TheresaThoma Posted October 31, 2013 Author Posted October 31, 2013 It was good, a middle school team won first place. We are sending 6 teams to regionals, one of which is our first all girls team. Very exciting stuff.
ContemporaryCaflicCrusader Posted October 31, 2013 Posted October 31, 2013 My best friend in High schools robotics team went to nationals twice!!! Las Vegas and Atlanta were the destinations. They got eaten alive at at least the first one in LV I don't remember what the results of the second one was for his team. He has a big boy job with his math degree and a minor in IT services so something went right there. I leave to play dodgeball with him in an hour.
TheresaThoma Posted November 3, 2013 Author Posted November 3, 2013 Its really great to see the kids learn so much, and not just about how to build a robot!
ContemporaryCaflicCrusader Posted November 3, 2013 Posted November 3, 2013 ya . Robots. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh-BEKM-jRc
TheresaThoma Posted November 4, 2013 Author Posted November 4, 2013 But I now only have 687 more posts to go. I'm getting better at this.
TheresaThoma Posted November 4, 2013 Author Posted November 4, 2013 I have also calculated using the user list that I am now in the top 5-6% of posters. Also only about 200 people on here can change their own title (this does include inactive members so it is even less.
TheresaThoma Posted November 4, 2013 Author Posted November 4, 2013 And my last post for today I figured out that I am responsible for 0.176% of the total posts on this forum. Pretty interesting isn't it. I think it would be interesting to track over the course of my quest what percentage of posts on the forum as a whole I am responsible for. I wonder how it will change...
TheresaThoma Posted November 5, 2013 Author Posted November 5, 2013 Another day down and only 671 more posts to go...
AnneLine Posted November 5, 2013 Posted November 5, 2013 I know what it is like to run a thread where you are talking to yourself. At least you aren't doing housework and talking to yourself about it. ;)
TheresaThoma Posted November 6, 2013 Author Posted November 6, 2013 I talk to myself all the time, so this isn't anything new. If I could throw out a prayer request I'm talking to a Sister and looking at possibly visiting I really would appreciate prayers.
TheresaThoma Posted November 9, 2013 Author Posted November 9, 2013 Whoops this thread almost dropped off the first page! I can't have that now can I? I'm really excited about HB's clothing tomorrow, if I am this excited about someone elses I can't imagine what it will be like when it is my own. I could be super excited or I will go in the complete opposite direction and be super calm. I have a habit of "turning off" my emotions when they almost overwhelm me. Its kind of weird that I can stuff them in a little box and then process through them later. It can be helpful at times though too.
TheresaThoma Posted November 9, 2013 Author Posted November 9, 2013 Also I'm re-reading In This House of Brede again. Its one of my favorite fiction books. Another good fiction book I have come across is The Centurion's Wife, it is an interesting (fictional) perspective on the events following the resurrection. It stays true to the Scriptures but makes you think about what it would be like to be there outside of the immediate circle of the Apostles. I found it randomly on my library's "Second Chance" used book shelf. You can pick up books there for as little as a dollar!
AnneLine Posted November 9, 2013 Posted November 9, 2013 I bet you are vicariously enjoying Hopefulbride's big day! Prayers for both of you! I LOOOOOVED in In the House of Brede... which is why I recommended it to Cartermia last summer on the Summer Reading thread. I'm currently making my way through the videos of Downton Abbey... and then I plan to read ITHoB again... because I think I will understand more of the British class structure they are discussing.
TheresaThoma Posted November 9, 2013 Author Posted November 9, 2013 Homemade (100% completely from scratch) cinnamon rolls are in the oven!
TheresaThoma Posted November 10, 2013 Author Posted November 10, 2013 While looking at the pictures of the new SMMC novices it seems so weird to see them in a habit. I guess it is because I first met them before they entered whereas with all the other Sisters I met them when they had already been invested in the habit. I'm just thrilled for them both, especially Sr Christiana. Hers has been a long journey!
TheresaThoma Posted November 12, 2013 Author Posted November 12, 2013 new post up at my blog about the virtues I received for this year! http://veritasvitaetdeus.wordpress.com
AnneLine Posted November 12, 2013 Posted November 12, 2013 Well! Very glad to have given you something to chew on on your blog -- and an excellent one it is! I really liked your take on Courage and Meekness. AND... it reminded me of something I haven't thought of much over the last few years. In the early 1980's, and excellent movie, Chariots of Fire, was made about 2 runners in the 1924 Olympics, Harold Abrams and Eric Liddell. I'm not going to give away the story (because the movie is DEFINITELY worth hunting, and especially in the 25th anniversary edition with the additional info by the director and some of the actors... wow, JUST wow, will you look at the Holy Spirit at work!) ;) BUT I got fascinated by Eric Liddle. He ended up as a missionary in China and died their while in an Internment Camp during WWII (of a brain tumor, not of maltreatment, incidently....). I hunted for EVERYTHING I could find on him (which as NOT much during the 1980's -- more is available on line now. He wrote a book he wrote on the Beatitudes which I think really sums this up well. I'm paraphraising him, but basically what he wrote was: Meekness is NOT Weakness. Weakness is feeling weak and useless and powerless Meekness is feeling small and humble and strong And I think Courage is what comes out of that meekness -- it is what a soul filled with the strength & humility of God can do...
AnneLine Posted November 12, 2013 Posted November 12, 2013 Oh... a couple of interesting things about my good friend Eric Liddle: A very interesting movie review... http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/chariots-of-fire-1981 Preview/Film clip... cut & pasted, but gives you a good idea...but definitely you need the whole picture... because there is a tremendous sub-plot.... [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yoDE-3dTvU[/media] OHOHOH -- and look what is on Youtube -- A FULL LENGTH BIO OF ERICQ!!!! :heart: :pray: I haven't watched it, but my bet is that it is solid, from watching the 1st few minutes! WOOOOT!!!!! [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqHEYnNSZeA[/media] Wheeeeee!
TheresaThoma Posted November 12, 2013 Author Posted November 12, 2013 Hmmm I will have to watch that at some point.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now