An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Do Believers Come To Terms With The Glaring Misogyny In The Bible?

Medic

I really don't care what you believed (or didn't believe) in the past. I'm addressing you as you are now.

You clearly know everything. So why make this thread if you have all the answers? Why do you even care what us cretins think?

does this ring a bell....

Now this is just getting sad.

it sure is.....you are the one who initially said."you clearly know everything": then get offended when I parrot the same thing back to you....very sad indeed. such self righteous indignation.

Edited by Medic

HisChildForever

it sure is.....you are the one who initially said."you clearly know everything": then get offended when I parrot the same thing back to you....very sad indeed. such self righteous indignation.

It's funny how quick you are to jump on people. I know that I initially said that. I replied to your little parrot with a question you refused to acknowledge earlier. My purpose was to be both a snide jerk and an inquisitor. And it's just really, really sad that I had to explain that.

HisChildForever

what question did I "refuse to acknowledge"?

...This coming from the dude who snarked at my short-term memory.

It's funny how quick you are to jump on people. I know that I initially said that. I replied to your little parrot with a question you refused to acknowledge earlier. My purpose was to be both a snide jerk and an inquisitor. And it's just really, really sad that I had to explain that.

you are the one that came across as over defensive....im sorry if you thought I ignored your question, but as far as I can tell from going back and re-reading the thread,,I addressed everything that was asked of me.....I haven't attacked you at all, I have attacked the bible and the deity...why you take that as a personal affront... I don't know...you need to separate yourself from the deity I am speaking of....it is not an insult toward you...although I realize that believers have a hard time understanding that....

...This coming from the dude who snarked at my short-term memory.

If I have failed to address a question you asked of me then copy and paste it...I re-read the thread and I see nothing....If I am wrong then I will admit my mistake...

HisChildForever

you are the one that came across as over defensive....im sorry if you thought I ignored your question, but as far as I can tell from going back and re-reading the thread,,I addressed everything that was asked of me.....I haven't attacked you at all, I have attacked the bible and the deity...why you take that as a personal affront... I don't know...you need to separate yourself from the deity I am speaking of....it is not an insult toward you...although I realize that believers have a hard time understanding that....

Word of advice, don't insult someone after saying you weren't trying to offend them.

HisChildForever

If I have failed to address a question you asked of me then copy and paste it...I re-read the thread and I see nothing....If I am wrong then I will admit my mistake...

I genuinely want to know why you joined this forum. 

Vincent Vega

You're really enforcing the stereotype of the bitter atheist. :/ Too bad, I like the engaging ones.

so you consider my questioning the bible and the benevolence of god as a personal attack upon you...nice to know....no ad hominem attacks took place....I think you are really reaching....it is the believers curse..they cant separate themselves from god when it comes to criticizing the deity....

I genuinely want to know why you joined this forum. 

to debate....hence the name of this particular forum....

You're really enforcing the stereotype of the bitter atheist. :/ Too bad, I like the engaging ones.

really...after all the abuse I have taken throughout the commentary of this thread you want to call ME bitter?.....interesting...