TheresaThoma Posted December 21, 2013 Author Posted December 21, 2013 For the record to make that goal it would take me about 18 posts per day! That is not going to happen. So I might move the goal to like February 1st or something.
AnneLine Posted December 21, 2013 Posted December 21, 2013 You can make book on that.... and join us on the Advent to Candlemas Book Club postings! :)
TheresaThoma Posted December 24, 2013 Author Posted December 24, 2013 I did the calculations if I try to make it to the new Feb 1st goal I will have to make 11 posts a day. Which still is a lot but much more manageable.
AnneLine Posted December 24, 2013 Posted December 24, 2013 A Candlemas deadline is good for MANY things!!!!!!
TheresaThoma Posted December 26, 2013 Author Posted December 26, 2013 Christ is born! Born in a manger!
TheresaThoma Posted December 28, 2013 Author Posted December 28, 2013 Hapiness is Find a pattern you really want to make, then realizing that out of your limited selection of needles you already have the right (very odd) sized needles! Now I must resist the urge to buy the yarn I need for the project. I still have one scarf, one and two halves (two different sets)of mittens to make, plus a quilt that needs bound to finish before I leave! Also I am loving this needle case my mom got me for Christmas! keeps all my needles, crochet hooks, and other random knitting supplies together.
AnneLine Posted December 28, 2013 Posted December 28, 2013 What you need are some of those old Burma Shave Signs.... post a few lines here and there to make a poem! Maybe post some Christmas Carols!!!!! Post a quote from what you are reading. YOU CAN DO THIS, TT!!!!!
TheresaThoma Posted December 29, 2013 Author Posted December 29, 2013 Ok current freak out Planning my trip to France, its getting to the point where it has to go from theory into practice....
TheresaThoma Posted December 29, 2013 Author Posted December 29, 2013 Ok happiness I found a hostel that is run by the Assumptionist Fathers in Paris which has VERY reasonable rates. I think that might be my "base of operations" for this trip
AnneLine Posted December 29, 2013 Posted December 29, 2013 Where in France are you going to be? Is this between now and when you go to your placement??? How exciting!!!!!
TheresaThoma Posted December 29, 2013 Author Posted December 29, 2013 The trip isn't until this summer but I need to start getting things lined up now. I'm hoping to spend some time with the Community of St John in Semur-en-Brionnais which is located in the center of France really close to Paray-le-Monail (where the Sacred Heart apparitions occurred). After that I will be headed up north to Paris and the surrounding areas (Chartres Reims).
TheresaThoma Posted January 2, 2014 Author Posted January 2, 2014 Ok update on France trip Sister just got back to me about visiting the community there for a couple of days. (This is the community I am discerning with).She said they would be more than happy to welcome me sometime at the end of June and to let her know when I would like to come. I'm so excited! :bounce: Also in other random news the purse I ordered for the trip will be here today!
TheresaThoma Posted January 6, 2014 Author Posted January 6, 2014 LOOOONG day of traveling. 8 hours in the car.
TheresaThoma Posted January 7, 2014 Author Posted January 7, 2014 Ok packing has really started. And blatanly honest time. I'm excited about this move but REALLY scared at the same time. And I hate having to pretend that I am completely happy with this move, people keep on asking "are you excited?" and I have to smile and say yes. I'm human, I'm scared ok? Excited yes but this is way out of my comfort zone. /end rant
AnneLine Posted January 8, 2014 Posted January 8, 2014 (edited) I think I have just what you need.... [media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSDOrdRQNf0[/media] What will this day be like? I wonder. What will my future be? I wonder. It could be so exciting to be out in the world, to be free My heart should be wildly rejoicing Oh, what's the matter with me? I've always longed for adventure To do the things I've never dared And here I'm facing adventure Then why am I so scared A captain with seven children What's so fearsome about that? Oh, I must stop these doubts, all these worries If I don't I just know I'll turn back I must dream of the things I am seeking I am seeking the courage I lack The courage to serve them with reliance Face my mistakes without defiance Show them I'm worthy And while I show them I'll show me So, let them bring on all their problems I'll do better than my best I have confidence they'll put me to the test But I'll make them see I have confidence in me Somehow I will impress them I will be firm but kind And all those children (Heaven bless them!) They will look up to me And mind me ... with each step I am more certain Everything will turn out fine I have confidence the world can all be mine They'll have to agree I have confidence in me I have confidence in sunshine I have confidence in rain I have confidence that spring will come again Besides which you see I have confidence in me Strength doesn't lie in numbers Strength doesn't lie in wealth Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers When you wake up — Wake Up! It tells me all I trust I lead my heart to All I trust becomes my own I have confidence in confidence alone (Oh help!) I have confidence in confidence alone Besides which you see I have confidence in me! Edited January 8, 2014 by AnneLine
TheresaThoma Posted January 8, 2014 Author Posted January 8, 2014 Thanks AL! That made me giggle, and I do have to admit I am a bit like Maria from the Sound of Music at times (especially that awkward getting off the bus scene)
TheresaThoma Posted January 8, 2014 Author Posted January 8, 2014 Reflection time: The community I am discerning with has St John as their spiritual father and so I decided it was time that I got to know St John better. One thing that had always bothered me was the apparent diconnect between the other Gospels and the Gospel of St John. After doing some reading and prayer about it I realized that St John was writing his Gospel with a different purpose and in a different situation. Many (or most) of the apostles, his friends, had already been killed and heresies were starting to spring up in the Church. In this light the Gospel of John makes more sense, at least to me. The other thing I realized was that St John was asked to give the greater sacrifice, that is to live. He wasn't asked to give up his life, rather his witness was to live. That had to be so hard as he learned of the other apostles' deaths.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now