An Old School Catholic Message Board

Finding Other Catholic Virgins?

polskieserce

I don't think he ever said he wasn't in tune with what the Church teaches, where did he say that? I don't think he is in line with Church teaching, but he might.

havok579257

I don't think he ever said he wasn't in tune with what the Church teaches, where did he say that? I don't think he is in line with Church teaching, but he might.

go back and read what he said about virginity.  many women brought up on here about what the church teaches about when a person loses his virginity.  he said he was interested in the secular view of virginity which means vaginal sex.  women made mention of all the ways the church says you are not a virgin and if you are still a virgin and he said he didn't care, he just was focused on the secular view of vaginal sex being loss of virginity even through rape.

homeschoolmom

I get to decide what is an acceptable level of risk, NOT YOU.  In my opinion, the level of risk with those girls is too high.

Dude... Don't get married. Seriously. The risk of another human being disappointing you is just too high. And for goodness sake if you do marry, DON'T HAVE CHILDREN. They most certainly will fail to please you at every turn.

Anyway, you think this thread is bad? Why don't you start posting one of your rants against stay-at-home-moms? Oh yes, I saw those posts on your CAF thread(s), you silly thing you.

Wait... What?

go back and read what he said about virginity. many women brought up on here about what the church teaches about when a person loses his virginity. he said he was interested in the secular view of virginity which means vaginal sex. women made mention of all the ways the church says you are not a virgin and if you are still a virgin and he said he didn't care, he just was focused on the secular view of vaginal sex being loss of virginity even through rape.

Ok. I would still contend that his preference for that isn't against Church teaching. I think he has a mysoginistic outlook on relationships and has said a lot of tactless things here. But quite honestly, debating about someone else's opinions that I think are idiotic is a waste of time.

I think we've been pretty hard on the OP, possibly to the point of being uncharitable. I'll continue to pray for him, just like I pray for all of the sinners on here, aka each and every one of us.

I get to decide what is an acceptable level of risk, NOT YOU.  In my opinion, the level of risk with those girls is too high.

God help you when she reaches post-partum depression. 

HisChildForever

Wait... What?

Links to two of his CAF threads were posted here.

Post 184 will lead you to a duplicate CAF thread.

Post 212 will lead you to a thread from 2 years ago. On this CAF thread, posts 54 and 70. Granted, this is from 2 years ago. HOWEVER, he still holds the same if not similar ideas of marriage (expressed in that thread and this), the whole "give-and-take" mentality, so he might feel the same about SAHM, I don't know.

HisChildForever

I can't edit (well, add) to my post now, but - besides 54 and 70, 53 is also a doozy, HSM.

Links to two of his CAF threads were posted here.

Post 184 will lead you to a duplicate CAF thread.

Post 212 will lead you to a thread from 2 years ago. On this CAF thread, posts 54 and 70. Granted, this is from 2 years ago. HOWEVER, he still holds the same if not similar ideas of marriage (expressed in that thread and this), the whole "give-and-take" mentality, so he might feel the same about SAHM, I don't know.

Clearly, women flock to him.

IcePrincessKRS

O my wow....

What a crazy-butt thread. I'm just speechless.

I'm not even sure where to start....

Let me tick off a few of the easier things:

Spike Lee's movie "Jungle Fever" put that expression into the common language for awhile. But it's still not okay in polite company (Unless you hang out with Archie Bunker).

Regarding the "on the spot hymen examination" WHAT??? You said:

Soo... yeah... you're dating someone who you feel is dishonest (why?) and she tells you she's a virgin. But since you're just not really sure you can trust her ( :huh: ) you ask her to prove it. How in the floopity flop is she supposed to do that??? AND WHY WOULD SHE??? And if you don't trust her in the first place, why would you even want her to????

:huh:

Mental illness: Um... Yeah... illnesses of all kinds are not readily apparent on your wedding day. Pregnancy can trigger depression and other croutons. Age can, too.

You are not buying a broodmare.

Word. :like:

IcePrincessKRS

I'm just saying that the group you belong to has a reputation for being more unstable, more erratic in decision making, and less pleasurable to put up with.

Judging by your posts in this thread I'd say you are from a group of humans that aren't very pleasurable to put up with as well. And I'm not referring to mental illness.

CatholicsAreKewl

Ok. I would still contend that his preference for that isn't against Church teaching. I think he has a mysoginistic outlook on relationships and has said a lot of tactless things here. But quite honestly, debating about someone else's opinions that I think are idiotic is a waste of time.

I think we've been pretty hard on the OP, possibly to the point of being uncharitable. I'll continue to pray for him, just like I pray for all of the sinners on here, aka each and every one of us.

+1 except the praying part. I think he gets the point. No woman on here will ever date/marry/have children with him. He knows what he wants and has it down to a t. I don't think his expectations are realistic but whatever. Talking trash about him for 10 more pages won't do anything other than amuse me. 

Edited by CatholicsAreKewl

polskieserce

Regarding the "on the spot hymen examination" WHAT??? You said:

Soo... yeah... you're dating someone who you feel is dishonest (why?) and she tells you she's a virgin. But since you're just not really sure you can trust her ( :huh: ) you ask her to prove it. How in the floopity flop is she supposed to do that??? AND WHY WOULD SHE??? And if you don't trust her in the first place, why would you even want her to????

:huh:

Mental illness: Um... Yeah... illnesses of all kinds are not readily apparent on your wedding day. Pregnancy can trigger depression and other croutons. Age can, too.

You are not buying a broodmare.

I'm basically just saying that if I was with a girl and she hadn't been telling the truth in the past to me, then I would be suspicious if she was lying about her virginity.  If I felt like she was constantly being deceitful, then I just wouldn't  be with her long term since I couldn't trust her in that situation.

I am aware of that stuff about mental illness.  But if a girl is around my age with no family of her own and she is already on anti-depressants, then that's a huge warning sign for me.  I have already encountered two girls like that when I was dating.  I steered clear of them when I found out that anti-depressants were in the picture.

That's because you just don't live in the right/wrong area.  I think I heard it for the first time before I was old enough to know what it meant and still do to this day by racist segregationists who talk about "race traitors" have "jungle fever".

(Darnit quote tags, that's not HCF, it's LittleWaySoul)

I don't think he holds men and women to the same standards, otherwise he'd disqualify himself from marriage due to the need for therapy.  I'm sorry Pol, but as a single guy, I'd be terrified to date you if I was a woman.  Just from your interactions with the women in this thread, you set off a lot of red flags to me:

• Controlling Behavior
  • Unrealistic Expectations
  • Blame Others 
  • Hypersensitive
  • Disrespectful (both to the women in this thread and about former partners stretching back to your boasts about not having lost anything despite the chance)
  • Self Centered
  • Negative Attitude Towards Women
  • Double Standards

I realize many of the women in this thread and on CAF have told you to consider seeking therapy. Please do.  Also your sense of entitlement in employment as well is quite shocking; just because you went through 4 years of college does not mean there's a social contract that guarentees you good employment.  Over half of college graduates are working part time jobs that don't require a degree due to the awful economy and up 5,000 people with Masters, JDs, and PhDs are working janitorial jobs in America.

Ok, then you have a different experience with the term jungle fever.  In my group of friends, we just jokingly use the term for white guys who are going after black girls.

I do hold men and women to the same standard.  If a woman is a virgin, then she should be able to marry a virgin man.  Plain and simple.  I am upfront with what I want.  I have seen cases in my personal life in which middle aged people were dreading their marriages because they were not as upfront with what they wanted to see from a spouse, and now they live in disappointment.  I explained what my past experiences were so that you can better understand me as a person.  You say I'm the one who is disrespectful?  I find it disrespectful, that earlier on, the focus of the thread was trying to convince me to give up and settle for a non-virgin.  I never told any of you who to marry, and I expect the same return courtesy.  This thread comes off as self centered only because it's talking about what I want to see in a partner.  This is not a reflection of my day to day interactions with friends and family.  Regarding negative attitudes towards women, I have been critical of marriage for the reason that there is nothing in it for the man financially.  It is also common knowledge that women are pickier than men when it comes to dating/choosing a partner.  Those things are just common sense observations.  And what double standards are you referring to specifically?

Well, sorry to poo on your parade, Polski, but women have demands too. Let's first start with not being a jerk. And next how about not being a prejudiced jerk.

FYI, my opinions are coming from me, a 5'7", white, mentally healthy, pro life, virgin, who is too young to drive a car.

Lol, I already acknowledged that women have demands earlier in the thread.

so if I get this straight the op is a bigoted, extremely insecure about sex, needs therapy young man who also has some weird fascination with breaking a hymn and seeing blood stain the sheets.  Also as he has said he is not really in tune with the catholic church.  He doesn't care at all about the catholic church definition of a virgin, its all about secular societies views(his words not mine).  He is also instant his wife have no mental illness but its ok for him to have issues since he is in obvious need of therapy.

Op, with your personality and out look on life, your never going to get  good catholic girl, sorry.  They won't out themselves through it.

Please, get some therapy, your obviously in need of major help.

In your eyes, is wanting a future spouse to be a certain race bigoted?  If so, then most people are bigoted because inter-racial marriage composes the minority of marriages.  What is your rebuttal to this?  When people are moving to a new area, especially for white people, they make sure that the racial composition of the area they are moving to is mostly their own race.  This is just one of the facts of life that you seem to be missing.  A lot of white people don't talk about it as openly as I do, but rest assured that race is a big factor when people are making decisions about who to associate with and where to live.

I want my partner to be a virgin because I would just feel personally disgusted about her having previous partners.  If that's your criteria for insecure, then so be it.

And what is your diagnosis Dr. Havok?  I'm not going to seek therapy just because I'm looking out for my own interests.  Lol seriously, look at your own logic.  You are saying that I should consider settling for a non-virgin girl.  I already know my own heart and I know it would not work out.  What would be the point of marrying a non-virgin if I still have a very intense and burning desire to sleep with a virgin?  The marriage would only fall apart anyway, because my desire is just that strong.  When guys have fantasies that their partners can't fullfill, bad things happen.  Lol a weird fascination?  A lot of guys have this fascination, some just not as strong as mine though.  Would it be better to settle for a non-virgin girl who I don't really want and have the marriage fail?  Or would it be better to be bluntly honest witht the world like I am now about what it takes for the marriage to work?  I have obviously chosen the latter.

Did you leave out any requirements, Polski?

Maybe weight? Shoe size? Length of hair?

Pray, do tell.

Just not extremely overweight.  I don't mind curvy but no overflow please.

Dude... Don't get married. Seriously. The risk of another human being disappointing you is just too high. And for goodness sake if you do marry, DON'T HAVE CHILDREN. They most certainly will fail to please you at every turn.

Wait... What?

The only stringent requirements I have for a girl are to be a virgin, be 100% against abortion, and be a practicing christian.  The other requirements don't go beyond things you see secular people want.  Outside of the 3 things I listed above, I'm not that hard to satisfy.  I'm only ultra picky when it comes to those 3.  As long as my future kids aren't skipping school and getting stoned, and they are getting decent grades, I will be satisfied.

IcePrincessKRS

+1 except the praying part. I think he gets the point. No woman on here will ever date/marry/have children with him. He knows what he wants and has it down to a t. I don't think his expectations are realistic but whatever. Talking trash about him for 10 more pages won't do anything other than amuse me. 

That might just be worth it. :P