AnneLine Posted January 28, 2014 Posted January 28, 2014 Welcome home!!!!! don't forget to post the number of pages in that training binder on the A to C Reading thread!
TheresaThoma Posted January 28, 2014 Author Posted January 28, 2014 Posted the pages. I am TIRED. But I'm really loving it here. Many of the things that I was concerned about are turning out to be non issues. And sometimes my job just involves holding babies (while their moms go get something done)! Its a tough life sometimes ;) I do have a lot to do though. Lots of papers to organize and binders to put together. Another thing I'm learning is there is several very important but very big things that are kept on the down low. Its kind of odd.
TheresaThoma Posted January 31, 2014 Author Posted January 31, 2014 Ok candlemas goal is not happening. Though I did get a lot closer than I thought I would
Oremoose Posted January 31, 2014 Posted January 31, 2014 ok first I have to share this, I REALLY want one of these....http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/e70c/ Got one of these for my mom they are so cool.
AnneLine Posted January 31, 2014 Posted January 31, 2014 Ok candlemas goal is not happening. Though I did get a lot closer than I thought I would Humph. I was afraid you might miss it. I'm not sure we're gonna hit 100,000 pages in the book challenge, either. BUT we both did a good job of trying! OR you can just slam thru a lot of posts before the 2nd! I have a friend who is curious about what you are doing for Maggie's Place and what the Place does... and what kinds of jobs/internships like this are on the West Coast... any thoughts for her? Well...maybe you can aim for a Pancake Tuesday goal.... we could all have pancakes to celebrate if you make it! Ash Wed is March 5... Maybe March 4 IS realistic?????
TheresaThoma Posted February 1, 2014 Author Posted February 1, 2014 Hmmm... thoughts well Maggie's place is a home of hospitality for pregnant women in need. Currently I am a live in staff member (my actual title is MissionCorps) and I have commited for a year. Your friend should check out the website for more info. I can also share a bit more if she has any other questions. Currently Maggie's Place has homes in AZ (in the Phoenix area) and one house in OH (where I am at). I'm pretty sure there are (a limited number of) summer internships available. The positions like what I am doing are year long commitments starting in either January or July. Thus far it has been crazy. It is living in community with all the joys and trials that go along with that. Tomorrow I will have been here for a week. There are moments when I wonder why exactly did I decide to sign up for this and other times when I am just so happy and content and I know this is right where God wants me.
TheresaThoma Posted February 3, 2014 Author Posted February 3, 2014 I'm BOOOORRRED. Three of the other staff members went to adoration, the other is down in the basement sorting donations and I'm stuck up here because I am "on duty".
TheresaThoma Posted February 5, 2014 Author Posted February 5, 2014 Pray for me, I've hit my first big challenge in community life and I'm not sure how to resolve it.
TheresaThoma Posted February 14, 2014 Author Posted February 14, 2014 Now I just have 209 more posts to go!!
TheresaThoma Posted February 15, 2014 Author Posted February 15, 2014 I love my job, it means that we can have a ton of fun with holidays!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now