An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Do Believers Come To Terms With The Glaring Misogyny In The Bible?

Medic

Vincent Vega

really...after all the abuse I have taken throughout the commentary of this thread you want to call ME bitter?.....interesting...

I've posted several level-headed, non-inflammatory posts, and you have failed to respond to any of them. Also, presuming you're the grown man in your avatar, you ought to know better than to come into somewhere guns blazing and not expect return fire...

the name calling...(jack ass) (troll) ...it doesn't bother me ....I responded in kind to the people that were rude from the start...

I've posted several level-headed, non-inflammatory posts, and you have failed to respond to any of them. Also, presuming you're the grown man in your avatar, you ought to know better than to come into somewhere guns blazing and not expect return fire...

you weren't addressing me....I found no reason to engage you in a dialogue until now...

HisChildForever

to debate....hence the name of this particular forum....

Why are you interested in debating?

HisChildForever

the name calling...(jack ass) (troll) ...it doesn't bother me ....I responded in kind to the people that were rude from the start...

How about this. I wasn't rude at all. In fact we were having a pretty decent discussion. Then you mistook something I said as sarcasm. (The first time I genuinely asked why you joined the forum.) I told you I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. So you then referred to "it" (my non-sarcasm, genuine question) as "bitchiness." Real nice.

Why are you interested in debating?

for the same reason you agreed to have this discourse with me...to present ideas....accept some....reject others....and before you say it..I didn't dimiss all of you arguments...you initially started out with very interesting points...but then it went south from my perspective.

Vincent Vega

you weren't addressing me....I found no reason to engage you in a dialogue until now...

I assumed that since I was responding to the topic at hand in a thread that you posted, you would infer that I was, if not addressing you directly, addressing anybody interested in the topic (among whom I had presumed you would count yourself).

How about this. I wasn't rude at all. In fact we were having a pretty decent discussion. Then you mistook something I said as sarcasm. (The first time I genuinely asked why you joined the forum.) I told you I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. So you then referred to "it" (my non-sarcasm, genuine question) as "bitchiness." Real nice.

so tell me how is one to take the statement "clearly you know everything"....I don't know about you....but to me and Im sure many others that reeks of a sarcastic tone...

HisChildForever

for the same reason you agreed to have this discourse with me...to present ideas....accept some....reject others....and before you say it..I didn't dimiss all of you arguments...you initially started out with very interesting points...[b]but then it went south from my perspective.[/b]

I wonder why.

so tell me how is one to take the statement "clearly you know everything"....I don't know about you....but to me and Im sure many others that reeks of a sarcastic tone...

I assumed that since I was responding to the topic at hand in a thread that you posted, you would infer that I was, if not addressing you directly, addressing anybody interested in the topic (among whom I had presumed you would count yourself).

if you haven't noticed atheists get ganged up on here....I saw some of your responses that you directed toward someone else....I didn't consider responding to something that was clearly pointed at someone else..

Edited by Medic

I wonder why.

it all happened when you retorted "clearly you know everything"....obviously it was uncalled for...