An Old School Catholic Message Board

Finding Other Catholic Virgins?

polskieserce

Sister Marie

I'm basically just saying that if I was with a girl and she hadn't been telling the truth in the past to me, then I would be suspicious if she was lying about her virginity.  If I felt like she was constantly being deceitful, then I just wouldn't  be with her long term since I couldn't trust her in that situation.

I am aware of that stuff about mental illness.  But if a girl is around my age with no family of her own and she is already on anti-depressants, then that's a huge warning sign for me.  I have already encountered two girls like that when I was dating.  I steered clear of them when I found out that anti-depressants were in the picture.

Ok, then you have a different experience with the term jungle fever.  In my group of friends, we just jokingly use the term for white guys who are going after black girls.

I do hold men and women to the same standard.  If a woman is a virgin, then she should be able to marry a virgin man.  Plain and simple.  I am upfront with what I want.  I have seen cases in my personal life in which middle aged people were dreading their marriages because they were not as upfront with what they wanted to see from a spouse, and now they live in disappointment.  I explained what my past experiences were so that you can better understand me as a person.  You say I'm the one who is disrespectful?  I find it disrespectful, that earlier on, the focus of the thread was trying to convince me to give up and settle for a non-virgin.  I never told any of you who to marry, and I expect the same return courtesy.  This thread comes off as self centered only because it's talking about what I want to see in a partner.  This is not a reflection of my day to day interactions with friends and family.  Regarding negative attitudes towards women, I have been critical of marriage for the reason that there is nothing in it for the man financially.  It is also common knowledge that women are pickier than men when it comes to dating/choosing a partner.  Those things are just common sense observations.  And what double standards are you referring to specifically?

Lol, I already acknowledged that women have demands earlier in the thread.

In your eyes, is wanting a future spouse to be a certain race bigoted?  If so, then most people are bigoted because inter-racial marriage composes the minority of marriages.  What is your rebuttal to this?  When people are moving to a new area, especially for white people, they make sure that the racial composition of the area they are moving to is mostly their own race.  This is just one of the facts of life that you seem to be missing.  A lot of white people don't talk about it as openly as I do, but rest assured that race is a big factor when people are making decisions about who to associate with and where to live.

I want my partner to be a virgin because I would just feel personally disgusted about her having previous partners.  If that's your criteria for insecure, then so be it.

And what is your diagnosis Dr. Havok?  I'm not going to seek therapy just because I'm looking out for my own interests.  Lol seriously, look at your own logic.  You are saying that I should consider settling for a non-virgin girl.  I already know my own heart and I know it would not work out.  What would be the point of marrying a non-virgin if I still have a very intense and burning desire to sleep with a virgin?  The marriage would only fall apart anyway, because my desire is just that strong.  When guys have fantasies that their partners can't fullfill, bad things happen.  Lol a weird fascination?  A lot of guys have this fascination, some just not as strong as mine though.  Would it be better to settle for a non-virgin girl who I don't really want and have the marriage fail?  Or would it be better to be bluntly honest witht the world like I am now about what it takes for the marriage to work?  I have obviously chosen the latter.

Just not extremely overweight.  I don't mind curvy but no overflow please.

The only stringent requirements I have for a girl are to be a virgin, be 100% against abortion, and be a practicing christian.  The other requirements don't go beyond things you see secular people want.  Outside of the 3 things I listed above, I'm not that hard to satisfy.  I'm only ultra picky when it comes to those 3.  As long as my future kids aren't skipping school and getting stoned, and they are getting decent grades, I will be satisfied.

You still don't seem to get the fact that no one cares that you want to marry a virgin... no one thinks that there is anything wrong with that.

Your attitude about it is the problem.  Look at all the women on this thread who would probably mace you if they met you in real life... your attitude isn't just weird... its scary.  None of what we are saying has anything to do with virginity... it has to do with "I want what I want!"  and "personally disgusted" and "stringent requirements (you do realize being your wife isn't a lucrative job someone is vying to get, right?!)" and that you think all white people feel the way you do about finding other white people to live near and procreate with... 

You have chosen to be "bluntly honest."  Good for you.  Here's my blunt honesty back.  I'm a 25 year old sister and if I knew you in real life I would make sure I was never alone with you because your controlling and dominating nature is seriously disturbing.  You need to see a psychiatrist because you have some serious mental and emotional problems.  If I knew you in real life I would be afraid for my personal safety around you after hearing your attitudes toward women. 

Here's the thing... you don't have to be this weird guy who women are afraid of who has a "very intense and burning desire to sleep with a virgin"... you can get help and be a functioning member of society.  I hope you choose to do so.  

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

Is it bad that I'm 23 and have no idea what a hymen is?

On the contrary, Marrying a convert/revert certainly isn't a bad idea, a lot of convert/reverts have more respect for the state of grace than cradle Catholics have, but at the same time don't think your going to "Fix someone" either.  

Basilasasa Marie (Apoplgies for butchering you lovely Screen name, it wouldn't be the first one on here I've butchered) You commented on my post some 80 billion posts ago and I have to admit I wasn't fully sarcastic.  You are certainly right God didn't say there is 1 for you and 1 alone or something of that matter.  The abortion thing (We lost 1 third of our generation) does cut down on future spouses though I have to say.  Liked your reply before and after editing it and agree with the point.  

I like what the protestant lady said a bunch of pages ago "Love is Patient, Love is Kind." your spouse is not going to be perfect.  It's endurance.  Marriage isn't a 10 year contract with a 2 year option tacked on and a signing bonus.  You better make sure there is room is storage for my pokemon cards .  But likewise, I might have to stomach My Little Pony somehow.  It's a life of sacrifice and apologizing.  

I have already encountered two girls like that when I was dating.  I steered clear of them when I found out that anti-depressants were in the picture.

Your compassion knows no bounds. may you never be treated the way you speak against those with mental illnesses.

it's what's broken after sexual intercourse. It can also be broken with a tampon or during a pelvic exam. Floop those things, for real..."but Selah it makes sure you have no ovarian cysts" "well if I didn't before I do now! "That's illogical." "So is this!")

Edited by Selah

HisChildForever

I find it disrespectful, that earlier on, the focus of the thread was trying to convince me to give up and settle for a non-virgin.  

No one did this. We told you not to define a woman by her non-virgin status. Oh, and referring to this as "settling" is an insult to women. As if you "deserve" a virgin. Sorry, you don't. Virgins aren't a commodity or prize.

Regarding negative attitudes towards women, I have been critical of marriage for the reason that there is nothing in it for the man financially.  

I don't even know what this is supposed to mean.

It is also common knowledge that women are pickier than men when it comes to dating/choosing a partner.

Reread your posts and then get back to me on this.

What would be the point of marrying a non-virgin if I still have a very intense and burning desire to sleep with a virgin?  The marriage would only fall apart anyway, because my desire is just that strong.  When guys have fantasies that their partners can't fullfill, bad things happen.  Lol a weird fascination?  A lot of guys have this fascination, some just not as strong as mine though.

Fascination - or fetish? Because the more you talk about a virgin bride, the more I think the latter.

Would it be better to settle for a non-virgin girl who I don't really want and have the marriage fail?

Why do you automatically assume non-virgin bride = failed marriage? 

Edited by HisChildForever

havok579257

I'm basically just saying that if I was with a girl and she hadn't been telling the truth in the past to me, then I would be suspicious if she was lying about her virginity.  If I felt like she was constantly being deceitful, then I just wouldn't  be with her long term since I couldn't trust her in that situation.

I am aware of that stuff about mental illness.  But if a girl is around my age with no family of her own and she is already on anti-depressants, then that's a huge warning sign for me.  I have already encountered two girls like that when I was dating.  I steered clear of them when I found out that anti-depressants were in the picture.

Ok, then you have a different experience with the term jungle fever.  In my group of friends, we just jokingly use the term for white guys who are going after black girls.

I do hold men and women to the same standard.  If a woman is a virgin, then she should be able to marry a virgin man.  Plain and simple.  I am upfront with what I want.  I have seen cases in my personal life in which middle aged people were dreading their marriages because they were not as upfront with what they wanted to see from a spouse, and now they live in disappointment.  I explained what my past experiences were so that you can better understand me as a person.  You say I'm the one who is disrespectful?  I find it disrespectful, that earlier on, the focus of the thread was trying to convince me to give up and settle for a non-virgin.  I never told any of you who to marry, and I expect the same return courtesy.  This thread comes off as self centered only because it's talking about what I want to see in a partner.  This is not a reflection of my day to day interactions with friends and family.  Regarding negative attitudes towards women, I have been critical of marriage for the reason that there is nothing in it for the man financially.  It is also common knowledge that women are pickier than men when it comes to dating/choosing a partner.  Those things are just common sense observations.  And what double standards are you referring to specifically?

Lol, I already acknowledged that women have demands earlier in the thread.

In your eyes, is wanting a future spouse to be a certain race bigoted?  If so, then most people are bigoted because inter-racial marriage composes the minority of marriages.  What is your rebuttal to this?  When people are moving to a new area, especially for white people, they make sure that the racial composition of the area they are moving to is mostly their own race.  This is just one of the facts of life that you seem to be missing.  A lot of white people don't talk about it as openly as I do, but rest assured that race is a big factor when people are making decisions about who to associate with and where to live.

I want my partner to be a virgin because I would just feel personally disgusted about her having previous partners.  If that's your criteria for insecure, then so be it.

And what is your diagnosis Dr. Havok?  I'm not going to seek therapy just because I'm looking out for my own interests.  Lol seriously, look at your own logic.  You are saying that I should consider settling for a non-virgin girl.  I already know my own heart and I know it would not work out.  What would be the point of marrying a non-virgin if I still have a very intense and burning desire to sleep with a virgin?  The marriage would only fall apart anyway, because my desire is just that strong.  When guys have fantasies that their partners can't fullfill, bad things happen.  Lol a weird fascination?  A lot of guys have this fascination, some just not as strong as mine though.  Would it be better to settle for a non-virgin girl who I don't really want and have the marriage fail?  Or would it be better to be bluntly honest witht the world like I am now about what it takes for the marriage to work?  I have obviously chosen the latter.

Just not extremely overweight.  I don't mind curvy but no overflow please.

The only stringent requirements I have for a girl are to be a virgin, be 100% against abortion, and be a practicing christian.  The other requirements don't go beyond things you see secular people want.  Outside of the 3 things I listed above, I'm not that hard to satisfy.  I'm only ultra picky when it comes to those 3.  As long as my future kids aren't skipping school and getting stoned, and they are getting decent grades, I will be satisfied.

actually those are not your only requirements, so stop lying.  You also said she must be white, she can't be short, she can't have any history of mental illness, her hymn must be intact- if its not there because a child hood accident then you will no trust her, you need equal financial support from her and so on and so on. 

Sorry buddy but most guys are not obsessed with breaking a hymn.  Its a nasty fantasy.  You want to conquer the women and the only way to prove your manhood is to make her bleed all over the sheets.  Sorry, but that is not normal.  Yes some men do fantasies about it but some men also fantasies about children.  Neither are normal.

Your a racist plain and simple.  Before you move anywhere you check the % of white people in the area.  Man if this is not one of the most racist things I have seen on the board.  Sex before marriage and repentence is not ok, but racism is.  More and more I seen you completely out of line with church teaching. 

My diagnosis is you need help.  You have a distorted view on marriage, on females, your sexist, your racist and your a bigot.  If you so sure that everything is right with you take this to a priest and see what he says.  Tell him you only want to live by other whites and not blacks, you think you are entitled to demand things, many things from your spouse, you prefer secular virginity to church teaching on virginity, you have bigoted views on mental illness and you have this obsessive sexual fantasy about breaking a hymn and you are extremely insecure about sexuality in your marriage and measuring up.  This is all what your saying.  So if your so sure your one the up and up with catholic teaching, just take it to a priest and see what he says.  I imagine you won't get past before the part where you say you don't want to live by blacks and only look for majority white neighborhoods before he calls you out.

Although you will probably ignore it.  Jesus said to be humble but you are being anything from humble.  Many people on this forum and CAF said you need therapy but you are being prideful and ignoring them.  That is the sin of pride right there.  All the facts and people say your wrong but you just stick you nose in the air instead of humbling yourself and looking for help from a priest.

When guys have fantasies that their partners can't fullfill, bad things happen.  

Rape. Alert.

Dude. You need help. Please seek it out soon.

On the contrary, Marrying a convert/revert certainly isn't a bad idea, a lot of convert/reverts have more respect for the state of grace than cradle Catholics have, but at the same time don't think your going to "Fix someone" either.  

Basilasasa Marie (Apoplgies for butchering you lovely Screen name, it wouldn't be the first one on here I've butchered) You commented on my post some 80 billion posts ago and I have to admit I wasn't fully sarcastic.  You are certainly right God didn't say there is 1 for you and 1 alone or something of that matter.  The abortion thing (We lost 1 third of our generation) does cut down on future spouses though I have to say.  Liked your reply before and after editing it and agree with the point.  

I like what the protestant lady said a bunch of pages ago "Love is Patient, Love is Kind." your spouse is not going to be perfect.  It's endurance.  Marriage isn't a 10 year contract with a 2 year option tacked on and a signing bonus.  You better make sure there is room is storage for my pokemon cards .  But likewise, I might have to stomach My Little Pony somehow.  It's a life of sacrifice and apologizing.  

first: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+a+hymen

second, to the bolded part: yes, marriage is sacrifice. But marriage is also love, and wonderfulness, and happiness, and fights, and apologizing, and amazing sex, and quiet nights, and staying up with your kids until 4 a.m., and sickness, health, and joy, and family problems, and solving problems, figuring out discipline with your kids, it's about talking and shouting and loving each other. and so much more.

every time a single person posts about how marriage is sacrifice and hard and all that, I want to shout that it is that sometimes, but it's not dreary if you love your spouse. It is joy.  

Seriously guys, stop. I have things to do today. 

phatmassing is what you have to do today. you're welcome. :) 

polskieserce

Rape. Alert.

Dude. You need help. Please seek it out soon.

I wasn't implying rape, I was implying an elevated risk of cheating.

I wasn't implying rape, I was implying an elevated risk of cheating.

If you cheat, that's your problem, not hers. You're the one with this "GIVE ME UR HYMNEZZZZZZ!!111" fantasy, not her.

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

first: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+a+hymen

second, to the bolded part: yes, marriage is sacrifice. But marriage is also love, and wonderfulness, and happiness, and fights, and apologizing, and amazing sex, and quiet nights, and staying up with your kids until 4 a.m., and sickness, health, and joy, and family problems, and solving problems, figuring out discipline with your kids, it's about talking and shouting and loving each other. and so much more.

every time a single person posts about how marriage is sacrifice and hard and all that, I want to shout that it is that sometimes, but it's not dreary if you love your spouse. It is joy.  

Ya it is.  thanks for the link too lol.  

franciscanheart

What would be the point of marrying a non-virgin if I still have a very intense and burning desire to sleep with a virgin?  The marriage would only fall apart anyway, because my desire is just that strong.  When guys have fantasies that their partners can't fullfill, bad things happen.  Lol a weird fascination?  A lot of guys have this fascination, some just not as strong as mine though.

Did you just skip like, all of high school? :huh:

I guess this desire's crept up in recent years huh? :unsure:

Sorry to tell you, I think that ship has sailed... :|