An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Do Believers Come To Terms With The Glaring Misogyny In The Bible?

Medic

sorry my last post was kinda mean, tried to delete it, but the time passed.

I just don't think you're interested in real dialogue other for the purpose of pwning n00bs and scoring points. Maybe in time you will be.

say what you what, I made valid points that were pushed aside, and I'm very amused at the speculations that I'm suffering from pain, yet another attempt by people here, to think they are getting one over on an atheist....no the fact is I simply read the bible, studied the origins of Christianity, compared it with other religions at the time of it's foundation. ....but think what you will.

say what you what, I made valid points that were pushed aside, and I'm very amused at the speculations that I'm suffering from pain, yet another attempt by people here, to think they are getting one over on an atheist....no the fact is I simply read the bible, studied the origins of Christianity, compared it with other religions at the time of it's foundation. ....but think what you will.

Like any good Protestant. Did you also study the Church Fathers and the teachings of the Holy Synods? Or did you just accept the Protestant idea that the Scripture alone established the faith of the ancient Church?

Edited by Apotheoun

You didn't provide evidence in your first post for the so called "misogyny". How can anyone reply seriously? after all we don't see any misogyny.

If you see misogyny, then you're probably interpreting Scripture incorrectly.

Misogyny: "hatred of women"

God doesn't hate

Therefore He doesn't hate women

Catechism teaches men and women have equal dignity as children of God

Regarding 'submission', the Bible also says that husbands must love their wives as Christ has loved the Church. Think about how Christ has loved the Church (dying for the Church, giving Himself to the Church), and it would make more sense.

This type of submission is not hateful, misogynist, or against human dignity, but simply points to how men and women are *different*. Children of God but different.

Why do people today try to get rid of all distinctions? They're found in creation.

But since you didn't give any examples, I can't respond beyond this.

I gave several examples, people just choose to ignore them...want to know what they are then scroll back up the thread, because im not going to sit and and retype everything all over again...I wouldn't ask you do it, because I know how annoying it is....

havok579257

you haven't even posed a question about specific scripture.  you have not proved much besides insults to this thread.  So are you ever going to actually pose a specific question or just complain you can't copy and paste even though Winchester showed you how to copy and paste.

Like any good Protestant. Did you also study the Church Fathers and the teachings of the Holy Synods? Or did you just accept the Protestant idea that the Scripture alone established the faith of the ancient Church?

you mean the extra stuff they make up that's not in the bible? ....sure....they made up lots of stuff not present in the bible....it's what  men that seek to obtain control over the masses do....

havok579257

I gave several examples, people just choose to ignore them...want to know what they are then scroll back up the thread, because im not going to sit and and retype everything all over again...I wouldn't ask you do it, because I know how annoying it is....

you never gave any examples at all, hence why no one has responded to you in a meaningful way.

Well, I haven't read all 22 pages of this thread, and I really don't want to wade through it, so maybe Medic could recap the main scriptural texts he (or she) has a problem with so that we can see if the charge of misogyny (hatred of women) is true or not.

you haven't even posed a question about specific scripture.  you have not proved much besides insults to this thread.  So are you ever going to actually pose a specific question or just complain you can't copy and paste even though Winchester showed you how to copy and paste.

last time im typing this out, I gave examples, I provided chapter and verse, if you are too lazy to scroll back up and read it, then its not my problem...you ignored it the first time what should make me think you just wouldn't ignore it again....

you mean the extra stuff they make up that's not in the bible? ....sure....they made up lots of stuff not present in the bible....it's what  men that seek to obtain control over the masses do....

No, I mean the extra stuff (i.e., the Kerygma and Dogma) that has always been a part of the Church's faith. After all the New Testament was written by the members of the already existing Church, and it is the Church herself (in synod), and not merely disparate individuals picking whatever they liked at a given time, that established the Biblical canon.

Edited by Apotheoun

No, I mean the extra stuff (i.e., the Kerygma and Dogma) that has always been a part of the Church's faith. After all the New Testament was written by the members of the already existing Church, and it is the Church herself (in synod), and not merely disparate individuals picking whatever they liked at a given time, that established the Biblical canon.

yes the biblical canon was voted on by committee, yup, that sure sounds divinely inspired to me....

havok579257

last time im typing this out, I gave examples, I provided chapter and verse, if you are too lazy to scroll back up and read it, then its not my problem...you ignored it the first time what should make me think you just wouldn't ignore it again....

poor you, everyone ignored what you said because it was so thoughtful and well written.  you never gave specific examples and why you claim they are hateful to women.  you gave broad questions, nothing specific.  then you would never say why you believed said scripture was hateful to women.

so if you are actually here to debate and engage in thoughtful discussion then let's get this back on track.  what exact scripture are you confused about and why do you think its hateful toward women?

either do this or don't and show everyone you really have no interest in debating and are only on here to try to being hurtful.  pick one. 

havok579257

yes the biblical canon was voted on by committee, yup, that sure sounds divinely inspired to me....

nothing sounds divinely inspired to you, so that was a useless statement.

poor you, everyone ignored what you said because it was so thoughtful and well written.  you never gave specific examples and why you claim they are hateful to women.  you gave broad questions, nothing specific.  then you would never say why you believed said scripture was hateful to women.

so if you are actually here to debate and engage in thoughtful discussion then let's get this back on track.  what exact scripture are you confused about and why do you think its hateful toward women?

either do this or don't and show everyone you really have no interest in debating and are only on here to try to being hurtful.  pick one. 

no my little simpleton, all you have to do is read the passages I posted, it should be obvious if you read....I notice this is a recurring theme in this forum, you cite passages, give examples of the treatment of women in the bible and the faithful here must close their eyes and say "where? where? I didn't see anything you didn't give any examples" . take your little finger put it on your mouse button and click.....

nothing sounds divinely inspired to you, so that was a useless statement.

your presence in this thread is useless....