An Old School Catholic Message Board

Finding Other Catholic Virgins?

polskieserce

its a good question.  Do you think St.Paul was saying someone is ok in using their spouse just for sex?

I never said that and you know it.  Just because there is more to marriage than sex, one cannot deny the sexual aspect of marriage, otherwise it's not a marriage but rather a couple living as "brother and sister".

I never said that and you know it.  Just because there is more to marriage than sex, one cannot deny the sexual aspect of marriage, otherwise it's not a marriage but rather a couple living as "brother and sister".

And I never said couples should avoid having sex just because. ;) That said, it still doesn't establish a "right" to have sex for the spouses.

And I never said couples should avoid having sex just because. ;) That said, it still doesn't establish a "right" to have sex for the spouses.

Tell that to the Author.  He's the one who used the word "debt" (or "obligation", or whatever word whatever translation of Scripture you are using).

What the heck, people? I thought I killed this thread.

I give up. If listening to yoko ono asking satan to get naked can't stop this, nothing can.

As you were.

*pouts*

Hell, early Christians used to do this all the time. Eastern Christians still do it. I rather like their view of marriage, that it isn't one big, "lol we haz ringz nao, let's do the nasty!"

(last post, seriously)

Hell, early Christians used to do this all the time. Eastern Christians still do it. I rather like their view of marriage, that it isn't one big, "lol we haz ringz nao, let's do the nasty!"

(last post, seriously)

Saint Cecilia comes to mind.  She was married to Valerian of Trastevere by her patrician Christian parents.  She converted him and his brother, remaining a married virgin until her death being martyred by the Romans.

CatholicsAreKewl

What the heck, people? I thought I killed this thread.

I give up. If listening to yoko ono asking satan to get naked can't stop this, nothing can.

As you were.

*pouts*

CatholicsareKewl: 1

Selah: 0 

havok579257

I never said you said anything, I simply said its a good question.  So I am awaiting your answer.

I never said you said anything, I simply said its a good question.  So I am awaiting your answer.

Ask the Author, not me.  I'm not the one who wrote it, i'm just relaying the message.

havok579257

Ask the Author, not me.  I'm not the one who wrote it, i'm just relaying the message.

Avoiding the question.  SO I see how hypocritical you are.  You demand answers to your questions but refuse to answer other's questions.  Nice.

havok579257

Avoiding the question.  SO I see how hypocritical you are.  You demand answers to your questions but refuse to answer other's questions.  Nice.

also: why are we still beating this dead horse? isn't that cruelty to animals or some such thing? or desecration of a body? (or does that only apply to human bodies?)

I must agree. This thread really seems lame. It makes me miss Budge's "debate" threads.