An Old School Catholic Message Board

Finding Other Catholic Virgins?

polskieserce

When you buy a new car, having to go easy on it for the first thousand or so miles kind of smells of elderberries. You cant to get in that thing and roar down the freeway, but ya gotta go easy.

Yeah seriously that sucks. I test drove a brand new Supermoto (husqvarna 610, dirtbike with sportbike tires) while waiting for my 20 year old beaten up sportbike to get new tires, and i wasnt even able to wind it out, or anything. :( And those are supposed to be for hooliganism and wild antics. Got on my old beater and just flew outta there.

As a woman taking medicine for a mental illness, I'm also pretty offended that the OP wouldn't even consider marrying a woman with one.

Personally, In your situation, I would be feeling like if this little guy here had just found out that Tyrannosaurus Rex is allergic to goats.

JP04.jpg

qm.gifqm.gifBP1UVufCAAAT5IF.jpg

Seriously, dUSt, you are depriving honest folk like myself, era, littlewaysoul and many others from earning the many props we need to heat the house during wintertime

LittleWaySoul

Personally, In your situation, I would be feeling like if this little guy here had just found out that Tyrannosaurus Rex is allergic to goats.

JP04.jpg

A fair point.

I tend to get really upset at irrational generalization of large groups of people, I guess. Since this one hit home, I guess I wanted to defend my fellow mental illness sufferers.

But your analogy made me laugh and I understand what you mean  :hehe:

LittleWaySoul

No, that response was about men; I want his answer concerning women.

Ah. I just assumed he meant that for both genders as a universal rule. :idontknow:

When you buy a new car, having to go easy on it for the first thousand or so miles kind of smells of elderberries. You cant to get in that thing and roar down the freeway, but ya gotta go easy.

Are you comparing women to cars?  Last time that was done on this forum some people got all up in arms.

polskieserce

Polski, how do you justify your insistence on physical virginity when your potential spouse has no way of verifying that you are a virgin?

God did not create males in a way where virginity is cosmetically visible.  With a man, virginity is seen through sexual inexperience and premature ejaculation.

I don't understand how Polski could possibly be turned off by any other race than white. It is LITERALLY only the color of someone's skin. You're telling me that if you befriended an African American girl, a girl who fits all of your other ridiculous standards and is otherwise perfect for you, you'd reject her based upon her skin color?! That's screwed up, bro. For real.

WHAT THE HECK.  :eek: So basically you mean to inspect her before you get married?! That's sick, obsessive, and terrifying.

I'm telling you this as a white, 5'7". 19-year-old, faithfully cradle-Catholic virgin who intends to stay a virgin until marriage (should that be God's plan for me).

So you generalize ALL those with mental illnesses in such a way? Do you have any idea how common depression is? How easy it is to hide sometimes? I'm on medication for my depression, and I'd venture to guess that most people would never be able to guess about my depression without having known me before I was on it. I'll bet a lot of money that you have friends on medicine for depression without knowing about them. I have a LOT of friends and family who are depressed, and I know many others as well. Not to mention other mental illnesses.

You said "no offense" in your previous post, but you used a rabid dog as an analogy for women like myself. Forgive me if I'm a tad bit offended. There are SO MANY people out there with mental illnesses. Including myself. You have no idea whether any of us would make you a better person or not. You have no idea whether I'd make a good wife. You have no idea whether I'd make a good peer. You have no idea if I'd make a good sister, daughter, friend. I resent your immediate judgement of me and others based upon an illness that we have, an illness that, like physical illnesses, can be treated successfully with medication.

Polski, I hope to God that you're trolling us right now. I don't want to believe that people like you still exist. In any way.

I'm sorry if this sounded harsh. I'm a bit upset about this, as you can probably tell.

I'll pray for you tonight.

Seriously, what alternate world do you live in?  Most people have a certain race that they want their future spouse to be.  That is a given.  Look at the rates of inter-racial marriage.  Those marriages do not even come close to constituting a majority.  The numbers are what they are.  Most people have this viewpoint, they just aren't open about it for fear of looking bigoted/racist in a racially stratified society.  I'm much more indifferent to the reactions of others, which is why I don't have any fear of speaking my mind.  A lot of white girls in general who I talked to told me that their parents were not down with the idea of them dating black guys.  I completely understand that viewpoint, as my father would be shocked beyond belief if I came close to getting into a relationship with a black girl.  And my grandparents?  They would roll over in their graves if I did something like that.

I didn't say I was going to physically inspect her under all circumstances.  But in the dating process, I would eventually ask straight up what the deal with her is.  If she was the type of girl who lied to me a couple of times about things and I caught her in her tracks, then yeah, I probably would go the full 9 yards and make her prove it on the spot.  But that would only be if she had dishonest tendencies.  If she was an honest person, then I would believe her.

Yes, I am very well aware that depression is common.  That's the reason why I'm keeping my guard up in that area.  It's easy to hide for a while, but if you know a person for a while, the signs will be there.  Obviously, if someone is looking at the entire relationship through rose colored lenses, then they will most likely miss it.  My mother has depression, and she did not improve with medication.  I know there are plenty of people around me with depression.  I know what it means when a person has depression, and believe me, marriage is hard enough with a mentally healthy person.  Mental illness makes it exponentially harder.  That's not something I am willing to repeat.  Mental illnesses are much harder to treat than other medical problems, partly because the medical community still has an imperfect understanding of how the brain works.  After my bitter encounters with these types of people (and there were several) I just don't want to put up with them anymore.  I think the first decade and a half of my life was more than enough.  I'm not trying to insult you personally.  I'm just saying that the group you belong to has a reputation for being more unstable, more erratic in decision making, and less pleasurable to put up with.

I have no interest in doing this.

Then don't accuse me of being older than I actually am.

homeschoolmom

O my wow....

What a crazy-butt thread. I'm just speechless.

I'm not even sure where to start....

Let me tick off a few of the easier things:

Spike Lee's movie "Jungle Fever" put that expression into the common language for awhile. But it's still not okay in polite company (Unless you hang out with Archie Bunker).

Regarding the "on the spot hymen examination" WHAT??? You said:

I didn't say I was going to physically inspect her under all circumstances.  But in the dating process, I would eventually ask straight up what the deal with her is.  If she was the type of girl who lied to me a couple of times about things and I caught her in her tracks, then yeah, I probably would go the full 9 yards and make her prove it on the spot.  But that would only be if she had dishonest tendencies.  If she was an honest person, then I would believe her.

Soo... yeah... you're dating someone who you feel is dishonest (why?) and she tells you she's a virgin. But since you're just not really sure you can trust her ( :huh: ) you ask her to prove it. How in the floopity flop is she supposed to do that??? AND WHY WOULD SHE??? And if you don't trust her in the first place, why would you even want her to????

With a man, virginity is seen through sexual inexperience and premature ejaculation.

:huh:

Mental illness: Um... Yeah... illnesses of all kinds are not readily apparent on your wedding day. Pregnancy can trigger depression and other croutons. Age can, too.

You are not buying a broodmare.

You are not buying a broodmare.

Yes he is. You keep forgetting, women are objects of men's pleasure, duh. Not people. 

Polski, how do you justify your insistence on physical virginity when your potential spouse has no way of verifying that you are a virgin?

I think the one thing we can all be assured of is OP's virginity.

Okay, this makes me doubt that PoPo is actually in his early 20s...I mean, I'm 25 and I've never in my life heard this expression. And I'd like to believe I don't live under a rock.

That's because you just don't live in the right/wrong area.  I think I heard it for the first time before I was old enough to know what it meant and still do to this day by racist segregationists who talk about "race traitors" have "jungle fever".

Ah. I just assumed he meant that for both genders as a universal rule.  :idontknow:

(Darnit quote tags, that's not HCF, it's LittleWaySoul)

I don't think he holds men and women to the same standards, otherwise he'd disqualify himself from marriage due to the need for therapy.  I'm sorry Pol, but as a single guy, I'd be terrified to date you if I was a woman.  Just from your interactions with the women in this thread, you set off a lot of red flags to me:

• Controlling Behavior
  • Unrealistic Expectations
  • Blame Others 
  • Hypersensitive
  • Disrespectful (both to the women in this thread and about former partners stretching back to your boasts about not having lost anything despite the chance)
  • Self Centered
  • Negative Attitude Towards Women
  • Double Standards

I realize many of the women in this thread and on CAF have told you to consider seeking therapy. Please do.  Also your sense of entitlement in employment as well is quite shocking; just because you went through 4 years of college does not mean there's a social contract that guarentees you good employment.  Over half of college graduates are working part time jobs that don't require a degree due to the awful economy and up 5,000 people with Masters, JDs, and PhDs are working janitorial jobs in America.

truthfinder

I don't think he holds men and women to the same standards, otherwise he'd disqualify himself from marriage due to the need for therapy.  I'm sorry Pol, but as a single guy, I'd be terrified to date you if I was a woman.  

5,000 people with Masters, JDs, and PhDs are working janitorial jobs in America.

That's exactly why I asked the question.

And your stat scares me.