An Old School Catholic Message Board

Santa Claus

blazeingstar

so it seems to me like you're backtracking here. Because before I suggested you and your kids could play make-believe with Santa, and you said that was a no go on account of it being lying.

I said I will not feed into the lies and will not be doing Santa.  I think the entierty of Santa is followed by too many lies to sort out.  I do not think it is lying to tell children that it is make believe, but I will not be engaging in it, nor any other ridiculious childish flights of fancy.

It is not a lie to do or say a thing figuratively: because every statement must be referred to the thing stated: and when a thing is done or said figuratively, it states what those to whom it is tendered understand it to signify.

Yeah, no, the intent of Santa is to lie.  I don't think most parents go around speaking of a figurative santa.

Wait! Santa isn't real?!?

Sorry, he's not real.

Yeah, no, the intent of Santa is to lie.  I don't think most parents go around speaking of a figurative santa.

According to whom?
This also applies to those games of pretend that you seem to think are beneath you, by the way.

According to whom?
This also applies to those games of pretend that you seem to think are beneath you, by the way.

They are benieth me...I'm a 30 year old woman!

No matter how old you are, if a toddler hands you a toy phone, you answer it. :|

Edited by Nihil Obstat

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch...

Its not mean not to indulge children.  I don't offer them cookies for dinner.

Well, I cannot argue with that sort of person. :P

And we're different.  Thats why I'm marrying my FI, becuase we agree on these sorts of things.

No matter how old you are, if a toddler hands you a toy phone, you answer it. :|

full of win.

I don't and I won't.

lets wait and see, shall we.

full of win.

lets wait and see, shall we.

I've nannied children for 10 years.  I have several friends children.  I've never had to stoop to such a level.

I've nannied children for 10 years.  I have several friends children.  I've never had to stoop to such a level.

I guess when you stoop over to pick up the phone it can be a strain on your back. 

Im sure if your elderly parents need you to humor them and give them joy in their old age you wont stoop to their level either.

We probably shouldnt stoop to the level of the poor and sick either because cmon...Im a 25 year old middle class white girl. 

Edited by CrossCuT

are you unpopular downstairs?

?  What is that supposed to mean?  My friends children love me and crawl all over me when they see me.

I guess when you stoop over to pick up the phone it can be a strain on your back. 

Im sure if your elderly parents need you to humor them and give them joy in their old age you wont stoop to their level either.

I don't humor my grandmother so why would I humor my parents?