An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Do Believers Come To Terms With The Glaring Misogyny In The Bible?

Medic

HisChildForever

so you are saying the jews were the chosen of god because the bible says so?.......lets see....who wrote the bible?

Im not trying to be vitriolic, but I don't know of any other way to put it....

That's because what you're missing is belief in the faith. If you genuinely want to understand Judaism, and or Christianity, you have to study it not as a non-believer who finds the faith "absurd" but as a person with a simple interest in learning why Jews and Christians believe what they do. We believe that the writers of the Bible were the pen, but God the hand. Because you don't believe that, of course it sounds ridiculous. But perhaps if you approached things differently, it'd be easier for you to see why we believe what we do.

HisChildForever

if you want to consider they were using such a hateful god to justify their barbaric behavior against other cultures/tribes...then yes it is

a legitimate explanation.

Then it's not God who's the misogynist but the Jews. So it seems you already had your answer, so there was no need to make a thread on it.

That's because what you're missing is belief in the faith. If you genuinely want to understand Judaism, and or Christianity, you have to study it not as a non-believer who finds the faith "absurd" but as a person with a simple interest in learning why Jews and Christians believe what they do. We believe that the writers of the Bible were the pen, but God the hand. Because you don't believe that, of course it sounds ridiculous. But perhaps if you approached things differently, it'd be easier for you to see why we believe what we do.

oh on the contrary, I am a former believer, was baptized when I was 18 attended church every sunday and bible studies...to assume I have always been an atheist is what most do,

Then it's not God who's the misogynist but the Jews. So it seems you already had your answer, so there was no need to make a thread on it.

which means the jews made up the god to further their primitive agendas......do you get it now?

because generally people aren't normally sadistic and cruel...its takes a supreme being supporting their endeavors to give them permission to act in such a barbaric way...It gave them free reign to act as such because "god was in their corner"....

HisChildForever

oh on the contrary, I am a former believer, was baptized when I was 18 attended church every sunday and bible studies...to assume I have always been an atheist is what most do,

I really don't care what you believed (or didn't believe) in the past. I'm addressing you as you are now.

which means the jews made up the god to further their primitive agendas......do you get it now?

You clearly know everything. So why make this thread if you have all the answers? Why do you even care what us cretins think?

HisChildForever

perhaps to enlighten you ;)

This is why you joined Phatmass? Why do you feel you have something to prove? And are you trying to prove it to us - or yourself?

This is why you joined Phatmass? Why do you feel you have something to prove? And are you trying to prove it to us - or yourself?

no I answered your sarcastic question with my own sarcasm...

Edited by Medic

HisChildForever

no I answered your sarcastic question with my own sarcasm...

Too bad I wasn't being sarcastic.

I don't know why you joined Phatmass.

I was quoting you...or don't you remember what you type from one second to the other.....