worry about THIS this summer!!!!!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QxWNMAHzRA[/media]

TheresaThoma

Woot woot I think we are over the 100,000 pages (before EA and DtA added theirs in we were at just over 90,000 so we have definitely broken that mark let see how high it can go!)

I've read an absurd number of books since leaving the convent -- so many that I probably wont remember all the titles, but at least this thread will put all my times wasting to good use. :)  Don't judge my book choices. 

The Name of the Wind (Patrick Rothfuss) -- 722

The Wise Man's Fear (ibid) -- 1107

The Innocent Mage (Karen Miller) -- 640

Empress (ibid) -- 717 (don't read -- weird)

Path of Fate (Diana Pharaoh Francis) -- 369

The Sentinel Mage (Emily Gee) -- 509

Til WE Have Faces (C. S. Lewis) -- 313

The Magician's Guild (Trudi Canavan) -- 365

The Last Stormlord (Glenda Larke) -- 692

Shaman's Crossing (Robin Hobb) -- 607

The Assassin's Apprentice (ibid) -- 464

The Assassin's Quest (ibid) -- 757

The Royal Assassin (ibid) -- 675

A Wizard of Earthsea (Ursula K. Le Guin) -- 182

The Tombs of Atuan (ibid) -- 180

The Host (Stephenie Meyer) -- 619 (much better than Twilight)

A College of Magics (Caroline Stevermer) -- 468

A Crack in the Line (Michael Lawrence) -- 323

Tamar (Mal Peet) -- 420

The Testing (Joelle Charbonneau) -- 352

Divergent (Veronica Roth) -- 487

Insurgent (ibid) -- 544

The Selection (Kiera Cass) -- 352

The Elite (ibid) -- 336

Matched (Ally Condie) -- 384

Crossed  (ibid) -- 400

Reached (ibid) -- 512

Graceling (Kristin Cashore) -- 471

Black Prism (Brent Weeks) -- 679

The Night Angel Trilogy (ibid) -- 2003

Unfettered (Various Authors) -- 518

Father Elijiah (Michael O'Brien) -- 612

I read quite a few free ebooks from amazon when I first got home, but I was devouring pretty much anything and I don't really remember what I read specifically. I'll try to keep this better updated.  Thanks! :)

The above total is 17,779.

Can I just put the total page total of the random books from amazon? or do the titles need to be listed as well?

DTA... I get 17,167 for the count of the list of books in that list... will you re-add your numbers?  Or did I miss a second list? You can wait for my full list, but you may want to see whether you see a math error.  Generally the excel chart is pretty good, but I can transpose a number with the best of 'em.....

And yes, I realize there are more documented below... pant pant pant... The Llama and the trained monkeys may ask for a raise....

Edited by AnneLine

GOOD GRIEF!!!! I am not finished counting, and we are already at 120,893 pages!!!   I think we'll have another 8,000 to 10,000 from DTA Alone...

do we try for... 140,000 pages???

two-eyed-monster-reading-book.png

OK... we are up to 129,234 pages   and heading for 140,000!!!!

534 books documented read by my count.... and we have 26 readers.

IMPRESSIVE....

Full numbers and pages to be posted tomorrow, showing books read as of 10:00 PM Pacific Time tonight, so any additional books will be in NEXT  count!!!!

KEEP GOING... we can do this!!!!!!

Considering that I was on retreat I can actually add at least 5 books to this mix. About 1200 pgs. Will add by tomorrow.

Welcome, CMaria!   We'll look forward to getting your books for the count.  We need name, author, and page numbers if you want pages counted.

BG, for Bible, if people don't give me page counts, I can take 'em off my own Bible...but don't unless someone asks me to... sounds like that is a 'yes, please!' so I will give you my page count unless you give me your own (it might make a difference in the count, since translations vary, so let me know....)

Edited by AnneLine

Add the complete collections of Axe Cop and Dr. McNinja to my totals over the past two weeks, I think that makes about 186 pages for Axe Cop and about 2080 pages for Dr. McNinja. Phew, it feels good to be caught up on all those, but it took a bloody long time to read it all!

If you haven't read Dr. McNinja, and you like crazy action comics, you probably should read some. Check it out: http://drmcninja.com/newreaders.php

A Thousand Splendid Suns- 384 pgs
Revolutionary Mothers: Women in the Struggle for America's Independence- 200 pgs

I'll look for the others I've read.

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

i read 2 page of a rulebook gotten and print from the web.  No package in the mail yet with the big rulebooks lol.  Hold on what about all the fantasy football magazines I bought and read and memorized this summer?  What about rereading?  How close are we to 100,000?