An Old School Catholic Message Board

Finding Other Catholic Virgins?

polskieserce

And what is your diagnosis Dr. Havok?  I'm not going to seek therapy just because I'm looking out for my own interests.  Lol seriously, look at your own logic.  You are saying that I should consider settling for a non-virgin girl. 

Oh no, this is absolutely false.

He may have suggested you to go to a therapist or not to marry at all but he would never suggest you such an awful thing.

After all he has a deep respect also for non virgin girls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgCM46CSwd8

:saint2: 

You are such a kind person :cry3:

Edited by Amppax

I think we should close this thread....

The bossman doesn't like overmoderation, but I'm getting tempted...

Pol-guy, the double standards I'm referring to (at least from the last third of the thread or so):

• You seem to be pushing "carnal lust" on people who may not experience such.
  • You want a virgin bride, but according to the Church's definition of male virginity, it's highly unlikely any male on this board is a virgin due to the unfortunately common sin of masturbation.  The Church does not define it as "inexperience and premature ejaculation" like you have.
  • You have a list of DEMANDS of your future wife, and while you say you expect DEMANDS from her, you lay out her DEMANDS, for her.
  • "I never told any of you who to marry, and I expect the same return courtesy."  However, when people disagree with you, both you and Norseman have been swift to point out how far you feel Catholic morality has fallen.

Anyhow, play nice everyone.  I don't want to over-mod, but I'm almost ready to lock it at the current rate.

Actually, wait:

137455373127.jpg

Praise Princess Celestia, it's all been worth it.

Okay, as we all were, I guess.

Edited by Selah

LittleWaySoul

What would be the point of marrying a non-virgin if I still have a very intense and burning desire to sleep with a virgin?  The marriage would only fall apart anyway, because my desire is just that strong.  When guys have fantasies that their partners can't fullfill, bad things happen.  Lol a weird fascination?  A lot of guys have this fascination, some just not as strong as mine though.  

You realize this is a one-off thing, right?

CatholicsAreKewl

Pol-guy, the double standards I'm referring to (at least from the last third of the thread or so):

• You want a virgin bride, but according to the Church's definition of male virginity, it's highly unlikely any male on this board is a virgin due to the unfortunately common sin of masturbation.  The Church does not define it as "inexperience and premature ejaculation" like you have.
  • You have a list of DEMANDS of your future wife, and while you say you expect DEMANDS from her, you lay out her DEMANDS, for her.
  • "I never told any of you who to marry, and I expect the same return courtesy."  However, when people disagree with you, both you and Norseman have been swift to point out how far you feel Catholic morality has fallen.

Anyhow, play nice everyone.  I don't want to over-mod, but I'm almost ready to lock it at the current rate.

This isn't China. Let freedom ring!

homeschoolmom

Links to two of his CAF threads were posted here.

Post 184 will lead you to a duplicate CAF thread.

Post 212 will lead you to a thread from 2 years ago. On this CAF thread, posts 54 and 70. Granted, this is from 2 years ago. HOWEVER, he still holds the same if not similar ideas of marriage (expressed in that thread and this), the whole "give-and-take" mentality, so he might feel the same about SAHM, I don't know.

Thank you for posting that (and directing me to the comments in question). Really appreciate you taking the time to be specific. :)

To the OP-- You are too young to be so jaded and bitter. Get a dog. You will be happier.

Get a dog. You will be happier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=c-7sKtxXZhs

I keep waiting for this thread to be moved to the Lame Board, but perhaps this "debate" is too lame for the Lame Board.

Edited by Apotheoun

polskieserce

Alright BG45, I will try to play more to the nice side.  All I ask in return is that other users don't accuse me of stuff that isn't true (being older than I am, actually having sex, having a diagnosable mental illness, etc).

You still don't seem to get the fact that no one cares that you want to marry a virgin... no one thinks that there is anything wrong with that.

Your attitude about it is the problem.  Look at all the women on this thread who would probably mace you if they met you in real life... your attitude isn't just weird... its scary.  None of what we are saying has anything to do with virginity... it has to do with "I want what I want!"  and "personally disgusted" and "stringent requirements (you do realize being your wife isn't a lucrative job someone is vying to get, right?!)" and that you think all white people feel the way you do about finding other white people to live near and procreate with... 

You have chosen to be "bluntly honest."  Good for you.  Here's my blunt honesty back.  I'm a 25 year old sister and if I knew you in real life I would make sure I was never alone with you because your controlling and dominating nature is seriously disturbing.  You need to see a psychiatrist because you have some serious mental and emotional problems.  If I knew you in real life I would be afraid for my personal safety around you after hearing your attitudes toward women. 

Here's the thing... you don't have to be this weird guy who women are afraid of who has a "very intense and burning desire to sleep with a virgin"... you can get help and be a functioning member of society.  I hope you choose to do so.  

Actually, a lot of people did try to do exactly that.  When I started the thread, a lot of people were telling me I should consider a virgin for reasons X, Y, and Z, even though that is not the type of person I wish to marry.

If you think that most white people are that open to inter-racial relations, then please explain why most marriages are not inter-racial?  I have heard a lot of middle class people talk about it before.  This isn't something they talk about right away, but I have heard numerous white people mention that they don't want to live in black/hispanic areas because they are ghetto and have high crime.  Even the real estate agents my parents talked to had similar sentiments.  And I do not live in the deep south.  I live in Eastern pennsylvania, in a more structurally developed and liberal area.  Ever heard of white flight?

Lol, if you knew me in real life you would have an accurate reflection of who I am.  I am not a violent person and I am not a gangster covered in tattoos.  You have a distorted perception because this thread focuses on a very narrow aspect of my life.  I agree that from a 3rd person perspective, I do come off as incredibly greedy in this thread.  That is because you have nothing but text and you can't hear me speak about the topic, hear my tone of voice, or get any visual feedback from my face.

Lol, if you disagree with what I said, then challenge my ideas using logic, not "Oh he doesn't agree, he's mentally ill."  On CAF when I was talking to people about marriage, the people there acknowledged that there really isn't any financial incentive behind marriage for the man.  Of course, I had to grill them about it to make the truth come out.  But the end result of that thread was that the only real reason behind marriage is to honor god and follow his rules, nothing else.  Do you think I'm the only guy who feels this way?  In my workplace, there are guys who are in their early 30s and they expressed similar views about marriage being legally undesirable for a male with the way the court system is now.  There is a trend of more men turning away from marriage and just living with their girlfriends.  You need to look at it from the perspective of a young guy who is getting out of college.  I'm coming from the direction that says "If I'm going to play it according to the traditional rule book, then I want someone who is doing the same.  If a girl had vaginal sex and then wants to play the traditionalist game, then she has to play with other reformed non-virgins because she doesn't have her virginity to offer to a guy who actually did not penetrate any girls."  I understand that this is not how the clergy may think.  But this is the way that most common people think, everyday catholics, jews, agnostics, etc.  People are hierarchical by nature and it is normal for a person to have a general ballpark idea of people who they are better than and people who they are worse than.  That is just human nature.  I like to think that I am more valuable and on a higher tier in the world than some junkie under a bridge who is shooting up his drug of choice.

Also, how am I not a productive member of society?  I am working a full time job that is legal and does not involve selling drugs.  I don't have corpses of rival gang members buried in my back yard.  Perhaps I missed something.....

Your compassion knows no bounds. may you never be treated the way you speak against those with mental illnesses.

This will be the last time I reply to a post about the mental illness issue.  I have had horrible experiences with these people and I have personally had enough.  I do not care if they aren't all like that.  I don't care if they are nice most of the time.  It's my life, I get to call the shots, and that's something I would like to stay away from for my personal health.

No one did this. We told you not to define a woman by her non-virgin status. Oh, and referring to this as "settling" is an insult to women. As if you "deserve" a virgin. Sorry, you don't. Virgins aren't a commodity or prize.

Reread your posts and then get back to me on this.

Fascination - or fetish? Because the more you talk about a virgin bride, the more I think the latter.

Why do you automatically assume non-virgin bride = failed marriage? 

Yes, several of you told me that I should consider non-virgins.  When I refused to do so, that's when you some of you converted this thread into a flame war.  When I am looking at girls to date, I have two initial categories for them.  First category---> I will give them a shot.........Second category------> NO WAY     Guess which one non-virgins fall into.  Accepting a non-virgin girl is settling.  Virgin girls are rarer and harder to get, making it a goal that's harder to achieve.  If I gave up on that goal and resentfully accepted a non-virgin as my wife (which won't be happening in this lifetime), then that would be considered settling because it is less than I originally wanted.  The truth is that men do hold virgins in higher regard than girls who have already had sex.

Most people agree that the average woman is pickier than the average man.

Fascination vs. fetish, what's the difference?

Simple, because I already know that my desire to sleep with a virgin once in my life would not go away if I did marry a non-virgin.  It would eat away at the marriage slowly and it wouldn't last a lifetime.  There is no point in boarding a plane you know is going to crash.  It is going to take a virgin to make me feel truly satisfied with the marriage.

actually those are not your only requirements, so stop lying.  You also said she must be white, she can't be short, she can't have any history of mental illness, her hymn must be intact- if its not there because a child hood accident then you will no trust her, you need equal financial support from her and so on and so on. 

Sorry buddy but most guys are not obsessed with breaking a hymn.  Its a nasty fantasy.  You want to conquer the women and the only way to prove your manhood is to make her bleed all over the sheets.  Sorry, but that is not normal.  Yes some men do fantasies about it but some men also fantasies about children.  Neither are normal.

Your a racist plain and simple.  Before you move anywhere you check the % of white people in the area.  Man if this is not one of the most racist things I have seen on the board.  Sex before marriage and repentence is not ok, but racism is.  More and more I seen you completely out of line with church teaching. 

My diagnosis is you need help.  You have a distorted view on marriage, on females, your sexist, your racist and your a bigot.  If you so sure that everything is right with you take this to a priest and see what he says.  Tell him you only want to live by other whites and not blacks, you think you are entitled to demand things, many things from your spouse, you prefer secular virginity to church teaching on virginity, you have bigoted views on mental illness and you have this obsessive sexual fantasy about breaking a hymn and you are extremely insecure about sexuality in your marriage and measuring up.  This is all what your saying.  So if your so sure your one the up and up with catholic teaching, just take it to a priest and see what he says.  I imagine you won't get past before the part where you say you don't want to live by blacks and only look for majority white neighborhoods before he calls you out.

Although you will probably ignore it.  Jesus said to be humble but you are being anything from humble.  Many people on this forum and CAF said you need therapy but you are being prideful and ignoring them.  That is the sin of pride right there.  All the facts and people say your wrong but you just stick you nose in the air instead of humbling yourself and looking for help from a priest.

You did not read my post closely enough.  I said that those are the only requirements which go above and beyond what you see on a daily basis from other people.  I never said those were all of my requirements.  I spoke with different guys who also expressed interest in sleeping with a virgin.

I will say it again, how is my thinking symptomatic of a mental illness?  There are plenty of people who hold these views in society, only they aren't vocal about it.  Regarding living in white neighborhoods, I still have not heard a rebuttal to my previous point.  How do you explain white flight?  How do you explain that this is how most white people choose to live?  How do you explain that most people stay within their own race for marriage?  Give me some solid rebuttals to these points before you call me mentally ill.

A lot of you keep saying I should talk to a priest.  What exactly do you want me to talk to a priest about?

Did you just skip like, all of high school? :huh:

I guess this desire's crept up in recent years huh? :unsure:

Sorry to tell you, I think that ship has sailed... :|

No I have not.  I did hold off on sex with a girl during high school and college.  You are saying that you think I already had sex with a girl.  Please do not accuse me of something I did not do.  What evidence do you have to back up your baseless claim?

This is the most creepy-assed thing I have ever read on Phatmass... And I've read a lot of creepy-assed things here....

Trust me, that may be all you think you want from your kids, but it's not. You're not even truthful in what you want in a wife.

I just wants the basics from my kids.  How am I not truthful in what I want from a wife?  I have already laid down what I want to a T.

BG45, this is respectful disagreement, not bait to try to work you up.

I don't see how any of these things are double standards.  During puberty, it is natural for both sexes to think about intercourse.  Regarding virginity, I apply the secular standard to both sexes equally.  I said earlier that if a girl is rubbing herself but doesn't get penetrated by a guy, that I think she is a virgin.  When I was talking about DEMANDS, I was giving a list of hypothetical demands that I am likely to see from a girl.  Regarding catholic morality, I think it is very safe to say that it has fallen quite a bit.  Not only in the virginity department.  What's even worse is that you have "liberal catholics" who try to justify the use of abortion.  I don't think that anyone should doubt the sad state the church is in.  In my grandfather's time, I would be seen as a typical guy.  The times may change, but church teaching doesn't.