AnneLine Posted January 9, 2014 Posted January 9, 2014 That's an interesting reflection, TT. I actually prefer John's gospel. It is much more mystical, much more thoughtful. It has always seemed like a cry fro the heart, and the entire Priestly Prayer after the washing of the feet has always seemed to me to just beat with the love of Christ. Can't do it right now, but learned an interesting fact about that Priestly Prayer - that it is actually an 'ethical will' - if oyu want more I can share more on this.
TheresaThoma Posted January 13, 2014 Author Posted January 13, 2014 Needing some prayer right now. Its been a stressful week or so and I know it is just going to be more so. I keep having dreams about my cat which I put down in June due to Pancreatic cancer, almost nightmares because they involve me having to make the decision to put her down again for various other reasons. And now I just received notice from my college that I may not be able to graduate after all because I got a D in a class that I thought I was going to get a C in. This is really stressing me out, I'm hoping to either get the grade changed or have the requirement waived somehow. I have way more credits than I need and a 3.32 GPA its just this one 4 credit hour class in my major. And now I have only a few more days to deal with that before I leave for my volunteer position.
Ancilla Domini Posted January 13, 2014 Posted January 13, 2014 (edited) How many posts do you need to change your own title? Edited January 13, 2014 by Ancilla Domini
ChristinaTherese Posted January 13, 2014 Posted January 13, 2014 Yeouch! I'll definitely pray for you. Nobody wants to have something like that come up at the end of senior year....
ChristinaTherese Posted January 13, 2014 Posted January 13, 2014 Could you pray for me too? My roommate hates me/talking to me irritates her and so does being in the same room as me, so I'm in a bit of a nasty spot right now too.
TheresaThoma Posted January 13, 2014 Author Posted January 13, 2014 Ancillia you need 3210. CT I'll pray for you!
Ancilla Domini Posted January 13, 2014 Posted January 13, 2014 Ancillia you need 3210. Wow...where do you get these statistics? :)
TheresaThoma Posted January 13, 2014 Author Posted January 13, 2014 I think there was a thread a while back about it.
ChristinaTherese Posted January 13, 2014 Posted January 13, 2014 I was just talking to a friend, and it turns out that she has a spare bed. So I might move in with her.... I think it would be good to meet her roommates too (it's a four-person, two-bedroom apartment), but since they're likely to have a roommate assigned if they don't choose one.... That would be so nice. My biggest fear was that it might or might not work out to just move into an apartment that the school assigned me to.
TheresaThoma Posted January 13, 2014 Author Posted January 13, 2014 Sounds like a good solution all around. Moving in with people you already kind of know is nice. I did that my sophmore year and it worked out nicely. There were a few bumps along the way (she didn't like the way I did dishes or cleaned the bathroom) but we worked it out (I cooked the meals, swept and dusted while she did the dishes and cleaned the bathroom).
AnneLine Posted January 13, 2014 Posted January 13, 2014 That sounds like at great solution to the roommate issue! And as far as the class issue -- does that class have to be taken at the college and/or on site? Because if they would accept an accredited class through a distance learning program, it might be a solution. PM me and I can explain how to find one that might work if it does NOT have to be done in a residential place..... there are lots of on-line classes that will let you do this. Did a bunch of extra units this way myself... Praying for you -- what a PAIN! Praying for ALL of you!
TheresaThoma Posted January 13, 2014 Author Posted January 13, 2014 I think that I might have found another solution. Credit wise I don't really need the class so if my faculty advisor/department chair is ok with it we can just waive/drop it. I sent him an email and I'm waiting to hear back. My academic advisor thinks that I have a good argument so I'm hopeful. In other news I have one bag packed. It has all my summer clothes which I will need while I am in training in Phoenix but I obviously won't need when I move to Parma. I'm fortunate that my sister is getting married in March because I will be able to switch things out with my mom. Stuff like clothes and books.
AnneLine Posted January 14, 2014 Posted January 14, 2014 That's an ideal solution -- if you don't need it, they may let you take a drop/add or a withdrawal or maybe a no-credit. Ideally one of the first two so there are no black marks on your transcript. But it would be CRAZY to let them keep you from graduating.... Praying hard!
TheresaThoma Posted January 14, 2014 Author Posted January 14, 2014 My advisor has decided to waive the credit, it will still be on my transcript but it will not be a requirement. This means that I will get my degree!!! Thanks be to God!!! I think it was just a certain nasty evil fellow trying to throw a monkey wrench in my plans. This must mean that I am on the right path!
TheresaThoma Posted January 15, 2014 Author Posted January 15, 2014 Ok not panicking just packing. So much to do and I know that I will have most likely over packed but hey I can switch things out in March if need be.
TheresaThoma Posted January 16, 2014 Author Posted January 16, 2014 And I am here. I only left about three things at home and one thing on the plane. :doh:
AnneLine Posted January 19, 2014 Posted January 19, 2014 (edited) WELCOME TO THERE!!!!! Edited January 19, 2014 by AnneLine
TheresaThoma Posted January 20, 2014 Author Posted January 20, 2014 I haven't been on the past few days because the training has been crazy busy and crazy fun. Lots of laughing but we are getting serious stuff done too. I move to my actual house (in OH on the 26th).
TheresaThoma Posted January 22, 2014 Author Posted January 22, 2014 I already feel so blessed by being here and I haven't even moved into my actual house yet. One thing big blessing is being able to pray as a community. We pray together three times a day and so being able to take intentions to community prayer is just awesome. Having the support of the community for certain intentions is wonderful. Another big blessing I have discovered is the number of women (staff members) discerning religious life and having that support.
TheresaThoma Posted January 27, 2014 Author Posted January 27, 2014 And I am "home" now!! Still settling into the routine of the house. Today was my first full day and I'm really excited.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now