An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Do Believers Come To Terms With The Glaring Misogyny In The Bible?

Medic

this is exactly what I mean by atheist have no common sense.  your being insulting in this very post and you don't even know it.  its sad really.

atheism is growing.  really.  they just had a piece on cnn about the decline of atheism.  although I am sure you will find a reason to discredit that because we all know catholic church and liberal media are partners.

ok you are ignorant and that is not an insult, just the truth you came in here insulting me...tell ya what,, read what you typed to me and then really think about it...I really have nothing more to say to you as you appear to be some pre-teen making some asinine argument trying to make yourself seem overly pious....good luck with that..have a nice life....ta ta for now little one...

lol, are you serious.  your going grammer Nazi on me.  oh my, using grammer on the internet as an insult.... I wasn't wrong, you have no common sense.  common sense would let someone know not to use Hitler or grammer on the internet in a debate.  It shows they lack common sense and intelligence and have no leg to stand on.  I can honestly say I now know what kind of person I am dealing with.  This is funny. 

you don't get the irony you call me stupid and ignorant but yet you don't know the difference between your and you're....go away little fella...

lol, are you serious.  your going grammer Nazi on me.  oh my, using grammer on the internet as an insult.... I wasn't wrong, you have no common sense.  common sense would let someone know not to use Hitler or grammer on the internet in a debate.  It shows they lack common sense and intelligence and have no leg to stand on.  I can honestly say I now know what kind of person I am dealing with.  This is funny. 

psst....one more thing....its grammar.....;) knowing is half the battle :)

Medic.Been accused of being the same person is either a tactic to anger and belittle our opinion or complete foolishness. It's quite clear from the way we use words and our grammar that we are not the same person. You use bigger words whereas I say things more poetically. There's one way to prove this. We can both enter the chat roo at the same time and have a good banter. Then again mate, some people are so blind they will still believe the screwed up voices in their head.

SEXISM & CHILD ABUSE WITHIN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH - ITS ALL OVER THE NEWS - EVERYONE KNOWS IT'S TRUE

Instead of trying to deny it exists perhaps you theists should tell us what you're doing to root it out.

Why not burn all the hate filled holy books and start again.

Why not sell up all them church owned properties and antiquities to feed the hungry.

Why not admit that child abuse is rampant throughout the church and put into place a serious, transparrent and fair investigation.

Why not stop being so secretive and open up your secret libraries and wrong doings of the past.

Let's face it. If your so called god had any shred of decency these things would have been done years ago. Maybe they wouldn't of happened in the first place if the church was actually moral and just.

PS sorry about three posts in a row

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

1. Wherever they burn books they will also burn men.

2. The holy catholic church is in aover 2 billion dollars debt a year internationaly, feeding,clothing and educating the poor.

3. Child abusers may burn in hell i don't know. Jesus says it is better for a man to have a boulder tied around his neck and cast into the bottom of the ocean then be the cause of fall of any of these little ones. I guess this fate is a better fate than facing the resurection/final judgement. And i seriously doubt pedophilia is rampart in the holy catholic church.

4. The holy catholic church isn't perfect and has made mistakes, but it is Gods will for the church to be perfect,to keep this in mind. And what about psychiatrist whom have to keep secrets?

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

The church individually and sometimes communally doesn't achieve that which GOD wills for her.

1. I've burnt a bible and I still smile about it now. Put that in your pipe and smoke it god.

2. The catholic church is facing serious financial problems brough about by it's own mismangement and corruption but then again I was talking about Assets.

3. So you do have some doubt about child abuse being rampant in the church but you still subscribe to it without being 100% clear.

4. It's no where near perfect. Why not rephrase that and say "The chuirch isn't completely evil but with a bit of jiggery pokery here and there we're getting there"

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

So Quinn, i'm interested to know what made you so passionate about your beliefs about the holy catholic church, were you perhaps raised that way, or just talking to Christians or the media. I would like to know just to understand where your coming from, not attack you, i'm not a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye