An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink: Thread Of Randomness (mk.iii)

arfink

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwGYeVpaC9g[/media]

Mr. AL has a question -- on the video ^^^  --- is that 'real' or CGI?  Whatever, it is DARLING!

I'm back. I was out sick with gallstones. It was very very painful and not fun at all. I'm recovering alright though, subsisting on jello for the moment. Thanks for all the prayers.  :heart:

Well, we are glad you are back ONLY with war stories!    Will pray for you to make good decisions on next steps.

You can tell Mr. AL that is real! There is apparently an island near Japan which has been overrun with the little guys, and they are extremely friendly and follow people around in herds.

I am SO GLAD that they are real!!!!  To me they and the girl's joy are the signs of the GOOD spirit, the joy that comes from God.

When I think of CGI Bunnies, they don't seem to have the spirit of Good in them.   Instead, I think of this... and I use it to illustrate how to make 'evil spirits' go away -- by laughing at them.  (I don't think the Evil One has any sense of pure and holy joy NOR of real humor!)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2A_DrQamYM[/media]

I can just see the devil saying, All right!  Alright!  Make it stop!!!!!!

(and in TRUE evil spirit fashion, they try to sell you something ELSE you don't need!!!!)  

Baaaah! GO AWAY Evil Spirits!!!!  

Bring back more cute BUNNIES!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD9xQaDAuQw[/media]

Edited by AnneLine

Fink I am glad you didn't have to have emergency surgery! Gall stones are no fun. My mom had some and it caused her lots of pain until they were able to remove it.

My doctor very nearly called in emergency surgery for me, he said he literally had the surgeons on the phone, trying to figure out what times they had open. That was because my white blood cell count was through the roof, and he was worried about gallbladder blockage causing liver damage. I still very well might have surgery, but it'll be an elective outpatient thing. I need to meet with the surgeon to discuss risks and options and so on, but right now it seems probable I'll just have it done.

So glad you know what is going on and that it wasn't as serious as it could have been!!

But...

Does this mean I don't get my free Polycarp thing this month? I was planning to win. :sad2:

Well, I still haven't drawn him yet, and Ploomf hasn't picked the victor yet either. :P I've just been real messed up this month so far. Hopefully I can get back on track really fast.

I likey:

7otiBMG.jpg

But I gotta say, if Mr. Gallbladder no likey, then maybe I have to make him go on long walk off a short pier...

The Don Corleone method of dealing with a rival to the Pizza Family?   Taking him on a LONNNNG sea voyage?

I don't know if you'd be able to have extensive interaction with the Pizza Family even without Mr. GB....   may be some residual restrictions..... truth in advertizing, sadly....  but maybe people know for sure?

Edited by AnneLine

20140219_213401.jpg

I got some 2x2 specialty acrylic sample chips from a place called Galaxy Plastic and decided to see what they would look like engraved at 250 DPI. This one is pearl-blue, and looks fairly stunning. I have a pearl-copper and pearl-smoke I can try out, and might also get a sample of pearl-purple. Fun stuff. Unfortunately the minimum order is really large on this stuff, so I'm not sure when I'd incorporate it into my product line.

Tomorrow I can do the copper one up and show it. This navy blue one was only a single pass at 250 DPI and is really not very great engraving quality. Certainly much lower than I expect from my equipment. I will do another tomorrow at 500 DPI with the proper multi-pass and try a cut too. Right now it's too much noise.

Oh an Fink you helped me get my library card today. I had to bring proof of residency (ie a piece of mail) and so I brought in the package you sent me!