An Old School Catholic Message Board

Finding Other Catholic Virgins?

polskieserce

I had some opportunities to loose my virginity before, but I did not act on them. 

You're awesome!

PhuturePriest

I find this post to be very rude.  If there is anyone who needs therapy, it is you, because with this rudeness and crankiness at age 25 I fear for anyone whom you will minister to. 

"Back in the day" virginity was a higher priority than it is today.  Notice also that back then we did not have the high rates of promiscuity and cohabitation as we do today (or at least it was not as open or socially accepted).  Correlation?  I think so in the sense that we have lowered our standards on sexual morality.  It's sadder that this lowering of standards has crept into the religious as well; however, it was estimated that the majority of clergy subscribed to the Arian heresy in the 300s, so I guess nothing should surprise me.

I do wonder whether you would have said this to Sister had she been in front of your face.

My educated guess: No.

I do wonder whether you would have said this to Sister had she been in front of your face.

My educated guess: No.

That would probably depend upon how he said it (i.e., his tone, inflections, and body language). Text messaging tends to be very impersonal.

Edited by Apotheoun

Todd, I should tell you that, for some reason, I always read your posts with a British accent.

:|

Todd, I should tell you that, for some reason, I always read your posts with a British accent.

:|

Interesting. I tend read my own posts in Mr. Spock's voice.   :smile3:

Although if you met me in person - and you can ask anyone on my Facebook friends list that I know personally to confirm this - you would find that I punctuate a lot of the things I say with humor (and especially a lot of sarcasm). Just ask any one of my former students.

Edited by Apotheoun

tinytherese

And I never said couples should avoid having sex just because. ;) That said, it still doesn't establish a "right" to have sex for the spouses.

This direction in the debate reminds me of NFP wars.

You're seriously saying St. Paul is saying it's ok to use another person for sex just because you're married to her? You're wrong. Don't defend that position, it's not true.

its a good question.  Do you think St.Paul was saying someone is ok in using their spouse just for sex?

Avoiding the question.  SO I see how hypocritical you are.  You demand answers to your questions but refuse to answer other's questions.  Nice.

I did answer it when I said there is more to marriage than sex.  Isn't it clear?  But, like it or nor, scripture does indeed use the word "debt" or "obligation" (a concept that is foreign to many modern-day Catholics, which probably accounts for the lax Mass attendance on Sundays and HDOs).

I never said that and you know it.  Just because there is more to marriage than sex, one cannot deny the sexual aspect of marriage, otherwise it's not a marriage but rather a couple living as "brother and sister".

Hosea.

Israel was a floozie and God still loved her, aka Hosea.

The story of Hosea is an allegory about God's faithfulness to an unfaithful Jewish people.  It is not meant to be a tool to maniuplate and "guilt" someone into marrying someone incompatible.