An Old School Catholic Message Board

Santa Claus

blazeingstar

Holy cow! I wonder if the mods can make that my own personal group because its amazing!

Reality is far better. 

And again, I have no power over the mods, so I won't guess to say what decision they would make.  I would hope that they would make the logical, level headed one. However I could also see them allowing that for you as a mockery of your ignorance.

However I could also see them allowing that for you as a mockery of your ignorance.

Thats not nice!!!!!

internet-memes-thats-just-mean_original.

Thats not nice!!!!!

Wow, real mature today aren't we.  So what if I step on a lego?  I say ow and move on.  I do most things in my bare feet anyway so not much bothors me, even legos.

I used to run around in bare feet all the time as a kid. Then I stepped on a wood shard and it got wedged up me heel. Kinda gross.

KnightofChrist

Holy cow! I wonder if the mods can make that my own personal group because its amazing!

BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL I dub thee Super Secret Saiyan Santa PM Moderator.

I used to run around in bare feet all the time as a kid. Then I stepped on a wood shard and it got wedged up me heel. Kinda gross.

That is gross.  but you gotta toughen up.

Thomas Aquinas would not agree that a children's game of pretend constitutes lying.

Santa has become much more than a "childrens game" and yes, it clearly involves lying and many lies of which Thomas Aquantis would be deeply opposed.

KnightofChrist

Thats not nice!!!!!

I use to build the USS Enterprise out of legos and trek the universe with Captian Picard, Commander Data and all the rest, I guess now that was just one big lie. :|

I use to build the USS Enterprise out of legos and trek the universe with Captian Picard, Commander Data and all the rest, I guess now that was just one big lie. :|

:console:

Make believe.  Unless you really believed Cptn Picard was real.  I am not opposed to child-led make believe.  I am deeply and vehemiantly opposed to parent (and other adults) lying to children.

Movies and stories, so long as they do not perpetuate lies, are fine but should be presented as a story, not as the truth.

Edited by blazeingstar

KnightofChrist

Make believe.  Unless you really believed Cptn Picard was real.  I am not opposed to child-led make believe.  I am deeply and vehemiantly opposed to parent (and other adults) lying to children.

Movies and stories, so long as they do not perpetuate lies, are fine but should be presented as a story, not as the truth.

Well of course he isn't real. He hasn't been born yet, that won't happen until July 13, 2305.

Well of course he isn't real. He hasn't been born yet, that won't happen until July 13, 2305.

He makes a valid point.