An Old School Catholic Message Board

Guns As A " God-given Right"

PhuturePriest

OnlySunshine

I never did, either. :P But oddly enough, I've been debating on the internet for quite a few years now, and it's taught me a lot about good debating.

Which is why I hope to become better at it.  It may be necessary for me when I get involved in healthcare administration (my major).

OnlySunshine

Yes, thank you. But the original point of whether or not bats should be banned because they are used in acts of violence remains a valid point. 

I agree with this statement.  Other objects are often used, too, according to the data I linked to.  People will always find a way to be violent.  Guns just scare me, though.  I've never touched one and I never want to.

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

KnightofChrist

I admit I haven't thought ahead to how disarming citizens would be accomplished.  I do see how that would be a problem, though, because there are people that disobey the laws. 

Yes, and what you advocate will turn many law abiding citizens into criminals in the eyes of government, and force will be used against them. The only real way for your dreams to come true is by violent means of government. 

PhuturePriest

I agree with this statement.  Other objects are often used, too, according to the data I linked to.  People will always find a way to be violent.  Guns just scare me, though.  I've never touched one and I never want to.

Winchester scares me, but I don't advocate for his imprisonment. :P

Nihil Obstat

Being afraid of something, while perfectly understandable, is not a coherent basis for advocating an inherently violent elimination of said fear from society.

Nihil Obstat

I am rather uncomfortable with revolving doors. I am pretty sure that one of these days I will be stuck halfway in and halfway out and get beheaded, while my neck stump smears gore across the class, and passers-by scream and vomit in shock. Of course I will have an open casket. I will bequeath my head to my priest as a relic, and that way he has extra incentive to make sure my canonization process gets fast tracked.

But if you want a revolving door in your house, more power to you. And take pictures, you eccentric millionaire you.

PhuturePriest

I am rather uncomfortable with revolving doors. I am pretty sure that one of these days I will be stuck halfway in and halfway out and get beheaded, while my neck stump smears gore across the class, and passers-by scream and vomit in shock. Of course I will have an open casket. I will bequeath my head to my priest as a relic, and that way he has extra incentive to make sure my canonization process gets fast tracked.

But if you want a revolving door in your house, more power to you. And take pictures, you eccentric millionaire freezing person in the winter you.

Fixed.

OnlySunshine

Being afraid of something, while perfectly understandable, is not a coherent basis for advocating an inherently violent elimination of said fear from society.

Why not?!?  I'm afraid of rats and I think they should be outlawed.  :P

PhuturePriest

Why not?!?  I'm afraid of rats and I think they should be outlawed.  :P

This has given me inspiration to make a thread asking a question I have always wondered.

OnlySunshine

This has given me inspiration to make a thread asking a question I have always wondered.

I'm here to entertain.

No, a pacifist is anti-war and believes in nonviolence so I am for gun control.  Most pacifists believe that self-defense is necessary, though, but there are better ways, in my opinion of defending yourself than using a gun.

So you're for violence to control who has guns.

And that's pacifism, to you?

It's not even a matter of self defense. Gun control is enforced by the initiation of violence. So you're for pre-emptive violence.

But a pacifist.

Edited by Winchester

PhuturePriest

So you're for violence to control who has guns.

And that's pacifism, to you?

We've gotten past this. Read the other posts. :P

Edited by FuturePriest387

We've gotten past this. Read the other posts. :P

Let her clarify. Gun control is enforced with violence. If you believe in gun control that can't be enforced, then it's not really gun control.