cartermia Posted January 25, 2014 Posted January 25, 2014 The Fault in Our Stars!!! I really want to read this book and discuss it, everyone in my school says it is GREAT.
ChristinaTherese Posted January 25, 2014 Posted January 25, 2014 I'll vote for The Fault in our Stars, since I've never read it and I've read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe many times. Not to mention, the preview I just read off of Amazon was pretty good.
ThereseMaria Posted January 25, 2014 Posted January 25, 2014 The Fault in Our Stars. It's supposed to be really good, and the amount of people voting for it seems to back that rumor up.
AnneLine Posted January 25, 2014 Posted January 25, 2014 So far it is 6.5 vs 1.5 in favor of The Fault In Our Stars. Technically we have until Sunday at midnight and/or until IceNine calls it... but I suspect we have a winner......... Anyone else wanna vote? :bible: :bible: :bible:
Ice_nine Posted January 27, 2014 Author Posted January 27, 2014 what the hell is the fault in our starz? I guess I'll find out . . .
AnneLine Posted January 27, 2014 Posted January 27, 2014 what the hell is the fault in our starz? I guess I'll find out . . . I guess we ALL will, because IceNine has CALLED it!!!! Here's the February book -- The Fault In Our Stars by John Green And it is available in Hardback and Paperback book, kindle, audio formats! http://www.amazon.com/The-Fault-Stars-John-Green/dp/0525478817/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390790041&sr=8-1&keywords=the+fault+in+our+stars :bible: Time to get started!
PhuturePriest Posted January 27, 2014 Posted January 27, 2014 I guess we ALL will, because IceNine has CALLED it!!!! Here's the February book -- The Fault In Our Stars by John Green And it is available in Hardback and Paperback book, kindle, audio formats! http://www.amazon.com/The-Fault-Stars-John-Green/dp/0525478817/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390790041&sr=8-1&keywords=the+fault+in+our+stars :bible: Time to get started! Rather than spending money that could go towards my kilt, I'll just use the library.
AnneLine Posted January 27, 2014 Posted January 27, 2014 That's just fine.... just get ready to :bible: and :spike:
AnneLine Posted January 27, 2014 Posted January 27, 2014 Oh... and while you are at the Library, you might pick these up (you can order them from Interlibrary Loan if your library doesn't have them....) The Art of Kiltmaking http://www.amazon.com/Art-Kilt-Making-Barbara-Tewksbury/dp/0970375107/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390791578&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Art+of+Kiltmaking and So You're Going to Wear the Kilt http://www.amazon.com/So-Youre-Going-Wear-Kilt/dp/185217126X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1390791578&sr=8-2&keywords=The+Art+of+Kiltmaking Happy reading and craft-making, Miles!
Basilisa Marie Posted January 29, 2014 Posted January 29, 2014 (edited) So discussion begins at the end of February? Edit: Additionally, the first trailer for the movie came out today. It does a pretty good job of summarizing the book, without any real big plot-twisty-ruining spoilers, for anyone who isn't sure what the book is about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ItBvH5J6ss Edited January 29, 2014 by Basilisa Marie
AnneLine Posted January 30, 2014 Posted January 30, 2014 Idunno... I had thought earlier, but it should start when people have had a chance to read the book. Mine won't ARRIVE until Saturday. IceNine, when do you want the book discussion to start?
PhuturePriest Posted January 31, 2014 Posted January 31, 2014 So discussion begins at the end of February? Edit: Additionally, the first trailer for the movie came out today. It does a pretty good job of summarizing the book, without any real big plot-twisty-ruining spoilers, for anyone who isn't sure what the book is about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ItBvH5J6ss Oh my word, I am so excited!!! I've yet to read the book yet, but I've been a huge fan of the Vlog Brothers for a really long time, so I'm just a big fan of anything John Green does, really. :P
AnneLine Posted January 31, 2014 Posted January 31, 2014 My book is due to arrive today!!!!! Glad you are so excited Miles... I am too!!!!! And remember, if you read it between December and Feb 2, you can claim it as a book read for the Phatmass Advent to Candlemas book challenge.... AND.... we have a 3x credit available for anyone who reads the Book Club selection before Candlemas! So.... :bible: quickly and get your 3x pages!!!!
xTrishaxLynnx Posted February 1, 2014 Posted February 1, 2014 I'm almost done the book. I have to say there's some, err... questionable... material in it. It's brief, not really graphic, and fairly obvious in the lead up to it so it could be avoided, but it isn't a book I'd give to my fifteen-year-old sister. Just a heads up.
PhuturePriest Posted February 1, 2014 Posted February 1, 2014 I'm almost done the book. I have to say there's some, err... questionable... material in it. It's brief, not really graphic, and fairly obvious in the lead up to it so it could be avoided, but it isn't a book I'd give to my fifteen-year-old sister. Just a heads up. It never really phases me unless it's super descriptive and graphic. As far as I'm aware, it's not like that, though, so I'm not worried about it. Other people are a lot more stingy on that kind of stuff, though.
xTrishaxLynnx Posted February 1, 2014 Posted February 1, 2014 It never really phases me unless it's super descriptive and graphic. As far as I'm aware, it's not like that, though, so I'm not worried about it. Other people are a lot more stingy on that kind of stuff, though. I totally understand that. I'm really not that concerned about it, but I figured I would offer a warning so someone who might be bothered wouldn't be blindsided by it.
PhuturePriest Posted February 1, 2014 Posted February 1, 2014 I totally understand that. I'm really not that concerned about it, but I figured I would offer a warning so someone who might be bothered wouldn't be blindsided by it. Yeah, definitely. I just want to make sure nobody thinks it's worse than it actually is so they don't change the book of the month. The book does say they have sex, but it's not like 50 Shades of Grey or anything. :P
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now