CrossCuT Posted July 15, 2014 Posted July 15, 2014 Adding (or math in general) makes me go crazy so there is no avoiding it for me. :dead:
TheresaThoma Posted July 16, 2014 Posted July 16, 2014 That works for me. I really need to get a good pedometer so I can more accurately track my mileage.
tigger60 Posted July 16, 2014 Posted July 16, 2014 TT you can go to Amazon and get one. The one that I use is called OMRON and it has work very well for me. It got me cyber walking like we are doing twice across the Country.
tigger60 Posted July 16, 2014 Posted July 16, 2014 TT you can go to Amazon and get one. The one that I use is called OMRON and it has work very well for me. It got me cyber walking like we are doing twice across the Country.
maximillion Posted July 16, 2014 Posted July 16, 2014 An hours more rolling - this should increase exponentially after I get my scooter back from the scooter hospital!
AnneLine Posted July 17, 2014 Author Posted July 17, 2014 Way to go. TT, here's the pedometer I use... it works really well and can be carried in a pocket or purse: o they carry it on amazon as well as other places. Anybody else got updated numbers????
TheresaThoma Posted July 18, 2014 Posted July 18, 2014 Ok by the 15 minutes equals 1 mile. I did about 8 miles today (hiked for a little over 2 hours). I will look into the pedometer. There are a couple of different models from the OMRON I'm kind of liking this one.http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HJ-321-Tri-Axis-Pedometer-Black/dp/B007ZWIJR2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405651670&sr=8-1&keywords=omron+pedometer Since it is only 16 dollars I might try it out and see if I like it.
AnneLine Posted July 18, 2014 Author Posted July 18, 2014 TheresaThoma, I have the other Omron (pictured) but my experience with it has been wonderful. It looks like people are giving the little one you posted a good review. Let us know what you think.
maximillion Posted July 18, 2014 Posted July 18, 2014 No rolling, but wait until the weekend....................wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
TheresaThoma Posted July 19, 2014 Posted July 19, 2014 Ordered the pedometer, it should get here on Tuesday!
cartermia Posted July 20, 2014 Posted July 20, 2014 About 20 miles this past week. Would have hiked more out at my grandparent's put it was raining too much here. :(
AnneLine Posted July 20, 2014 Author Posted July 20, 2014 ALso slower last week -- was doing a lot of crud that didn't require movement....10.64
TheresaThoma Posted July 22, 2014 Posted July 22, 2014 (edited) Pedometer has not yet shipped :( Edited July 22, 2014 by TheresaThoma
AnneLine Posted July 22, 2014 Author Posted July 22, 2014 OK, I'll try to get the count for last week and the next stop on our walk up later today. If anyone wants to add more numbers for me to count, get 'em in early....but the numbers are looking GOOOOD! (I'll try to get 'em up, but I can't promise it... I've been feeling kinda lousy last few days....)
xTrishaxLynnx Posted July 22, 2014 Posted July 22, 2014 Do we have a standard conversion for time to approximate miles we are using if we're not able to track exactly how far we've gone? I walked a LOT this past weekend and know the approximate time spent walking, but I'd like to at least get somewhat close with my estimate of distance.
AnneLine Posted July 23, 2014 Author Posted July 23, 2014 Good question, xTriciaxLynnx!!!!! Well... a lot of that depends on how fast you walk. :) If you aren't using a pedometer, start with 5-10 miles for just breathing and moving around your house each week. ;) that would be your normal every-day walking around the house stuff.... a pedometer calculates that AND the dedicated 'aerobic' mileage separately.) Then add on what you think you spent in walking (which is your 'aerobic' mileage). If you want to be really simple, jsut figure 15 mins = one mile. BUT.... that is walking pretty quickly -- 4 miles an hour. If you are a moderately paced walker, 3 miles per hour... Somewhat slower, 2 miles per hour. If you really don't know, time yourself for 15 minutes and use google map to trace your route and give you your mileage. :) Also, this is what Sparkpeople says are some of the equivalents.... 15 minutes per mile = 4 miles/hour 20 mins per mile = 3 miles/hour 30 mins/mile = 2 miles/hour low impact Aerobics, Walk Away the Pounds videos 30 mins = 5 miles/hour Hiking, climbing hills, carrying 10-20 lb load = 5 miles/hour If someone is swimming or biking or doing something else, let me know so I can give you the equivalent mileage. :)
AnneLine Posted July 23, 2014 Author Posted July 23, 2014 Hello, Everyone! We have the Stats for our Travelers this week. We have the following Travelers who have registered: Week ending 7/12/2014: AnneLine ........................ 13.59 BrandelynMarie .............. 14.00 CarterMia ....................... 32.00 CrossCut ........................ 12.00 Maximillion ...................... 10.00 SpemInAlium .................. 17.00 TheresaThoma ............... 20.00 Tigger60 ......................... 14.01 TOTAL TRAVELERS: 8 TOTAL MILES: 132.6 Almost everyone's numbers are up from last week... Excellent!!! I've given all who haven't said they are using pedometers an extra 10 miles... becauase that makes your numbers get in the same ballpark with the rest of us. That is the equivalent of 'just breathing' that I've discovered shows up on my pedometer when I am sick. who would have figured???? If you ARE using a pedometer, please let us know so we will not give you that extra credit. Generally if you give me numbers that aren't round numbers, i'ts a pretty clear sign you are using a pedometer! :) Hope to see you posting soon, xTriciaxLynnx!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now