An Old School Catholic Message Board

Finding Other Catholic Virgins?

polskieserce

CatholicsAreKewl
Where are all of these black communities that are safe, stable, and all around nice places to live?  All to often, you have communities with high drug use, violent crime, and instability.  You can park your car out in the street and have it vandalized or be taken to a chop shop.  The ghetto culture in those inner city areas is going to be a huge turn-off for a lot of white people.

Meh, I hope you're trolling. See, I like to think that all this talk about whites hating blacks and blacks hating whites is outdated. I imagine that blatently stereotyping whole groups of people is mainly done jocularly. I don't know if I'm right anymore.

My dad lives in an all black neighborhood. It's not poor and I've heard of less crime going on there than in the white wonderland my mom calls home. I've been on at least 30 college campuses. The campus with the nicest people I've ever encountered was at Texas Southern University (one of the nation's largest traditionally black universities). To be honest, I felt safer at this university than at the University of Houston (the much whiter college a few minutes away), and, in my opinion, it looked better too. Be careful not to make such sweepingly general claims. It only takes one post to them fall apart.

Edited by CatholicsAreKewl

You're just lucky Dust has the good sense to stay out of the debate table because he,.....wait for it,...... has a wife and kids that would scare you.

He also has a light moderating touch, so doubt he'd let that motivate him too much. 

The thing about this thread is, while there's been much anger and gnashing of teeth, a lot of this advice is coming from people who do care.  It may not seem like it, but PMers do tend to care (I now await Winchester trolling this line).  They don't want to see people be consumed by what they may perceive as an irrational hate of some type.

IcePrincessKRS
Where are all of these black communities that are safe, stable, and all around nice places to live?  All to often, you have communities with high drug use, violent crime, and instability.  You can park your car out in the street and have it vandalized or be taken to a chop shop.  The ghetto culture in those inner city areas is going to be a huge turn-off for a lot of white people.

If we are talking about that idea, then it is simply common sense.  I am standing up for my own interests by adopting this way of thinking.  I am not going to marry down and be with someone who is far below me on the social and capitalist hierarchies in our society.

tumblr_mjve2rM8n81s85eqbo1_400.gif

I have a lot of other things going on with my life and I'm not devoting my life to this forum.

thank-you-jesus.jpg

IcePrincessKRS

I'm pretty sure we've answered the purpose of this thread.  On like, page 1.

What I'm saying in all of this are that relationships are complex, and often people aren't actually ready for a real relationship or marriage even if they think they are.  I know, I know, in the old days, we'd all be married off or old maids by the age of 18.  But for some reason, people in our culture take their time growing up, and not everyone is ready for the love and sacrifice of marriage in their mid-20s.  So if you aren't ready, give it some time, and just enjoy meeting some good Catholic people.  

Not that this thread needed any more commentary.  It's either hilarious or ridiculous that there's 50 pages of this nonsense.  So to contribute to the thread that would not die....

Again, as a double major in Philosophy and Catholic Theology, I can tell you with absolute certainty that Utilitarianism is far from being a theory accepted by the Church.

I live in one of those dangerous neighbourhoods in Canada. I used to live in one in Florida. The homelessness, poverty and addiction look the same. The faces are different though. In Florida it was the African Americans. Here it is the Native First Nations people. There are lots of Africans here, except they are all recent immigrants who come full of hope and are incredibly hard working. The Natives gave up hope a long time ago.

We live here because it is close to downtown and very walkable. It's also cheap. That's how we can afford to open our home to lots of kids. I don't fear our neighbors who have list hope, I pity them. I pray for them.

I guess he hasn't been around many black people, especially in inner cities.

Porkface (or whatever the hell your name is) I grew up in Pittsburgh. When my father worked in homestead, I would sometimes also be there. The population is mostly black, and it's a pretty poor town. But, to tell you the truth...those were some of the kindest human beings I had ever come across. Sure, they were poor. But wherever you went, be it a sandwich shop, gas station, wherever, there was a a kind of family bond that you felt. People were warm and friendly. They talked to you. They would listen to you. You could tell, they didn't have a lot money wise...but inside, they were rich. They had something that money couldn't buy; kindness. Maybe they showed it in a different way, but it was still love. Maybe the grocery stores and the gas stations weren't perfect and spic and span, but they would jump to help you at the drop of a feather. 

Meh, I hope you're trolling. See, I like to think that all this talk about whites hating blacks and blacks hating whites is outdated. I imagine that blatently stereotyping whole groups of people is mainly done jocularly. I don't know if I'm right anymore.

I edited large chunks out of all these posts to save space. Really, I just want to give you all bucket loads of props.

Edited by IcePrincessKRS

polskieserce

I will post a more detailed answer to this nonsense tomorrow.  I had a busy day and I'm heading to bed now.  More info TBA...

I will post a more detailed answer to this nonsense tomorrow.  I had a busy day and I'm heading to bed now.  More info TBA...

We eagerly await your return to explain to us why thinking that claiming out loud that you will be satisfied by taking someone's virginity doesn't set off any red flags.

This will auto-lock at 50 pages, yes?

It still requires someone to hit the button.  But I fully intend to hit the button at 50...

It still requires someone to hit the button. But I fully intend to hit the button at 50...

I see. Well, close enough. I'm afraid that if this closes, we'll just have another 50 page behemoth on our hands. Who knows.

CatholicsAreKewl

It still requires someone to hit the button.  But I fully intend to hit the button at 50...

Lol, would you be upset if I made a part II?

Lol, would you be upset if I made a part II?

Some people just want to watch the world burn. St. Ignatius comes to mind.