An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink: Thread Of Randomness (mk.iii)

arfink

on the posting front, sounds like you discovered lunch hour on the east coast!  and coffee break on the west coast!!!!

As far as that frozen shower idea....

KKKKKold!  that is crazy man!     You are CRAZY to do that to yourself!

AND... why waste all that perfectly good water when there is a TON (literally) of snow for you to roll in!

As far as either idea... uh uh, ain't gonna do it.  NO WAY!

Edited by AnneLine

Yes go use the perfectly good snow.

Or if that doesn't work think about this:

The heroic minute. It is the time fixed for getting up. Without hesitation: a supernatural reflection and... up! The heroic minute: here you have a mortification that strengthens your will and does no harm to your body.

-Josemaria Escriva

Yup, it's basically 6 ways to fold a pallium. In the top left it shows the earliest known way of wearing it, as discovered from paintings in Ravenna. Then moving to the right and then down they progress in age until you get to the final one which is the most modern pallium.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHxH0kkXWpY[/media]

This song rocks, and somehow reminds me of my sunny visit to San Francisco, which was one year ago today.

DSCN2616.JPG

DSCN2671.JPG

That's my mountain, ARFink.... and the redwood trees near the Transamerica pyramid.....

I hadn't realized it was Feb 6 when you arrived.... San Franciscans LOOOOOVE St. Agatha's day because we have had snow on her day TWICE!  (We get excited about snow... but did you bring any from MinneSNOWta, no.

And do we have any today?  No.... we're having a drought... sunny days and warm nights.

Yup, I know you are sad for us.... ;)

San Bruno Mountain (I live on the other side of this...)

2371714793_8bc6249c5e_b.jpg?w=500&h=330

San Francisco seen from our mountain....

SanBrunoMountain2.jpg

You took your photo from the top side of this photo... not exactly where the arrow is, but close!

555%20Washington.jpg

COME BACK... and bring the PLOOMF with you!!!!!!

I'd love to some day. :) I was pressured into buying a $5 raffle ticket for a $25,000 prize by my little brother who was selling them for school. Maybe if I win we'll come out to see you. ;)

Edited by arfink

San Bruno Mountain (I live on the other side of this...)

2371714793_8bc6249c5e_b.jpg?w=500&h=330

San Francisco seen from our mountain....

SanBrunoMountain2.jpg

You took your photo from the top side of this photo... not exactly where the arrow is, but close!

555%20Washington.jpg

That would be so cool! Hopefully someday we'll be able to come out there. :)

It is now 190 days until our wedding! ;) So excited! :bounce:  Hall and church are booked, caterer picked, photographer picked, save the dates have been sent, and I'm going dress shopping this weekend! It's all starting to come together. :woot:

20140208_195807.jpg

On the left you can see an engraving done with the new tube and properly cleaned optics. On the right you can see the clearly sub-standard results I was getting with an old worn-out laser tube and dirty smoke-stained optics. Quite the improvement! The proper engraving is darker and richer in contrast while also being sharper and having better depth of cut. You can't see it in the pictures, but the edges are also much cleaner and a nicer golden color instead of being blackened from mis-adjustment.