AnneLine Posted January 16, 2014 Posted January 16, 2014 (edited) VOTES:AnneLine:A Wind in the Door (L'Engle)Fahrenheit 451 (Bradbury)Beautiful Joe (Marshall Saunders)FuturePriest:ANY book from Harry PotterThe Lion, the Witch, and the WardrobeIce_Nine:A wrinkle in timeThe book thiefLion witch & wardrobeCarterMia:The book ThiefA Wrinkle in TimeThe Fault in Our StarsChrysophlax:A Wrinkle in Time (Madeleine L'Engle) [ or ] A Wind in the Door (L'Engle)House of Gold (Macfarlane)Banner in the Sky (Ullman)ComingBack:Any of the books EXCEPT Beautiful JoeTheresaThoma:The Giver (Lowry)A Wrinkle in Time (Madeleine L'Engle)King of the Wind (Marguerite Henry)EmilyAnn:Holes (Sachar)The Hunger Games (Collins)She Is Not Invisible (Sedgwick)BasilisaMarie:Will participate - Any Book is FineSpem In Alium:Jane EyreThe Fault in Our StarsLight & Truth:The Hunger Games(Don't think Nietzsche did any 'young adult' books...) ;)(Humorous books we could have found... but too late to nominate now...)xTrishaxLynnx:The Giver (Lowry)The Book Thief (Zusak) <-- already has its own tread,Not L'Engle==============================Place ranking to follow shortly (because my FAVORITE laptop (no!) insisted on posting this before I was ready. (I hate lappys....) Edited January 16, 2014 by AnneLine
AnneLine Posted January 16, 2014 Posted January 16, 2014 (edited) Rankings... ANY book from Harry Potter 1.5 A Wind in the Door (L'Engle) 3.5 A Wrinkle in Time (L'Engle) 1 Banner in the Sky (Ullman) 1 Beautiful Joe (Marshall Saunders) 1 Fahrenheit 451 (Bradbury) 1 Holes (Sachar) 1 Jane Eyre 1 King of the Wind (Marguerite Henry) 3 The Book Thief (Zusak) <-- already has its own thread, 2 The Fault in Our Stars 2 The Giver (Lowry) 1 House of Gold (Macfarlane) 1 She Is Not Invisible (Sedgwick) 2 The Hunger Games (Collins) 2 The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe -1 NOT Beautiful Joe -1 Not L'Engle 1 Any Book is Fine ================================== Welll... .that is a mixed result! Top results are L'Engle's A Wrinkle in Time and the Zusak's The Book Thief. But one person says they do NOT want a L'Engle book... and someone has already started a thread for The Book Thief a few days back! So.... I think a run-off between all 3 and 2 vote books seems fairest. So... here they are... please vote for your TOP choice for the first book for February (we can select all/any of the others after February)!!! You may vote between now and midnight Pacific Time on Sunday the 19th Choose (1) from among these books: A Wrinkle in Time (L'Engle) <--- one person does not want to read L'Engle The Book Thief (Zusak) <--- already has its own thread, The Fault in Our Stars The Giver (Lowry) The Hunger Games (Collins) The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe Edited January 16, 2014 by AnneLine
Spem in alium Posted January 16, 2014 Posted January 16, 2014 The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe! :)
Basilisa Marie Posted January 16, 2014 Posted January 16, 2014 (edited) Fault in our Stars - It'd be fun to talk about how much I think it's overrated. :evil: The Book Thief is pretty long - I don't know if that's an issue with anyone who hasn't read it yet. TFiOS is on the shorter side. Edited January 16, 2014 by Basilisa Marie
AnneLine Posted January 16, 2014 Posted January 16, 2014 You all have me curious about Book Thief, except I don't know what to do about there already BEING a discussion of Book Thief going on. Wouldn't it make it kind of difficult to have 2 threads discussing the same book? I'll vote for Lion, Witch & Wardrobe, but totally open to Book Thief as second choice....
cartermia Posted January 17, 2014 Posted January 17, 2014 The Fault in Our Stars. I haven't read it yet but just about ever person in my school (who likes to read) says it is one of the best books they have read.
cartermia Posted January 17, 2014 Posted January 17, 2014 Won't let me edit my post so here is what I was also going to say. I think some one should delete my thread. I mainly just created it so we could discuss it and the movie side by side.
xTrishaxLynnx Posted January 17, 2014 Posted January 17, 2014 I chose The Giver instead of The Book Thief mainly due to time constraints. I'll go along with whatever everyone chooses, of course, just food for thought that those of us without as much time to read as we'd like would have maybe a few extra days/weeks to start the longer book early, at our leisure, if we put that one off for a month or so.
AnneLine Posted January 18, 2014 Posted January 18, 2014 Huh... that is an interesting point Tricia. So.... lots of interest in The Book Thief and some in a few other things.... and a suggestin that maybe Book Thief would be better in a few months so some of us could get that book read while a shorter one is done in Feb. (And Feb is a short month, too.... hmmmmmm) Does this make anyone want to adjust a book vote? Still some time to vote or request to make a change.....
Comingback Posted January 18, 2014 Posted January 18, 2014 I'm good with going with a shorter book for February. I'm open to whatever is decided.
AnneLine Posted January 23, 2014 Posted January 23, 2014 Good grief, I let this drop off my radar, I am so sorry everyone! Unfortunately the bloodbank will have my head as well as my blood if I tried to count now, so it will have to wait till this evening (figure 9 hours from now or so.) Sorry, I is a human. It is a sad thing. :cry: On the other hand, if I wasn't a human, I wouldn't be able to read books. :bible:
AnneLine Posted January 24, 2014 Posted January 24, 2014 OK, going to try to do the stats now - so sorry I got sidetracked a few extra days! Here's what the run off rules were: ============================================== You may vote between now and midnight Pacific Time on Sunday the 19th Choose (1) from among these books: A Wrinkle in Time (L'Engle) <--- one person does not want to read L'Engle The Book Thief (Zusak) <--- already has its own thread, The Fault in Our Stars The Giver (Lowry) The Hunger Games (Collins) The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe ============================================== And the votes were: 2..........The Book Thief 4..........The Book Thief is pretty long... maybe a different month? 2..........The Lion, the Witch and The Wardrobe 2..........Fault in our Stars 1..........The Giver 2.......... A shorter book than Book thief - any book would be fine well...looks to me like there is a LOT of interest in Book Thief, but maybe for a longer month than February. It looks to me like for February is down to Fault in our Stars OR The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe So.... IceNine may put us out of our misery and choose one.... or submit your votes for which of these two you want by midnight Sat, Jan 25 Pacific Time. This will give us a chance to get our books and get 'em read in time to start discussing our first book on Feb 1st!!!!! so.... we'll plan The Book Thief for a month or two out (so start reading!!!!) and one of these for February (and maybe the runner-up for March or April?) and then the Book Thief? How does this sound? So... for February..... FAULT IN OUR STARS or THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE
Spem in alium Posted January 24, 2014 Posted January 24, 2014 The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe :)
ThereseMaria Posted January 24, 2014 Posted January 24, 2014 OOH! Can I join the book club? I don't care what book, I just want to join!!!
Chrysophylax Posted January 24, 2014 Posted January 24, 2014 Fault in Our Stars (Just because I haven't read that one...)
AnneLine Posted January 24, 2014 Posted January 24, 2014 ANyone can join.... pick one of the books as a preference for February before IceNine decides for us..... I'm torn... I haven't read The Fault is in Our Stars at all... and haven't read LW&W for a long time.... I'm really open to either... how about the rest of you? IceNine... where are you?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now