An Old School Catholic Message Board

Finding Other Catholic Virgins?

polskieserce

Polski, how do you justify your insistence on physical virginity when your potential spouse has no way of verifying that you are a virgin?

Edited by Amppax

LittleWaySoul

Jungle fever is just a slang term for the state of mind white people are in when they fall for a black person.

No, actually "jungle fever" is an offensive term that should be left to the 1960s.

I was in HisChildForever's position, but I read it with this as a mental translation.

I don't understand how Polski could possibly be turned off by any other race than white. It is LITERALLY only the color of someone's skin. You're telling me that if you befriended an African American girl, a girl who fits all of your other ridiculous standards and is otherwise perfect for you, you'd reject her based upon her skin color?! That's screwed up, bro. For real.

I'm not marrying her if I don't know if she is a virgin or not.  It wouldn't even get to the point of marriage if I didn't have a direct, clear-cut answer.

WHAT THE HECK.  :eek: So basically you mean to inspect her before you get married?! That's sick, obsessive, and terrifying.

I'm telling you this as a white, 5'7". 19-year-old, faithfully cradle-Catholic virgin who intends to stay a virgin until marriage (should that be God's plan for me).

My mother is to thank for me being suspicious of marriage.  My parents are the reason I was born and raised catholic.  I am a hard bargainer by choice.  I don't see the need to put up with more than is necessary.  The mentally ill people who I encountered in life brought out the very worst in me, not the best.  I want to avoid having such a rough time in life, which is why I'm steering clear of people with those types of illnesses.

So you generalize ALL those with mental illnesses in such a way? Do you have any idea how common depression is? How easy it is to hide sometimes? I'm on medication for my depression, and I'd venture to guess that most people would never be able to guess about my depression without having known me before I was on it. I'll bet a lot of money that you have friends on medicine for depression without knowing about them. I have a LOT of friends and family who are depressed, and I know many others as well. Not to mention other mental illnesses.

You said "no offense" in your previous post, but you used a rabid dog as an analogy for women like myself. Forgive me if I'm a tad bit offended. There are SO MANY people out there with mental illnesses. Including myself. You have no idea whether any of us would make you a better person or not. You have no idea whether I'd make a good wife. You have no idea whether I'd make a good peer. You have no idea if I'd make a good sister, daughter, friend. I resent your immediate judgement of me and others based upon an illness that we have, an illness that, like physical illnesses, can be treated successfully with medication.

Polski, I hope to God that you're trolling us right now. I don't want to believe that people like you still exist. In any way.

I'm sorry if this sounded harsh. I'm a bit upset about this, as you can probably tell.

I'll pray for you tonight.

Edited by LittleWaySoul

LittleWaySoul

Polski, how do you justify your insistence on physical virginity when your potential spouse has no way of verifying that you are a virgin?

I want an answer to this too. Good point, Amppax.

Why, she should just take his word for it, silly!

Anastasia13

Why, she should just take his word for it, silly!

Well done. 

Oh how I wish Hasan wasn't banned. *sigh*

QFT

And how did this thread get this long? I'm a virgin, and I give up on anything besides this page that goes past page 14.

Edited by Light and Truth

You know what I bet is harder than finding either true love or a catholic virgin?

Finding any woman whatsoever who could make it through a conversation with OP and think to herself "I kinda like this guy, so far no warning signs".

HisChildForever

Lol, If you really think I'm some bitter 50 year old man, then I'll go on skype video chat and prove I am indeed in the age braquet I say I am.

I have no interest in doing this.

Lol, If you really think I'm some bitter 50 year old man, then I'll go on skype video chat and prove I am indeed in the age braquet I say I am.

After the great first impression you've made, I doubt there's a single person here who will take you up on that offer. Edited by Amppax

LittleWaySoul

You know what I bet is harder than finding either true love or a catholic virgin?

Finding any woman whatsoever who could make it through a conversation with OP and think to herself "I kinda like this guy, so far no warning signs".

qm.gifqm.gifBP1UVufCAAAT5IF.jpg

FutureCarmeliteClaire

I would avoid a woman who was raped, partially because of the virginity issue but also due to all of the psychological problems that you see in that population. It is not too uncommon to see rape victims who are extremely promiscuous, because that is one way they feel they are "in control" of the situation. I have already encountered females with psychological problems. I'm not looking to repeat the past again..

There were so many things wrong with that post, but since this was first, I will start here. Firstly, not all rape survivors are mentally ill. Secondly, I happen to be friends with several, and they are some of the most holy, beautiful examples of faith that I have ever met and ever expect to meet.

I was about to ask if you would comsider marrying someone who has been in a traumatic car accident or faced a traumatic illness because they may have emotional baggage, but then I realized that it would be pointless to ask.

St. Maria Goretti, Patroness of virgins, is not impressed.

LittleWaySoul

There were so many things wrong with that post, but since this was first, I will start here. Firstly, not all rape survivors are mentally ill. Secondly, I happen to be friends with several, and they are some of the most holy, beautiful examples of faith that I have ever met and ever expect to meet.

I was about to ask if you would comsider marrying someone who has been in a traumatic car accident or faced a traumatic illness because they may have emotional baggage, but then I realized that it would be pointless to ask.

St. Maria Goretti, Patroness of virgins, is not impressed.

I love you :love: