An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Do Believers Come To Terms With The Glaring Misogyny In The Bible?

Medic

HisChildForever

actually no I haven't I haven't used one singular text that makes a claim to prove the claim of said text...that has been your job for the past 20 minutes...im not using the bible to prove the bible....it's absurd.

According to you, the Judeo-Christian God is misogynist, and a killer, and whatever else you've been saying. In order to prove this, you refer to the Bible. You're turning to the Bible to prove [your beliefs in] the God of the Bible.

According to you, the Judeo-Christian God is misogynist, and a killer, and whatever else you've been saying. In order to prove this, you refer to the Bible. You're turning to the Bible to prove [your beliefs in] the God of the Bible.

I also referring to preexisting pagan observances..you just decided to ignore those examples...

HisChildForever

I also referring to preexisting pagan observances..you just decided to ignore those examples...

Pre-existing pagan observances cited the Judeo-Christian God as a misogynist killer? Now I have to see this.

Pre-existing pagan observances cited the Judeo-Christian God as a misogynist killer? Now I have to see this.

ok fine, you stated that god made the jews his chosen people....prove it.....

the jews are the chosen of god because the jews wrote a book saying they were the chosen of god.....does that about sum it up?

HisChildForever

ok fine, you stated that god made the jews his chosen people....prove it.....

I showed you. You don't have to believe it - you don't have to believe anything in the Bible. I'm not asking you to. I'm certainly not trying to "prove" anything. I just explained, that's all. This is a basic tenet in the Judeo-Christian faith. Of course Catholics also have Sacred Tradition which address this.

so you are saying the jews were the chosen of god because the bible says so?.......lets see....who wrote the bible?

HisChildForever

the jews are the chosen of god because the jews wrote a book saying they were the chosen of god.....does that about sum it up?

God is a misogynist killer because the Jews wrote a book about God being a misogynist killer. Sum it up?

God is a misogynist killer because the Jews wrote a book about God being a misogynist killer. Sum it up?

if you want to consider they were using such a hateful god to justify their barbaric behavior against other cultures/tribes...then yes it is

a legitimate explanation.

Edited by Medic