An Old School Catholic Message Board

Finding Other Catholic Virgins?

polskieserce

You know, if people had just stayed on topic and given him advice on where to meet them and not give him grief for wanting someone equal to him in the virginity department (which happened practically immediately after his first post), things would not have turned ugly like they did.

I hope youse are all proud of yourselves.

Not really. I feel bad with how this played out, because, other than agitating everyone, nothing good came of this. I still think that what was said was valid, even if it was lacking in delivery. Chalk that up to the limitations of the Internet and original sin.

Seriously? I think we've all made it perfectly clear that it's FINE to desire a virgin spouse. But it's NOT FINE to demand a virgin spouse as if you're entitled to a piece of property. And it's NOT FINE to lump all non-virgin women into the hoe-bag category, or to speak of them as if they're sub-human. It's also NOT FINE to demand that the spouse ALSO be white, tall, no history of mental illness/present medications (even if it's something so common as an antidepressant or benzo), wealthy, and whatever other non-negotiables he has on his little checklist.

You clearly just don't understand that it's the OP's attitude we have a problem with.

Lastly, you're just as bad - you're obviously implying that all American Catholics are liberals? I'm an American Catholic and I have very high standards, thanks.

Oh come on now - he was being criticized and questioned right after his opening post, before he posted anything here regarding rape, race, and mental illness.

And I find it interesting - no, disgusting - that people are criticizing him for holding against someone something in their past that they HAD CONTROL OVER, but yet someone posted that his parents' divorce - something he had NO CONTROL OVER - should serve as a "red flag".  Talk about people's brains being screwed on backwards. 

Oh come on now - he was being criticized and questioned right after his opening post, before he posted anything here regarding rape, race, and mental illness.

And I find it interesting - no, disgusting - that people are criticizing him for holding against someone something in their past that they HAD CONTROL OVER, but yet someone posted that his parents' divorce - something he had NO CONTROL OVER - should serve as a "red flag". Talk about people's brains being screwed on backwards.

You don't have control over being raped. Or the different medicinal reasons that would cause a woman's hymen to not be in the "pure, virginal" state DEMANDED by the OP. I put "virginal" because his definition of virginity differs from that of Catholic Tradition, hymen loss=/= virginity loss. you must have missed those posts.

Unrelated to the topic at hand, tried to pm you on a different subject. Might want to clear the inbox. Edited by Amppax

Unrelated to the topic at hand, tried to pm you on a different subject. Might want to clear the inbox.

???

I did...maybe something else going on.

You don't have control over being raped. Or the different medicinal reasons that would cause a woman's hymen to not be in the "pure, virginal" state DEMANDED by the OP. I put "virginal" because his definition of virginity differs from that of Catholic Tradition, hymen loss=/= virginity loss. you must have missed those posts.

He was criticized for holding a woman's past against her, which indicates it was regarding the things she did have control over.

So all black communities are unsafe, unstable, and not nice places to live? Their all just a bunch of unstable, violent drug addicts just waiting to steal your car and sell it?

Maybe it's better you don't answer that, and instead you just finally shut up and take your backward butt on someplace else.

I live in Chicago, and from personal experience, if a community is integrated (like mine is to a certain extant), then yes, I can feel safe (safe enough to have not locked my door when taking my dog for a walk).  The problem is that the violent crime I hear about on the news is by and large in the non-integrated neighborhoods.

HisChildForever

He was criticized for holding a woman's past against her, which indicates it was regarding the things she did have control over.

Newsflash, everyone sins. And everyone has that one vice they struggle with. Also - amazingly - people DO repent and commit to a new life in Christ.

Newsflash, everyone sins. And everyone has that one vice they struggle with. Also - amazingly - people DO repent and commit to a new life in Christ.

So we are wrong to hold that against someone, but it's okay to hold against someone something they have NO CONTROL OVER (like parents' divorce)?