An Old School Catholic Message Board

Finding Other Catholic Virgins?

polskieserce

Well why doesn't Freedom and Polksie date?

Sounds like a plan, and a good way to end the thread.

LittleWaySoul

Well why doesn't Freedom and Polksie date?

Sounds like a plan, and a good way to end the thread.

:hehe:

polskieserce

So, besides this being creepy. I hope you realize she's no longer a virgin after you have sex. So will you no longer be sexually attracted to your wife after the first time? Or will you get the shivers just knowing she was YOUR conquest? Gross.

I will not turn away from my wife just because I took her virginity and she is no longer a virgin.  I will be satisfied knowing that I took her virginity, she took mine, and we have the rest of our lives to be together.

A lot of white people used to have blacks slaves also, so there must be something right with that. Its absolutely racist to decide where to move based on if there are more whites than blacks. Just because a good majority of people do it does not make it right. A lot of people support abortion and gay marriage and sex before marriage. All things the church condemns. Just like racism. Your obviously afraid of black men for some reason. God teaches us all men are created equal. Although you dont see it that way. Your way of thinking is condemned by the church. To disregard this means you really have no understanding of church teaching. So what your real reason you are afraid of living by blacks and hispanics? Why do they make you feel inferior?

Where are all of these black communities that are safe, stable, and all around nice places to live?  All to often, you have communities with high drug use, violent crime, and instability.  You can park your car out in the street and have it vandalized or be taken to a chop shop.  The ghetto culture in those inner city areas is going to be a huge turn-off for a lot of white people.

Pokie...utilitarianism isn't a Catholic ideal. It goes against everything Catholic theology teaches about love.

The first chapter of this book explains it ... I think it'd benefit you to read the entire thing.

The relevant section on utilitarianism is available on the free preview. Check it out.

http://www.amazon.com/Men-Women-Mystery-Love-Responsibility/dp/0867168404/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1374695102&sr=8-3&keywords=love+and+responsibility

Are we talking about the same form of utilitarianism?  Here is the definition from Merriam-Webster online:

a doctrine that the useful is the good and that the determining consideration of right conduct should be the usefulness of its consequences; specifically : a theory that the aim of action should be the largest possible balance of pleasure over pain or the greatest happiness of the greatest number

If we are talking about that idea, then it is simply common sense.  I am standing up for my own interests by adopting this way of thinking.  I am not going to marry down and be with someone who is far below me on the social and capitalist hierarchies in our society.

That being said (the prayer for compassion, that is), I'd like to apologize to Polski and everyone for being more aggressive than usual in this thread. I think I just got caught up in the heat of the moment, and, upset, I typed what I felt. I think we all need to step back and realize that while we demand compassion from Polski, we may not be exercising such compassion towards him. Let us strive to do so from now on.

I will not apologize for what I believe. Only for how I expressed it. I have been less than charitable to Polski, and for that I'm sorry. Forgive me, Polski?

That being said, I will pray for Polski and everyone deeply affected by this thread tonight, and offer up my tiredness in the morning (from staying up until 3:30am; I'm stupid) for y'all.

God bless!

:nun1:

The bolded section is precisely the reason why reading comprehension went out the window with a lot of people on here.

Polski you've said you're willing to go talk to a priest? Always a good idea, show him this thread, then come back.

What would be the point?  When I have time, I will go talk to him and tell him about how I feel about my virginity and the sexual status of my future partner.

I really think the op needs to re-examine his idea of a good spouse. Hymenical privileges shouldn't be on the top of his list. 

Again, virginity is not the only thing I'm looking at.  But it's important enough that it's a deal breaker.  I am the one who will be living with the person for the rest of my life, not you.  I have the right to decide what things are flexible and what things are 100% non-negotiable.  For me, virginity obviously goes in the latter category.

I think we scared off the OP. Then again, who knows if he actually wanted to join the forum vs. post his question.

LMAO yeah right.  I have a lot of other things going on with my life and I'm not devoting my life to this forum.

Witam Polskie Serce : )

Dziękuję, jesteś też Polski?

truthfinder

Well I'm glad that you quote the pleasure over pain part of utilitarianism, but it is so contrary to what Catholic thinking is I cannot fathom why you think it is a good principle. 

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

You people. Reading comprehension! Gr.

I didn't say DESERVE. I said the only people who will WANT to be with a person as ignorant as he, are probably mentally ill. Who would choose to be with someone so ignorant and hateful? Who says, sign me up for the dude whose faith in and desire for a marriage rests primarily on my virginity and his ability to take it? Who says that? Someone who is mentally unstable, probably.

And if you're going to keep posting (especially in response to people who did not engage you), you should probably go back and read. Because YES, sex has been mentioned -- and quite a bit.

Your hero has said over and over again that his desire to take someone's virginity is so strong as to ruin a marriage if his wife had not been when they married. He has portrayed non-virgins as disgusting undesirables. His right, sure, but still hateful. He also compared the mentally ill to rabid dogs.

Most here would agree he has a right to his preferences -- no matter the level of ignorance -- and would probably not think twice about how ridiculous he is IF NOT FOR his attitude. His attitude is the worst part. But then, you probably don't understand how any of this relates to anything since you didn't read the thread. (Still cannot understand why people choose to post on message boards without reading the MESSAGES.)

Have what the good lord gives to you

HisChildForever

I have a lot of other things going on with my life and I'm not devoting my life to this forum.

Yes, I'm sure the search for the woman who fits your ridiculous standards is quite trying.

I'm pretty sure we've answered the purpose of this thread.  On like, page 1.

Where do you go to meet young Catholic virgin girls?  Church.  Church events.  Retreats.  Catholic-y places, obviously.  Like phatmass.  Yeah, sure, there are plenty of girls who were 'raised Catholic' but no longer have anything to do with that.  So look in places that are more hard core.  You'll find plenty of girls who have been earnestly trying to live a moral life their whole lives.  Generation Life, Focus, TEC, Crossroads, etc.  Don't bemoan the scene on your college campus - look for some authentic Catholic young adult groups and join in their activities. You're bound to meet some avvesome single girls, and not all of them will be discerning religious life.  They won't all be virgins, either, of course.  

How do you get such girls to take an interest in you and be willing to date you?   Obviously not by saying, 'I'm looking for a virgin - are you one?'  So this thread has been educational in that regard, as well.  You want to start your married life with a woman who has waited for marriage? Fine.  But if you want to get to the point where she says, 'I do', you might find that there's more to the search than that.  A woman will appreciate being cherished as someone special.  Fulfilling a checklist?  Not so much.  This doesn't mean that you don't have an idea in mind of who you're looking for.  It means that in your approach, you have to consider *that person*, not consult the checklist.  A 'nonnegotiable' means that if you find out about something, you'd no longer pursue a relationship with that person.  You wouldn't give them a chance or try it out or wait and see. And that's fine - you only have to love one person to ask her to marry you.  But asking someone if she is still a virgin is a rather personal question.  Whether the answer is yes or no, she's likely going to be offended if that question arises before some level of trust is established.  And if you ask the question, get a 'no' and then drop her....well, you do realize she's going to tell all of her girlfriends what happened, right?  So you won't have much luck with any of the other girls in that group either.  

What I'm saying in all of this are that relationships are complex, and often people aren't actually ready for a real relationship or marriage even if they think they are.  I know, I know, in the old days, we'd all be married off or old maids by the age of 18.  But for some reason, people in our culture take their time growing up, and not everyone is ready for the love and sacrifice of marriage in their mid-20s.  So if you aren't ready, give it some time, and just enjoy meeting some good Catholic people.  

Not that this thread needed any more commentary.  It's either hilarious or ridiculous that there's 50 pages of this nonsense.  So to contribute to the thread that would not die....

Edited by MithLuin

KnightofChrist

Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...

KnightofChrist

Where are all of these black communities that are safe, stable, and all around nice places to live?  All to often, you have communities with high drug use, violent crime, and instability.  You can park your car out in the street and have it vandalized or be taken to a chop shop.  The ghetto culture in those inner city areas is going to be a huge turn-off for a lot of white people.

So all black communities are unsafe, unstable, and not nice places to live? Their all just a bunch of unstable, violent drug addicts just waiting to steal your car and sell it?

Maybe it's better you don't answer that, and instead you just finally shut up and take your backward butt on someplace else.

LittleWaySoul

Are we talking about the same form of utilitarianism?  Here is the definition from Merriam-Webster online:

a doctrine that the useful is the good and that the determining consideration of right conduct should be the usefulness of its consequences; specifically : a theory that the aim of action should be the largest possible balance of pleasure over pain or the greatest happiness of the greatest number

If we are talking about that idea, then it is simply common sense.  I am standing up for my own interests by adopting this way of thinking.  I am not going to marry down and be with someone who is far below me on the social and capitalist hierarchies in our society.

As a Philosophy major at Franciscan, I'd like to make a clarification on this.

This theory is not just common sense as you say. I took an Ethics class last semester and John Stuart Mill's Utilitarianism was examined and discussed. His basic premise was as you said, "a theory that the aim of action should be the largest possible balance of pleasure over pain or the greatest happiness of the greatest number."

That being said, Mill's theory was the one with the most holes able to be drilled into it by our class of about 4 college students (mostly freshmen). The Catholic Church subscribes more to an Ethical system outlined by Aristotle, or better yet, St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Augustine. Both of which have theories that are extremely contrary to Mill's.

There are many things that are the right thing to do that do not bring the most pleasure over pain for the greatest number of people. Doing the right thing is often hard and seemingly pointless. But that doesn't diminish its virtue.

Again, as a double major in Philosophy and Catholic Theology, I can tell you with absolute certainty that Utilitarianism is far from being a theory accepted by the Church.

Edited by LittleWaySoul

I live in one of those dangerous neighbourhoods in Canada. I used to live in one in Florida. The homelessness, poverty and addiction look the same. The faces are different though. In Florida it was the African Americans. Here it is the Native First Nations people. There are lots of Africans here, except they are all recent immigrants who come full of hope and are incredibly hard working. The Natives gave up hope a long time ago.

We live here because it is close to downtown and very walkable. It's also cheap. That's how we can afford to open our home to lots of kids. I don't fear our neighbors who have list hope, I pity them. I pray for them.

So all black communities are unsafe, unstable, and not nice places to live? Their all just a bunch of unstable, violent drug addicts just waiting to steal your car and sell it?

Maybe it's better you don't answer that, and instead you just finally shut up and take your backward butt on someplace else.

I guess he hasn't been around many black people, especially in inner cities.

Porkface (or whatever the hell your name is) I grew up in Pittsburgh. When my father worked in homestead, I would sometimes also be there. The population is mostly black, and it's a pretty poor town. But, to tell you the truth...those were some of the kindest human beings I had ever come across. Sure, they were poor. But wherever you went, be it a sandwich shop, gas station, wherever, there was a a kind of family bond that you felt. People were warm and friendly. They talked to you. They would listen to you. You could tell, they didn't have a lot money wise...but inside, they were rich. They had something that money couldn't buy; kindness. Maybe they showed it in a different way, but it was still love. Maybe the grocery stores and the gas stations weren't perfect and spic and span, but they would jump to help you at the drop of a feather. 

The idea that just because a person is black and poor, somehow means that they are up to no good, is so undeniably disgusting and racist that it makes me sick. They certainly were not perfect, but if I had to choose between them or you as a friend, I would choose them in a heartbeat, because they aren't stuck up jackasses who think that a black man is hiding behind every bush waiting to kill you or steal from you. The truth is, most of them want to get out of there, stay out of trouble, and don't want to hear whitey telling them how "underpriveleged" they are and how wonderful your life is because you happen to have white skin and live in a nice neighborhood. 

I would seriously love to just drive you to homestead or bloomfield sometime. Not because I think they'd hurt you (they have better things to do then scare a white privelaged misandry maker) but because I would love to see you squirm. It would be entertaining, at least for me.