An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Do Believers Come To Terms With The Glaring Misogyny In The Bible?

Medic

HisChildForever

one tiny question who claimed god made the jews his chosen people?

God made the claim: "For you are a people holy to the Lord, your God; the Lord, your God, has chosen you from all the peoples on the face of the earth to be a people specially his own." - Deuteronomy 14:2.

With all due respect, I saw an earlier post of yours criticizing a Christian on here for not knowing his Bible, or rather having read it. But this - the Jew's being God's chosen people - is a very basic understanding of the Old Testament.

god made the claim...?   oh please don't resort to the bible proves the bible....that's circular reasoning....

HisChildForever

are you really asking me for a source the other religions existed prior to Judaism? that the bible wasn't the first religious text ever written?

Of course not. You made the assertion that Judaism/Christianity "stole" from other religions, and I said if you'd like to supply a source supporting that it'd be fine, but I'm really not interested.

do you want me to provide sources that disagree with you?

I'm married to a witch, and intimately familiar with the claims Gardner made. It's a hodgpodge of real beliefs, Shakespeare, and made up crap that sounded cool to him. It's new.

ok I can see you are getting testy....and they did plagiarize other religions...Im not going through this again....if you bothered to study the history of Christianity this wouldn't even be an issue...so stay disinterested....have a good evening.

I'm married to a witch, and intimately familiar with the claims Gardner made. It's a hodgpodge of real beliefs, Shakespeare, and made up croutons that sounded cool to him. It's new.

all gods are born in the minds of men.....

HisChildForever

god made the claim...?   oh please don't resort to the bible proves the bible....that's circular reasoning....

Then you have been using circular reasoning this entire time. 

HisChildForever

ok I can see you are getting testy....and they did plagiarize other religions...Im not going through this again....if you bothered to study the history of Christianity this wouldn't even be an issue...so stay disinterested....have a good evening.

Uh, I'm not "testy" at all. I'm totally relaxed. Just had some tea. I actually thought we were having a decent conversation, but if you want to check out that's fine too.

Then you have been using circular reasoning this entire time. 

actually no I haven't I haven't used one singular text that makes a claim to prove the claim of said text...that has been your job for the past 20 minutes...im not using the bible to prove the bible....it's absurd.

Uh, I'm not "testy" at all. I'm totally relaxed. Just had some tea. I actually thought we were having a decent conversation, but if you want to check out that's fine too.

I'm having tea, too! And Bailey's works in tea.

you plainly said you weren't interested in the things I had to provide to support my case....do I need to copy and paste it?

HisChildForever

you plainly said you weren't interested in the things I had to provide to support my case....do I need to copy and paste it?

I'm not interested in discussing something off-topic. The focus here is on the supposed misogyny of the Bible, as well as God's character/personality in the Bible. If you'd like to talk about Judaism/Christianity as some knock-off religion then make a new topic.

I'm not interested in discussing something off-topic. The focus here is on the supposed misogyny of the Bible, as well as God's character/personality in the Bible. If you'd like to talk about Judaism/Christianity as some knock-off religion then make a new topic.

I just followed the conversation in the direction you took it...