ChristinaTherese Posted November 12, 2013 Posted November 12, 2013 I remember reading his biography years ago.... The missionaries who impressed me most were: Mary Slessor: because she went to Africa and gave everything for them, although the fact that she held some duties that ought to have belonged to men George Müller: because he depended on God for everything, even his dinner, and I don't think he accepted payment for his work running an orphanage but depended entirely on donations It was around the time I was reading these biographies that I thought I heard God calling me to be a missionary. And... Saint Therese and Saint Clare had missionary hearts, so I don't see why I should have been wrong as a child. (But anyway.... This is rather a tangent and this is TT's thread, not mine.)
TheresaThoma Posted November 14, 2013 Author Posted November 14, 2013 No tangents are just fine in here! I love tangents!
TheresaThoma Posted November 17, 2013 Author Posted November 17, 2013 Oh no this thread almost disappeared! I can't have that now can I? In other news I cleaned out my keyboard for the first time in a long time. ICK!
cmaD2006 Posted November 20, 2013 Posted November 20, 2013 hi hi hi hi hi ... bumping my own count lol :)
cmaD2006 Posted November 20, 2013 Posted November 20, 2013 I am very, very worn out today, TT how are you?
TheresaThoma Posted November 20, 2013 Author Posted November 20, 2013 I'm exhausted but must push through the rest of this week. AND I just found out that even though I don't have classes next week I will still have to work Monday-Wednesday! I was really looking forward to the week off. On the bright side there are only a couple more weeks in the semester, for better or worse. The Monday after I graduate I plan on doing absolutely NOTHING! Sleeping in as long as I want and just doing nothing. After that all the packing and cookie baking madness can begin.
cmaD2006 Posted November 20, 2013 Posted November 20, 2013 Sweeeet. (Re .. you're close to graduating). I'm exhausted too. My schedule has been completely messed up this week ... can't wait until the weekend to try to fix it. :)
TheresaThoma Posted November 25, 2013 Author Posted November 25, 2013 So I just wrote out all my assignments I have due before I graduate. There are 15 things on that list. I just finished three of them so that drops it to 12. But those twelve are pretty big. Lots of papers and finals. Pray for me!
ChristinaTherese Posted November 25, 2013 Posted November 25, 2013 (edited) I'm not graduating... but welcome to the club. I was gone for a few days... then Thanksgiving is this week, I have a big concert next Tuesday, and finals are the next week. In the middle of that there are a few papers and presentations. Oh boy.... ETA: But if you have twelve big-ish assignments, you might have it worse.... Edited November 25, 2013 by Christina Thérèse
TheresaThoma Posted November 25, 2013 Author Posted November 25, 2013 Three papers One computational physics project (that involves a write up) An oral presentation in French Four finals a large Homework assignment project redos for one class and hopefully a curve analysis for my senior project.
ChristinaTherese Posted November 25, 2013 Posted November 25, 2013 (edited) Two papers Two presentations Three finals One concert Yep, you have more than me. Good luck! (Isn't St. Joseph of Cupertino patron of test takers/college students at the end of the term? Our Father.... For us both and other students too.) Edited November 25, 2013 by Christina Thérèse
ChristinaTherese Posted November 26, 2013 Posted November 26, 2013 I just got done reading articles for one paper I have to write! Technically, the draft is due tomorrow. Erk. I'm going to ask my prof if he'll accept it on Wednesday.... I couldn't start researching even until Saturday afternoon, because I had another paper for him to finish and then I had to ask him what I was even supposed to be doing.
Basilisa Marie Posted November 27, 2013 Posted November 27, 2013 (edited) I'm stealing thread space to get over the title post hump goal thingy. :) Edited November 27, 2013 by Basilisa Marie
AnneLine Posted November 27, 2013 Posted November 27, 2013 YOU HAVE ARRIVED!!!!!!!! You can NAME yourself now!!!!!
TheresaThoma Posted November 28, 2013 Author Posted November 28, 2013 Basilia Marie you're welcome! Today I am cooking up a storm. We aren't actually having Thanksgiving dinner until tomorrow but I'm trying to get as much done today because we make practically everything from scratch. I have rolls rising, an apple pie in the oven, cranberry sauce jelling in the fridge, a strawberry/pineapple jello thing also setting up in the fridge. I still need to make a pumpkin pie, bake the rolls and make a cranberry relish. I'm also going to make some honey butter to go on the rolls and if I have enough energy after that I will show my sister how to make a certain cookie. That might have to wait until Saturday though! Tomorrow the turkey will get cooked with the stuffing, the sweet potatoes will be cooked (with marshmallows!). Rolls will be reheated and browned (Today I am just par-baking them). Gravy will also be made from the drippings. My mom will be in charge of the Waldorf apple salad. THEN WE EAT!!
TheresaThoma Posted November 28, 2013 Author Posted November 28, 2013 Also the amount of butter I have gone through today is crazy!!!
cmaD2006 Posted November 29, 2013 Posted November 29, 2013 Ah. Sweet potato caserole. With brown sugar and marshmallows. Yummmmm.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now