An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink: Thread Of Randomness (mk.iii)

arfink

Ummmm oook.....

This is my kind of humor on days when I'm tired. Just sayin. :hehe:

By the way, your goodies are in the mail. You should see them in 2 USPS operating days.

Gosh darn, I wish I had the money and space for this. It's beautiful.

01616_adEHGmypZ1d_600x450.jpg

00404_4r3IQuGo1ea_600x450.jpg

00a0a_6f1woCN4LGI_600x450.jpg

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/hvo/4308283087.html

Seriously. 2 KILOWATTS of laser power. It can punch through a 1/4" of stainless steel and over 1/2" of mild steel. 60" x 120" bed, which can hold 960lbs.

The only problems besides the cost would be that it weighs 30,000 pounds and needs 230v 3 phase power. Serious industrial stuff, that.

To give an idea, this kind of capitol equipment usually costs more than a house. This one is being sold for the cost of a nice car.

Are you Lusting after that equipment?  

You better be nice to your laser or it will get jealous and go out on you again, ARFink!

twotubes.jpg

Well, as a close second, I might want to locate an employer who already has this kind of capital equipment and who can pay me to play with it operate and maintain it for them.

I found this interesting image of what appears to be a "production" artist; someone who does fliers or ads or sign painting on a tight deadline.

MZJIIQP.jpg

It's from the "KCN (Potassium Cyanide)" collection by an artist from Taiwan. These are highly stylized images depicting life in WWII Japan. As such, many of the images contain symbols of great nationalist pride while also showing symbols of masked and dark intentions and of their deadly "dance" with power, genocide, and corruption.

http://imgur.com/a/GKfgS?gallery

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwGYeVpaC9g[/media]

I'm back. I was out sick with gallstones. It was very very painful and not fun at all. I'm recovering alright though, subsisting on jello for the moment. Thanks for all the prayers. :heart:

Edited by arfink

Been there done that; yes it is not fun. Glad you're recovering. My cousin just had emergency surgery last week (or two weeks ago?)

Been there done that; yes it is not fun. Glad you're recovering. My cousin just had emergency surgery last week (or two weeks ago?)

My doctor very nearly called in emergency surgery for me, he said he literally had the surgeons on the phone, trying to figure out what times they had open. That was because my white blood cell count was through the roof, and he was worried about gallbladder blockage causing liver damage. I still very well might have surgery, but it'll be an elective outpatient thing. I need to meet with the surgeon to discuss risks and options and so on, but right now it seems probable I'll just have it done.